Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Most of the Aaron creations and newer mutants like Eyeboy and Sharkgirl I pretty much hate. Even Grant Morrison's Glob is terrible imo. One of the most interesting things about this thread or shall I say the funniest thing is how hard it seems people are trying to make sense of or come up with a definition and upgrade for Tag.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by GodfatherIV View Post
    Even Grant Morrison's Glob is terrible imo.
    Eh. Morrison. Fantomex, Xorn, Quentin, Glob, Longneck, Ugly John, Angel Salvadore, Beak, No-Girl, Basilisk, the Stepford Cuckoos, I'm not really a fan of any of them. (The world is barely adequate for *one* Emma, did we really need five more?)

Bizarrely, it's the Morrison mutant creations he barely ever used like Mentat, Polymer, Contact, Keratin, Imp, etc. that intrigue me the most, and I kinda suspect that if he had seriously written them, he'd have made them as unlikable as I find the others...

Then again, I'm inconsistent, even in this. I liked Ernst and Slick, regardless of his intent for them. So fickle I am.

Quote Originally Posted by GodfatherIV View Post
    Most of the Aaron creations and newer mutants like Eyeboy and Sharkgirl I pretty much hate. Even Grant Morrison's Glob is terrible imo. One of the most interesting things about this thread or shall I say the funniest thing is how hard it seems people are trying to make sense of or come up with a definition and upgrade for Tag.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Eh. Morrison. Fantomex, Xorn, Quentin, Glob, Longneck, Ugly John, Angel Salvadore, Beak, No-Girl, Basilisk, the Stepford Cuckoos, I'm not really a fan of any of them. (The world is barely adequate for *one* Emma, did we really need five more?)

Bizarrely, it's the Morrison mutant creations he barely ever used like Mentat, Polymer, Contact, Keratin, Imp, etc. that intrigue me the most, and I kinda suspect that if he had seriously written them, he'd have made them as unlikable as I find the others...
    But Basilisk is cool AF....No MATTER what anyone says

Hyuk!

And poor poor Dummy....

Damn...I wonder if there's any chance he could get resurrected....I hope so
    GrindrStone(D)

Extraordinary Member

Then again, I'm inconsistent, even in this. I liked Ernst and Slick, regardless of his intent for them. So fickle I am.
    The Special Class were all riffs on the original X-Men.

Basilisk = Cyclops
    Angel = Angel
    Beak = Beast
    Dummy = Iceman
    No Girl = Jean

I’m surprised Sutekh has such disregard for the Cuckoos.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Wait, didn't Husk need to know the chemical composition of what she was turning into?

For Tag, I don't think superspeed suits him, he's psionic. I would like him to be able to put different effects and not only "run away" or "come close". As I've said in a previous page, he should be a crowd controller kind of guy but not full on telepathic. Like say he touches an ally and says "Follow" then everyone who needs to be rescued from a situation follows him. Or if he touches an enemy and says "Attack" everyone, incluiding the enemie's allies, are prompt to attack. Like if he could put a psychic signal on people he touched.
    I loved Tag's powers, it's a psionic ability that isn't overused and highly unique. I wish they would've kept him around.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Tag - He can mark anyone or anything with a certain energy signature that attracts and repels objects and/or people like a sort of bio-magnetism.

Jubliee - Just have her get smart about the applications of her abilities.

Yeah Jubliee powers can be powerful they just dont use her like that. Heck I want a more mature Jubilee, new attitude, new costume and no baby.

There's a character from My Hero Academia who can increase his muscle fibers to extra strength and durability. Not quite the same as Skin's powers but it's somewhat similar.
    Thats an interesting take on Tag. Bio magnetism. I was thinking he could be like the villain on Black lighting Grave digger with command inducement along with superhuman physical abilities(enhance, strength,speed,durability and mid level healing factor) would be a great combo. He could become warpaths apprentice and get those knives from him so Warpath can be the 100 ton bruiser he is. I would extend that he can also command non living things as well as his powers develop.

Mighty Member

He is back they just have to use him again. I do see why he wasnt put on squad. Any powers that are to esoteric tend to hurt the character being used in books. heck even Wanda had to have her powers shift a lot to get used more often.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    I personally often wonder if maybe she was born with wings or something. MLF were written as guys who had been on the receiving end of hatred for mutants. Were her wings originally intended as a cybernetic replacement? I dunno, but the idea is intriguing.
    I wonder about her name, Tamara Kurtz. She was introduced in conjunction with Sumo and Kamikazee. Is she supposed to be Japanese? And what’s worse, cultural appropriation or being an Asian dragon lady? It couldn’t hurt for Tammy to get some fleshing out. Her characterization is all over the place.

I kinda like the idea that Dragoness is so different than what you expect, using tech (probably given by Stryfe?) to put on the 'dragoness' air. She's just an electrical blaster, no different, mechanically than the way less interesting Stinger. But she's got that scaly suit with the mechanical wings, and that gives her a totally different (much cooler, IMO) visual than Stinger and her 'mall-rat Jubilee wannabe what throws lightning.' That said, I *also* like the idea of more lady mutants who aren't just 'hot chicks with powers,' but have some physical mutations that lean them away from 'bathing suit wearing male fantasy what throws zaps,' so it could be neat to develop her wings and scales as an actual physical mutation, and not just a costume. (I have a fondness for Shark Girl for this reason, she defies all expectations.)

I wonder sometimes if Tempo has a similar deal to Dragoness with the flying armor. She's been shown flying as well, but that's not something that has anything to do with her power of time-manipulation, so I wonder if it's also a property of that gold armor she got (again, presumably future-tech from Stryfe), and not just some rando other power.
    Duality is big with MLF

Wildside is supposedly from wealth and I’m pretty sure that his claws have been depicted as fake before

Reaper’s face paint was removable in the Exiles series and I have no idea how his powers work or why he needs the scythe

Locus and Dragoness look dramatically different from time to time

Tempo has used her powers as if she really were altering time

etc

Overall, the mutant community could stand to have their powers decreased and simplified. BUT they’d use them so effectively that it wouldn’t matter. There are just too many omega levels. And half the time they job to sapien filth with power dampeners. Just once I would like to see someone shoot Cyclops with a power dampener only for him to return fire with a glock.

Give the Phoenix to Beak. A bird hosting a firebird. He will go directly KFC....

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    The Special Class were all riffs on the original X-Men.

Basilisk = Cyclops
    Angel = Angel
    Beak = Beast
    Dummy = Iceman
    No Girl = Jean
    I loved the special class so much. They were great. Angel and Beak could have been something long lasting and special if other writers had just used them. In my mind they could have been the next Cyclops and Jean Grey (yes probably only in my mind..) I was so annoyed back in the day because Morrison had created these great younger characters and then other writers kept creating their own younger characters. Before you knew it there were so many of them and too many to kill off in one big bus explosion. Ah well.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    I wonder about her name, Tamara Kurtz. She was introduced in conjunction with Sumo and Kamikazee. Is she supposed to be Japanese? And what’s worse, cultural appropriation or being an Asian dragon lady? It couldn’t hurt for Tammy to get some fleshing out. Her characterization is all over the place.
    Apparently Kurtz is a Swiss surname, so more of a European dragon I would think. Her wings don't look right for a Long dragon anyways, but perfect for a European dragon. Yeah her backstory talks about her parents being in Japan during WW2, but... she's not Japanese.

Just for reference, Long:

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    I’m surprised Sutekh has such disregard for the Cuckoos.
    Eh. We already have Emma. More is not, IMO, better. (I feel the same about the older and younger versions of Wolverine running around. Gah, one is enough! But I like Evan Sabah Nur, so, as usual, I'm not consistent...)