Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 195 of 304
  1. #181
    Astonishing Member marhawkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    3,030

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I like that one, in particular. Comics are full of people who personally shrink (or grow), but few, if any, who, like the old Legion villain 'Size Lad' affect others with their powers. Her sneaking up on someone and shrinking them to the size of an action figure and then drop-kicking them thirty feet (or just trapping them under an overturned paint can or something...).

    Lots of personal transformation / alteration powers could be interesting used offensively. Someone able to phase, like Kitty Pryde, but also able to 'phase' an unwilling person for a set time (say, 60 seconds with a single touch? Longer with prolonged contact?), with the subject having no control of the power and being unable to 'unphase,' could be an interesting attack. Kitty tags some physical fighter, even someone physically potent like the Juggernaut, and now he's intangible, no threat to anyone who isn't also intangible (like her...). Perhaps as a built in limitation, she has to remain phased to keep them involuntarily phased, so that she can protect everyone else from the Juggernaut, by phasing him, but sort of 'brings him into her phase' and makes herself vulnerable to him, so that she has to use her superior experience at being phased, and innate agility, to stay the hell away from him for the duration...
    in the movies she once pulled Juggernaut into a floor and left him there. She sidestepped one of his charges and grabbed him.

    Ditto other sorts of powers. Teleportation is cool, but imagine a character who doesn't personally teleport, but can only teleport others, calling people to her, or sending them away, at her whim.
    Voght can do that already. I'm actually struggling to think of anyone else who can though. Maybe Exodus? Not sure what the limits on his teleportation powers are. But it's Exodus... he can probably teleport an entire building. His TK is strong enough to throw one.

    There's a lot of mutants with some variant, but lots of them are weird. Lila Cheney (like Voght) transforms into an energy state as part of teleporting, but in Cheney's case the energy state moves at several times the speed of light, and she has to move long distances just to control it. Gateway creates portals that people jump through.

    I also like the idea that Sinister may recruit mutants with 'eh' powers and using his traditionally sketchy morals, tinker with them to make them a bit more 'oomph.' (With results that may sometimes be halfway-decent, but other times end up in the Power Broker model of 'yikes, let's just dump this one into the sewers and forget about it...')
    Well.. Sinister has done a lot of tinkering...

  2. #182
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    318

    Default

    I would evolve either tag or scrambler to have an evolved power that lets them work like a combination of Rogue and Leech whereby when they touch a person as long as that person is say 500 metres from them,the targets power leaves and enters tag or scrambler.So while the target is depowered and completely human scrambler or tag have the mutants capability for as long as they are within their proximity.It would be like a literal power steal

  3. #183
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    963

    Default

    Thinking through what some of yall have mentioned..

    I could def see Tag upgrade to having a psionic command induction ability. He could do this through touch for more powerful impacts or from a distance for slightly less powerful impacts.

    His commands could be : Sleep-knock out people, control-take control of someone body via nervous system, Pain=feel psionic pain, away=he could go from making folks run away to teleporting them miles away, stop=he could stop people from moving and lock them in place.

    Even though she is powerful with temp transference I def want to see Oya develop her powers and have applications of things only she can do.. just burning or freezing things doesnt work for me.. Also now that we have a few time manipulators I hope we can distinguish between their abilities.. Tempo, Sway, Tempus, Velocidad

    If Kidogo ever returns maybe he shrink things around him. Being a large guy who shrinks would be interesting and show be explored. \

    Spectre def needs to be repowered and shadow powers should be pushed since we dont have that many mutants who can do that..

    I also would like to see Rem Ram on the island doing more than going into folks dreams..He had sleep telepathy that let him slide into the subconscious minds of people. He def needs an ability to that works on conscious minds and in the field. Maybe he would cause people to sleep like Nuwa producing a sleep field or calming field.

  4. #184
    Astonishing Member marhawkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    3,030

    Default

    Tag: this is a really weird power. It's a form of psionic command, but a super simple one. Maybe add a telekinetic component to it so that he can tag someone and have objects stick to them or be repelled??

    Scrambler: His power is actually quite dangerous, the main limitation is in how he has to directly touch it. Until then he might as well not have powers. Maybe let him "enchant" objects with his power and then when the enchanted object touches someone/thing the disruption effect happens?

    Oya: I think the temperature shift thing is the most unique aspect, maybe let her do volumetric temperature shifts and let her store the temperature inside herself like Bishop stores energy?

    Kidogo: yeah making yourself and only yourself smaller is not that great. letting him shrink other people and things near him would be interesting.

    Specter: His is interesting because instead of shadow manipulation his power is to become a golem made of living shadow. he sounds like he had quite a lot of potential as-is.

    Rem Ram: the ability to read and manipulate the subconscious minds of people near him.... is a weak sauce highly limited version of telepathy as-is. I'd let him read anyone asleep or not. But only do the controlled dreaming thing on sleeping people. Even then it's limited telepathy.

    Nuwa: The scale of her powers isn't bad. She can knock an entire room unconscious. Since the power is based on bio-feedback, maybe allow her to interfere with the use of other powers? Not negating them directly but kinda like how you go limp when you fall asleep, this would cause people's powers to do the same? And also maybe make it stronger? Meltdown figured out that she could make herself temporarily invulnerable by drinking coffee.

  5. #185
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,057

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Paleo_Rage View Post
    I could def see Tag upgrade to having a psionic command induction ability. He could do this through touch for more powerful impacts or from a distance for slightly less powerful impacts.

    His commands could be : Sleep-knock out people, control-take control of someone body via nervous system, Pain=feel psionic pain, away=he could go from making folks run away to teleporting them miles away, stop=he could stop people from moving and lock them in place.
    Tag's psionic power is kinda unique in that he's attaching a psionic field *to* someone, and that field is sending out a 'go away' or 'come hither' signal. It would be interesting if he just expanded his options. He could be the ultimate 'wingman', attaching a psionic aura around someone to make them more popular for party, or more authoritative for a big presentation, or even perhaps less noticeable, for a stealth op, not quite granting people invisibility, but making them more likely to be ignored, or perhaps making them seem more like they belong. Attaching some sort of mind-affecting field to a person could have all sorts of effects, both beneficial (making someone extra stealthy, or extra popular), and offensive (making someone inspire fear, anger, hate or disgust in everyone around them). He might even learn to tap into the psyche of the target themself, making them radiate an aura of whatever they are feeling (make them into an involuntary projective empath, of sorts), so that a medical patient doesn't have to explain 'where it hurts' to a surgical team, they can briefly experience it themselves, or various funky bedroom uses.

    It's a pretty unique power, and I'd like to play into it's more specialized nature, and not widen it to be 'like other telepaths,' or anything, since we've got eleventy-bleem of them already.

  6. #186
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    963

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Tag's psionic power is kinda unique in that he's attaching a psionic field *to* someone, and that field is sending out a 'go away' or 'come hither' signal. It would be interesting if he just expanded his options. He could be the ultimate 'wingman', attaching a psionic aura around someone to make them more popular for party, or more authoritative for a big presentation, or even perhaps less noticeable, for a stealth op, not quite granting people invisibility, but making them more likely to be ignored, or perhaps making them seem more like they belong. Attaching some sort of mind-affecting field to a person could have all sorts of effects, both beneficial (making someone extra stealthy, or extra popular), and offensive (making someone inspire fear, anger, hate or disgust in everyone around them). He might even learn to tap into the psyche of the target themself, making them radiate an aura of whatever they are feeling (make them into an involuntary projective empath, of sorts), so that a medical patient doesn't have to explain 'where it hurts' to a surgical team, they can briefly experience it themselves, or various funky bedroom uses.

    It's a pretty unique power, and I'd like to play into it's more specialized nature, and not widen it to be 'like other telepaths,' or anything, since we've got eleventy-bleem of them already.
    I am all for unique powers but with the way creators are with choosing folks for teams.. His powers being so esoteric wont help him get utilized.. He is a character that could bring a lot to the X men if someone took an interest in developing him. From talking about the issues in Puerto Rico to being Afro Latino. He really could be utilized in so many interesting and very pertinent stories about mutant identity, nation making, etc

  7. #187
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    352

    Default

    It seems very hard to make Tag interesting or relevant though many are trying. I'll take shot and say tye way to evolve his powers and make him more relevant would be to make him like Huntsman (weapon 12) where has a hive-mind type viral thing that makes those he touches share his mind or have his mindset basically his psionic power overrides the consciousness of others turning them into himself and following his commands

  8. #188
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,057

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Specter: His is interesting because instead of shadow manipulation his power is to become a golem made of living shadow. he sounds like he had quite a lot of potential as-is.
    I love the visual of him sort of falling backwards (or down) into his own shadow, which then swells up and becomes the shadow-golem, with appropriate abilities (limited super-strength, super-resistant to harm from anything but light, stretchy, swift-moving along any surface, walls, floor, ceilings, even the top of water). It's kind of already an awesome power, potentially, and doesn't really need anything else. I also like that he's merging with the shadow, not transforming into shadow, so if someone like Dazzler 'breaks' his shadow-form with a concentrated burst of light, he's not dead and dispersed, he just sort of plotzes down out of the de-rezzed shadowform as a temporarily powerless teen.

    Specter was definitely one of my favorites of the students that barely got any play. (Along with Dryad, and various others who at least got limited use, like Loa, Bling!, Wolf Cub, Match, Indra, etc.). So many interesting and novel new characters and types of powers!

    Quote Originally Posted by GodfatherIV View Post
    It seems very hard to make Tag interesting or relevant though many are trying. I'll take shot and say tye way to evolve his powers and make him more relevant would be to make him like Huntsman (weapon 12) where has a hive-mind type viral thing that makes those he touches share his mind or have his mindset basically his psionic power overrides the consciousness of others turning them into himself and following his commands.
    A 'reverse Rogue' would be funky. Touch someone for a second, and for the next sixty seconds, *they* absorb your personality and essentially become you in another body. If it was a total 'reverse Rogue,' the original would fall unconscious during this time period, but a more fun version would stay conscious, and perhaps be able to 'possess' multiple people, or even transmit their power, along with their personality, so that the possessed people can themselves possess yet more people! (Be awesome at crowd control. "We need that crowd to move back." "On it. In ten seconds, they'll all be me...")

    I'm not sure I'd want Tag to have that specific power, but it's a neat one. ('Reverse' X-Men can be fun. Reverse Cyclops has a portal to another dimension in his mouth, and whenever he opens it, everything around him is sucked into the void dimension. Reverse Wolverine snarks, "Yeah, that's our fearless leader. He has the mutant power to SUCK.")

  9. #189
    Astonishing Member Veitha's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,730

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post

    A 'reverse Rogue' would be funky. Touch someone for a second, and for the next sixty seconds, *they* absorb your personality and esse
    Specter was definitely one of my favorites of the students that barely got any play. (Along with Dryad, and various others who at least got limited use, like Loa, Bling!, Wolf Cub, Match, Indra, etc.). So many interesting and novel new characters and types of powers!


    ntially become you in another body. If it was a total 'reverse Rogue,' the original would fall unconscious during this time period, but a more fun version would stay conscious, and perhaps be able to 'possess' multiple people, or even transmit their power, along with their personality, so that the possessed people can themselves possess yet more people! (Be awesome at crowd control. "We need that crowd to move back." "On it. In ten seconds, they'll all be me...")

    I'm not sure I'd want Tag to have that specific power, but it's a neat one. ('Reverse' X-Men can be fun. Reverse Cyclops has a portal to another dimension in his mouth, and whenever he opens it, everything around him is sucked into the void dimension. Reverse Wolverine snarks, "Yeah, that's our fearless leader. He has the mutant power to SUCK.")
    I like that inverse Rogue idea and I was actually thinking about that as an offensive way of using psychometry: you use it in reverse, flooding another person with your own memories so they believe they are you, until it wears out. It could be neat.

    I think that Tag has an interesting power and I wouldn't evolve it to generic TP stuff, just let him add different tags.

    Same for Rem Ram. The power sounds dumb but we've already got a lot of telepaths, so I'd keep it that way and add something extra. Like he can use dreams to go past psychic shields that normal telepaths cannot. Have him work with someone like Stacy X or Wallflower who can put people to sleep (kinda like Maxime and Manon working together to achieve mind control). Or give him some way of putting people to sleep but with restrictions (like eye-to-eye contact).

  10. #190
    Astonishing Member marhawkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    3,030

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Same for Rem Ram. The power sounds dumb but we've already got a lot of telepaths, so I'd keep it that way and add something extra. Like he can use dreams to go past psychic shields that normal telepaths cannot. Have him work with someone like Stacy X or Wallflower who can put people to sleep (kinda like Maxime and Manon working together to achieve mind control). Or give him some way of putting people to sleep but with restrictions (like eye-to-eye contact).
    I'd let him go full dream-lord on sleeping people. generic telepaths struggle to project images into another's mind. If the target is dreaming, Rem-Ram can bend the dream to his will. Maybe a subtle form of interrogation, or feeding people false info by causing them to live out events that didn't really happen. That's hard for most telepaths to do.

  11. #191
    Astonishing Member Veitha's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,730

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    I'd let him go full dream-lord on sleeping people. generic telepaths struggle to project images into another's mind. If the target is dreaming, Rem-Ram can bend the dream to his will. Maybe a subtle form of interrogation, or feeding people false info by causing them to live out events that didn't really happen. That's hard for most telepaths to do.
    Xavier in X-Men Legacy was able to get into the Accolytes base by going into their dreams and implanting suggestions. Something like that could also be neat.

  12. #192
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,057

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    I like that inverse Rogue idea and I was actually thinking about that as an offensive way of using psychometry: you use it in reverse, flooding another person with your own memories so they believe they are you, until it wears out. It could be neat.
    Yeah, lot's of fun potential with psychometry. "Here's the worst pain / loss / despair you ever felt, back for an encore." "Here's all the stuff that ever happened in this location. Ooh, a witch-burning. Have fun reliving that!" "Here's the worst pain *I* ever felt. The birth of my first child. I was in labor for sixteen hours. It's intensely private, but I want you to hurt so much that I've weaponized it. And you'll get to experience it over the next sixteen *seconds.* All at once. All for you."

    Just, ouchie.

    Ideally, the precognitive / psychmetrist who weaponizes their psychic power and inflicts painful / horrible visions on an unwilling foe does so by creating a pinkish/purple energy weapon, and calls it the 'focused totality of my precognitive powers' just to poke fun at Psylocke.

  13. #193
    Astonishing Member marhawkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    3,030

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Xavier in X-Men Legacy was able to get into the Accolytes base by going into their dreams and implanting suggestions. Something like that could also be neat.
    More than that. This fight was way more personal than most. This was right after Exodus had healed the injuries Xavier suffered when Bishop tried to kill him. Xavier was both in a "take no prisoners" mood and an "I'm here to talk" mood. So he telepathically incapacitates everyone but Exodus then has a heart to heart with Exodus. At one point there was this:

    Exodus: Double check to make sure your Psi-blocker is turned on.
    Cargill(I think): Yes it's on.
    Exodus: No it isn't, Your memory of turning it on is a fake. He's here already.

    Cut to hallway where Random is shooting at Unuscione, and Tempo has time frozen all three of them. Xavier just casually walks past like it's just another Tuesday.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Yeah, lot's of fun potential with psychometry. "Here's the worst pain / loss / despair you ever felt, back for an encore." "Here's all the stuff that ever happened in this location. Ooh, a witch-burning. Have fun reliving that!" "Here's the worst pain *I* ever felt. The birth of my first child. I was in labor for sixteen hours. It's intensely private, but I want you to hurt so much that I've weaponized it. And you'll get to experience it over the next sixteen *seconds.* All at once. All for you."

    Just, ouchie.

    Ideally, the precognitive / psychmetrist who weaponizes their psychic power and inflicts painful / horrible visions on an unwilling foe does so by creating a pinkish/purple energy weapon, and calls it the 'focused totality of my precognitive powers' just to poke fun at Psylocke.
    This is an idea I'd pondered as an offensive telepathic trick to disorient or distract an opponent in a physical fight. two people are in the middle of a sword fight and the telepath creates an illusion that causes their opponent to feel like they've been stabbed somewhere. Even if all they do is flinch it can make an opening.
    Last edited by marhawkman; 05-30-2020 at 11:02 AM.

  14. #194

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Kidogo: yeah making yourself and only yourself smaller is not that great. letting him shrink other people and things near him would be interesting.

    Specter: His is interesting because instead of shadow manipulation his power is to become a golem made of living shadow. he sounds like he had quite a lot of potential as-is.
    I agree. Those specific two don't need to be made more powerful imo. They are too new and unexplored to properly assess their powers. I wouldn't give Kidogo the ability to control other people's size because I already used that trick for Thumbelina. She doesn't have Kidogo's physicality. For him, I would have him create his own attack style that exploits the size changing (making himself lighter and quicker). And maybe he could shrink damage done to his body; like a gunshot. Or he could block out knockout gas by temporarily narrowing his nasal passage. He already has the advantage of height and reach. It's unique among size changers.

    I would like to see more of Dallas using his powers. Is he darkforce dimension connected?

  15. #195
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    963

    Default

    Now I am thinking about the OG hellions


    Jet Stream-I dont want him to be a cannonball knock off anymore. I would assume he came back with out the cybernetic parts. How could we fix him? Super speed flight powered by chemical energy with dense skin to protect him perhaps?

    Roulette - She always seemed to be pretty powerful. Tech I would assume she is not most powerful probability manipulating mutant now. She just needs to be used more and to see what her powers can do.

    Catseye- I always liked her better than wolfsbane. She reminds me a bit of Meggan but we also know she is a genius. As far as her specific metamorphic abilities I guess I would hope she could change into a variety of cat types and shapes..from a small house cat to a Tiger. I would also like her to show varying abilities that cats have speed of cheetah to variation of a lions roar to super strength of a jaguar.

    Beef- I would love for him to be more than a generic big guy. The name beef already makes met think he might have mass manipulation abilities.

    Bevatron- Bio electrical abilities, seems pretty powerful but we want something to distinguish him from Surge

    Empath- Always seemed powerful enough. I dont know if I like the more modern takes on his powers being biochemical based.

    Tarot- Her pre cog abilities probably will not be delved into anytime soon but I would like them to kind of unpack her powers. Is she just limited to tarot cards or can she project any 2 d image into 3 d. I know these images are psionic based and powered but are they just one image or can she impact environments? Allowing herself to assume the abilities of avatars was interesting but her powers just kind of cartoonish. She would be a prime candidate to have mutant magic.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •