Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

BANNED

So you delegated Anole to a Bar Tending position?......I don’t like that.

Great Preview Tho.

Giving Trinary a recolored New Mutants uniform is boring as hell

Her X-men Red costume had a lot more personality

Extraordinary Member

All right. We're finally moving into the main plot after that last meandering arc.

Yay Trinary! And Anole was tending bar in X-Force #9 in the now classic Green Lagoon splash page.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Anole was CEO of Angel's company and is now a bartender. And he is like 16??? WTH Marvel.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    Anole was CEO of Angel's company and is now a bartender. And he is like 16??? WTH Marvel.
    It's legal in Krakoa. Also having underage bartenders is surprisingly common in fiction. A 17-year-old schoolkid was a bartender in Code Geass and no one batted an eye.

The art looks stunning here with these colors.

Also good to see Trinary. Can't believe I may be a little excited for a post-Hickman NM issue??

There are no cars on Krakoa anyways so they don't have to worry about wrecks.

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    It's legal in Krakoa. Also having underage bartenders is surprisingly common in fiction. A 17-year-old schoolkid was a bartender in Code Geass and no one batted an eye.
    Hinamatsuri had a middle schooler bartending - and then networking enough to eventually run one of the biggest conglomerates in Japan.

Plus who knows what the legal age is in Krakoa - but even in the US you dont always need to be 21 to serve drinks, in some states you only need to be 18. If the drinking age is 18 there (or even lower like in some European countries) there is nothing out of the ordinary with Anole mixing drinks.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Ugh. This book continues to miss the mark. Even small things like taking Trinary's costume and changing it to the generic NM uniform are such turn-offs.
    I'm so ready for a new creative team and direction.

Fantastic Member

this book badly needs someone on it besides Brisson writing. this doesn't draw you in at all or give you any information. I think this is actually the lowest X-book now and even less interesting than Excalibur.

and some other characters besides Magik need some spotlight for once.

Anole bartending is odd but this whole conversation about internet trolls .... why?

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

The idea of taking on an online community of bigots who are fomenting anti mutant sentiments and targeting non-Krakoa mutants by doxing them has some potential. But as Trinary points out, it would make more sense to let the tech mutants handle most of it. So let Trinary and Cypher do that and let a team of stealthy kids take on any ground work necessary to take care of them, like Cipher, Anole, and Morph. Then build a b-plot threat for the bigger names on the team. I love Magik, but she doesn't really need more panel time and she doesn't quite fit the needs of this story.

There doesn't seem to be bills on Krakoa so he's not doing it as a job, he's doing it because he wants to. My goodness.
    And Gray is correct, you don't have to be of age in all states to tend bar and this goes waaaay back.
    With mutants changing costumes here and there, perhaps this is just another that Trinary has. Maybe she sleeps in this one.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Extraordinary Member

When it comes to this series Magik's actually had relatively little panel time especially since they got back to earth. Everyone else gets into trouble for 2-3 issues and she shows up at the last second to give them the automatic win. The focus the last arc was on other characters like Boom Boom and Dani - it just didn't focus on their competence.

Also, the reason she's getting involved is that this group is a physical threat to mutants. If it was just online trolling she probably wouldn't bother, but since people are getting attacked and killed she means to put the fear of god in them.
    Last edited by sunofdarkchild; 08-27-2020 at 02:32 PM.