Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast
Results 226 to 240 of 304
  1. #226
    Astonishing Member Veitha's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,797

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThomBoleyn View Post
    Going back to Karma, I think in the late 90s early 00s they were slowly building up her power to be a little more of a full telepath, but still focus on possession. She had some regular telepathy events in the New Mutants limited series Truth or Dare and in the Beast miniseries as well (she also showed off some combat skill in that mini as well). Even Brubaker had her able to feel someone's fear, I think, in an issue. And in Astonishing Xmen after Schism she was able to use animals as spies with her powers.

    I think it is just writer interest.
    I'd keep her main power possession though. Maybe being able to probe a person's mind as if it was her own but only while possessing them. Then a telepathic sense (such as sensing emotions or presences and such) can be kept as a general thing.

  2. #227
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    966

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    I'd keep her main power possession though. Maybe being able to probe a person's mind as if it was her own but only while possessing them. Then a telepathic sense (such as sensing emotions or presences and such) can be kept as a general thing.
    I agree. I do think that Possessor who can read minds, manipulate memories, etc works well for her power set. I would like a psionic blast type that is like Betsy's old pyscho blaster that destroys mental and physical things. I do like the idea of animal as spies that could work well for as as her mind could be like a switchboard relaying info and doing low level psionic bonds that allow her to send info, maybe transfer skills between people etc or perception like allowing someone to see what someone else sees.

  3. #228
    The Poster FKA Firebaton ThomBoleyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Decatur, GA
    Posts
    229

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    I'd keep her main power possession though. Maybe being able to probe a person's mind as if it was her own but only while possessing them. Then a telepathic sense (such as sensing emotions or presences and such) can be kept as a general thing.
    I like that, it keeps her special.
    I don't post often, but I like to chime in now and again.

  4. #229
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    355

    Default

    I think if i had to i might upgrade Karma by giving her an astral form that could be projected like Malice or Trance. This would contribute to her possession powers. Additionally and I think I posed this for Tag but make her like Huntsman giving her mass possession abilites like a hive-mind type. She would have this by contact but basically those she touches share her mind basically overriding their consciousness and turning them into her and following her commands

  5. #230
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,071

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GodfatherIV View Post
    I think if i had to i might upgrade Karma by giving her an astral form that could be projected like Malice or Trance. This would contribute to her possession powers. Additionally and I think I posed this for Tag but make her like Huntsman giving her mass possession abilites like a hive-mind type. She would have this by contact but basically those she touches share her mind basically overriding their consciousness and turning them into her and following her commands
    An interesting limit to her current power is that she has to concentrate on controlling a person's specific actions, she can't just say, 'go do something nice for someone.' By rearranging the psyche of the person she's dominating to make them more like a copy of her own psyche, for a limited time, she wouldn't have to constantly micro-manage every little detail of what they did, on the upside, but would have zero control if they chose to 'be helpful' in some terribly bone-headed or unhelpful way. (Mindjobbing a professional soldier to keep a crowd back might result in him choosing to shoot at them, which, even if he wasn't aiming to kill anyone, might still be very far from what Karma *specifically* wanted... "Oh my god. By 'keep the crowd back,' I meant use the loudspeaker in your Humvee and order them back or something, not blow their heads off!")

    It's fun to come up with limitations even on these sorts of 'upgrades.' A technique that increases speed and ease-of-use, might well cut down on her specificity-of-control!

  6. #231
    Astonishing Member Veitha's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,797

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    An interesting limit to her current power is that she has to concentrate on controlling a person's specific actions, she can't just say, 'go do something nice for someone.' By rearranging the psyche of the person she's dominating to make them more like a copy of her own psyche, for a limited time, she wouldn't have to constantly micro-manage every little detail of what they did, on the upside, but would have zero control if they chose to 'be helpful' in some terribly bone-headed or unhelpful way. (Mindjobbing a professional soldier to keep a crowd back might result in him choosing to shoot at them, which, even if he wasn't aiming to kill anyone, might still be very far from what Karma *specifically* wanted... "Oh my god. By 'keep the crowd back,' I meant use the loudspeaker in your Humvee and order them back or something, not blow their heads off!")

    It's fun to come up with limitations even on these sorts of 'upgrades.' A technique that increases speed and ease-of-use, might well cut down on her specificity-of-control!
    I liked her in Second Coming. She took control of an enemy soldier or a couple soldiers, used him to shoot the others, then jump to the next one when that one got shot. It was a nice application of possession.

  7. #232
    Astonishing Member Beetle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,993

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GodfatherIV View Post
    I think if i had to i might upgrade Karma by giving her an astral form that could be projected like Malice or Trance. This would contribute to her possession powers. Additionally and I think I posed this for Tag but make her like Huntsman giving her mass possession abilites like a hive-mind type. She would have this by contact but basically those she touches share her mind basically overriding their consciousness and turning them into her and following her commands
    I'd have her possess Trance's Astral form, and Karma's consciousness overtaking it would transform it to look like Shan, also turns Pink instead of blue.

    She could then absorb it into her own body, the way she absorbed Tran's soul into her own, stealing the Astral form permanently.

    I think the physicality of seeing an Astral body actually enter the person she's attempting to possess would add a new layer of dynamism to her fight scenes. She wouldn't just be standing around thinking hard at her opponents, you could literally see an aspect of her self forcing her way into them.

  8. #233
    Astonishing Member Veitha's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,797

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    I'd have her possess Trance's Astral form, and Karma's consciousness overtaking it would transform it to look like Shan, also turns Pink instead of blue.

    She could then absorb it into her own body, the way she absorbed Tran's soul into her own, stealing the Astral form permanently.

    I think the physicality of seeing an Astral body actually enter the person she's attempting to possess would add a new layer of dynamism to her fight scenes. She wouldn't just be standing around thinking hard at her opponents, you could literally see an aspect of her self forcing her way into them.
    This is what Bobby Soul from NYX used to do. It had the drawback of messing up with his memories (he started to forget who he was after long possessions, since his astral form merged with the other person's mind).

  9. #234
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    355

    Default

    Another one I was thinking of is I guess more of an explanation but could be an upgrade. So back in the day Frenzy appeared as larger than nearly everyone else, in fact she's still listed as 6'11 when looking at her stats. Now she appears to be regular height even shorter than others like Sott. There's been no real explanation of this that I've seen so in addition to her having Steel hard skin and superhuman speed, strength, agility, durability, stamina and reflexes...I'd explain away the seeming change in her physique as another ability. I'd add to her the ability of megamorphing, being able to grow to 9 feet. She would absorb the mass from nearby objects to increase her size.

  10. #235
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,071

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GodfatherIV View Post
    Another one I was thinking of is I guess more of an explanation but could be an upgrade. So back in the day Frenzy appeared as larger than nearly everyone else, in fact she's still listed as 6'11 when looking at her stats. Now she appears to be regular height even shorter than others like Sott. There's been no real explanation of this that I've seen so in addition to her having Steel hard skin and superhuman speed, strength, agility, durability, stamina and reflexes...I'd explain away the seeming change in her physique as another ability. I'd add to her the ability of megamorphing, being able to grow to 9 feet. She would absorb the mass from nearby objects to increase her size.
    Cool notion.

    Or it could work like Guido and she bulks up as she absorbs impacts, the kinetic energy becoming extra muscle mass, only, unlike Guido, it fades over time, so that, when she's out there fighting every day, she's swole, and after some time being 'Genoshan Ambassador' or whatever, she slims down a bit.

    Or some sort of Celestial-tech augmentation from Apocalypse, that has been taken away (or worn off, or she died at some point and her clone doesn't have it?).

    Lots of options other than the meta-reason of 'when she was a villain, she was allowed to be big, but now that she's flirting with good-guy status, she has to be hot, and appropriate height for X-dudes to be kissing.'

  11. #236
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    966

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GodfatherIV View Post
    Another one I was thinking of is I guess more of an explanation but could be an upgrade. So back in the day Frenzy appeared as larger than nearly everyone else, in fact she's still listed as 6'11 when looking at her stats. Now she appears to be regular height even shorter than others like Sott. There's been no real explanation of this that I've seen so in addition to her having Steel hard skin and superhuman speed, strength, agility, durability, stamina and reflexes...I'd explain away the seeming change in her physique as another ability. I'd add to her the ability of megamorphing, being able to grow to 9 feet. She would absorb the mass from nearby objects to increase her size.
    I like that but I would make that the smaller she is the stronger and quick she is but as she gets bigger she becomes more durable since she is drawing in mass to reinforce her dense skin and body.

  12. #237
    Astonishing Member marhawkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    3,037

    Default

    Frenzy's nearly indestructible already and strong enough to fist-fight She-hulk. I like her more as a "brick" who's actually faster than normals. We have way too many bricks who are slow enough that normals can simply duck or sidestep their attacks. I don't really think having a tiny amount of size changing would actually make the character more interesting. i'd focus more on her skills as a fighter, which are considerable...

  13. #238

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Paleo_Rage View Post
    well if he cant strink things being able to increase the size of things while only being able to shrink himself would be interesting.

    Nunzio and Christina Weir did talk a little about Spectre powers.. I dont think it was dark force but it could be connected as the longer he stayed in that form the more evil and unstable he became. He was able to merge with his shadow which then gave him super strength, speed,nigh invulerablity and the immunity to darkness based attacks.
    Volunteering his mass to other objects could be cool. There’s an inhuman with that power.

  14. #239
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,071

    Default

    On the notion of Kidogo being able to impart his mass in another object, shrinking by 'giving away his mass,' that would make a neat power for someone, if not necessarily Kidogo, to transfer away some property of themselves, or cause it to manifest separately from the rest of their body. Transfer away their mass, and where they appear to be, they are massless, essentially phased and incorporeal and weightless, but somewhere there's a person-shaped mass that weighs as much as they do, and has all their physical corporeal tangible 'mass,' but is invisible, allowing them to *seem* to be able to phase (but their projected mass is elsewhere) and *seem* to be able to use telekinesis (it's actually their physical mass lifting and moving stuff remotely). Assuming that they can recombine from either location, their mass joining their 'image,' or vice-versa, they could also fake being able to teleport (or, technically, actually teleport, just in two steps, across short range), as the visual manifestation of them snaps to join with their remotely-projected 'mass.'

  15. #240
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    355

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Frenzy's nearly indestructible already and strong enough to fist-fight She-hulk. I like her more as a "brick" who's actually faster than normals. We have way too many bricks who are slow enough that normals can simply duck or sidestep their attacks. I don't really think having a tiny amount of size changing would actually make the character more interesting. i'd focus more on her skills as a fighter, which are considerable...
    That would be fine if it didnt show up in the comics before so as a way of explaining it she can alter her size maybe by a small amount sure but it explains why shes damn near 7 feet in earlier iterations and then 5'8 or so as an Xmen member. I like her being indestructible and quicker too and her fighting skills dont have to be diminished but being able to megamorph seperates her from other bricks and characters like say Monet

    Speaking of those two characters are they too much alike too similar? Would it be better to combine them? Same thought about Boom Boom and Jubilee?
    Last edited by GodfatherIV; 06-04-2020 at 12:51 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •