Astonishing Member

Default Batgirl (Cain) vs Daredevil

Which super-hero ninja takes this?

Cassandra Cain

vs

Matt Murdock

Khazen arena.

Edit: This is classic Cass and Daredevil in his prime.
    Last edited by Steel Inquisitor; 05-08-2020 at 07:56 AM.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Classic Cassie or current Cassie?

Classic, as I recall, just about had the edge on Matt due to her superior pressure point stuff and higher level of body reading.

Current is waaaay weaker so likely loses to Matt.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Classic Cassie or current Cassie?

Classic, as I recall, just about had the edge on Matt due to her superior pressure point stuff and higher level of body reading.

Current is waaaay weaker so likely loses to Matt.
    Matt was also way weaker last I heard.

Cass is just good enough to take a solid majority on Matt. It is a tough fight, but you can look at their respective performance against sniper bullets they were unaware of as a measuring stick, for example, and Cass's is better.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Matt was also way weaker last I heard.
    Man, my not reading mainstream comics is showing.

Last I heard, Matt had gotten a whole bunch of new ninja magic because he'd become... leader of the... hand??? Maybe? This might be circa... two years ago or something?

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Last I heard, Matt had gotten a whole bunch of new ninja magic because he'd become... leader of the... hand??? Maybe? This might be circa... two years ago or something?
    FWIW I'm not really reading them anymore either, I'm just going by what I hear on this forum.

Shadowland was a LOOOOT more than two years ago, like 2010.

But yeah, current Matt is weaker, like getting almost defeated by a group of basic mooks weak. Though he has been retraining since then, and the very last feat we have for him before the whole Covid fiasco interrupted publications is him catching a knife thrown by Bullseye (who, if you remember, was killed during the aforementioned event... Comics, never change).

From what I have seen, current Cass is a bit faster than the likes of Dick Grayson and Jason Todd, but she isn't stomping those guys. I say she should be able to beat current Matt, but classic Matt beats her so badly that she is going to need counseling from Bane and Killer Croc (the reverse being true, classic Cass beats current Matt like a red-headed stepchild).

Also, I did that one back in the day, the consensus was that Cass defeated Matt.
    Last edited by FrenchGemini; 05-07-2020 at 02:26 PM.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Like my compatriot says for classic versions - Cass from back in the day was basically Matt + a little in every bit except strength: a little faster, a little better body reading, and that was enough to give her the win.

I had heard that Matt was getting better after his cratering, where Cass is now just somewhat less than peak human-ish rather than "almost as quick as Spiderman." So it really depends on where Matt is on that scale.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

This is 'Batgirl' Cassandra Cain, not Orphan (noted in the thread title and in the art), so we're talking about that one.

She should take a solid majority against Matt at his prime (but by no means a stomp - let's say 7-8/10) due to being a little better all around in pretty much every category except 'senses' (and possibly 'stealthy', which likely breaks even), and likely walks all over current Matt.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate