Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by GodfatherIV View Post
    That would be fine if it didnt show up in the comics before so as a way of explaining it she can alter her size maybe by a small amount sure but it explains why shes damn near 7 feet in earlier iterations and then 5'8 or so as an Xmen member. I like her being indestructible and quicker too and her fighting skills dont have to be diminished but being able to megamorph seperates her from other bricks and characters like say Monet

Speaking of those two characters are they too much alike too similar? Would it be better to combine them? Same thought about Boom Boom and Jubilee?
    Frenzy and Monet are not at all alike though. How are they alike to you enough to warrant combining?

I’d combine Frenzy and Callisto(Morlocks). Boom Boom and Strobe(MLF). Jubilee and Monet are both kinda unique.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Paleo_Rage View Post
    Frenzy and Monet are not at all alike though. How are they alike to you enough to warrant combining?
    Im asking a question is all. They are both bruiser brick types. Monet can fly and has telepathy. Other than that both are somewhat similar in abilities. Personalities are a bit antagonistic though Monet's is more similar to Emma Frost.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    I’d combine Frenzy and Callisto(Morlocks). Boom Boom and Strobe(MLF). Jubilee and Monet are both kinda unique.
    Yeah I like the combination of Frenzy and Callisto. However I dont see Jubilee as unique. Just my opinion but her and Boom Boom are very similar. I like Strobe but we should keep our villains as such

Ultimate Member

I don't see any real reason to combine any of these. Frenzy and Callisto are wildly different characters, as are Jubilee and Boom-Boom.

Finding out that a few oddball characters, like Zaladane, Birdy and Strobe, are secretly clones, like Maddy Pryor, that Sinister made of mutants for his own silly reasons, could be amusing. (Zala of Polaris, obviously, but Birdy of Psylocke and Strobe of Dazzler, perhaps?)

Oh hey, a mutant I'd evolve;

Scaleface, of the Tunnelers (a sub-group of Morlocks, introduced in X-Factor, the same issue she got gunned down by police). She was shown turning into a giant lizard, larger than a horse or polar bear, and, in my re-envisioning, she's at least *somewhat* tough and regenerative in that form, so that being shot by police revolvers could seriously hurt her, but she could survive and get better, after falling into the water and swimming away. I'd expand her power by saying that she's actually got *three* lizard forms. One is the one we saw, a big tough komodo dragon from hell, big as a rhino. The second is an aquatic sea serpent form, longer and limbless, able to breathe and function deep underwater. The last looks like a pterodactyl or pteranadon, a flying beastie big enough to lift a man up and carry him away (with effort, not talking Rodan, here!). This would make her far more versatile than we saw in her five-panel-existence, and able to fill more than the 'turns into a big lizard' niche.

The other 'Tunnelers' included Berzerker, who threw lightning, Blowhard, an older heavyset man who used a pipe somehow as a focus to blow gale-force winds (?), and Masque, who apparently gets around (and was both the only survivor of this issue, and the only Morlock we'd seen before this issue).

Apparently the take-away here, is that if Masque ever comes up and says, 'Hey, do you wanna go off and form our own group?' the answer is to say no and run far away.

By Jamal Campbell. This could/would be a neat upgrade for Tyke. Suit that lets him channel his blasts.

I'd still have him use his eyes mostly, but also let him do weaker blasts from elsewhere or to propell himself in the air. This could also be a downside since if you rip the suit he'd start bleeding out energy.

I dont like it. Makes him too much like Havok

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post

By Jamal Campbell. This could/would be a neat upgrade for Tyke. Suit that lets him channel his blasts.

I'd still have him use his eyes mostly, but also let him do weaker blasts from elsewhere or to propell himself in the air. This could also be a downside since if you rip the suit he'd start bleeding out energy.
    Kinda neat. Cyke is far from whom I first think of for mutants needing an upgrade, and yet, logically, this makes a ton of sense, as he's super-limited (he's got an amazingly strong attack, but literally nothing else, no defense, no transportation, no utility). Using his power to fly, or some sort of ruby-quartz shield or red energy force field, to block attacks, seems like a good idea for him.

Being able to level mountains with your eyes is the kind of offense that makes defense unnecessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I dont like it. Makes him too much like Havok
    Yeah he's very Havok-y this way, but with concussive force. It could be like used for special occasions tho. I liked how they integrated the X-Jets weapon system with his eyes in FF/X-Men, it would make sense for them to harness his unlimited energy output.

BANNED

Yeah he's very Havok-y this way, but with concussive force. It could be like used for special occasions tho. I liked how they integrated the X-Jets weapon system with his eyes in FF/X-Men, it would make sense for them to harness his unlimited energy output.

Scott's energy output is not unlimited.

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post

Scott's energy output is not unlimited.
    Oh. I didn't remember ever seeing him deplenished to the point that his eyes don't emit energy anymore. I've always assumed they couldn't be shut down.

BANNED

Oh. I didn't remember ever seeing him deplenished to the point that his eyes don't emit energy anymore. I've always assumed they couldn't be shut down.
    You assumed correctly -- Scott's powers have been poorly retconned -- originally Scott needed sunlight (solar radiation) much like his brother Alex.
    Last edited by Micabe; 06-05-2020 at 03:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    You assumed correctly -- his powers have been poorly retconned -- originally Scott needed sunlight (solar radiation) much like his brother Alex.
    Ah yes he converted sunlight, right? Now he draws energy from an other dimension.

BANNED

Ah yes he converted sunlight, right? Now he draws energy from an other dimension.
    Correct...