Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Ah yes he converted sunlight, right? Now he draws energy from an other dimension.
    He doesnt draw energy from another dimension. Thats an urban legend thats never been made canon in the books

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    He doesnt draw energy from another dimension. Thats an urban legend thats never been made canon in the books
    Actually that was printed in OHOTMU v1 (1983-84)...

But, like I said earlier -- retcons...

Cyclops' powers was originally explained in X-Men #43, which stated that Cyclops' eyes act as solar batteries, absorbing sunlight "in a process not unlike photosynthesis."

Later comics implied that Cyclops' entire body is the battery, not just his eyes, explaining why he's been able to absorb Havok's energy blasts and even, on occasion, Storm's lightning. Cyclops' body constantly absorbs ambient energy, such as sunlight, from his environment into his body's cells that allows him to open the apertures. Cyclops' mind generates a psionic field that is attuned to the forces that maintain the apertures.

Last edited by Micabe; 06-05-2020 at 06:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Actually that was printed in OHOTMU v1 (1983-84)...
    yeah like I said not canon, yet people somehow grasp onto that despite no evidence in the actual books and in fact what we have seen seem to contradict it

ETA: I notice that writeup describes Scott's eyes as brown, yet they were colored blue in the 12 story...lol

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    yeah like I said not canon, yet people somehow grasp onto that despite no evidence in the actual books and in fact what we have seen seem to contradict it

ETA: I notice that writeup describes Scott's eyes as brown, yet they were colored blue in the 12 story...lol
    Yeah, that happens a lot.

There are mutants for whom a power upgrade makes sense and then there’s Cyclops. His mastery of his own powers makes any kind of enhancement overkill.

BANNED

If Scott had mastery of his own powers he wouldn't need the visor/glasses.

In E is for Extinction (the Secret Wars mini) he was able to use the kinetic aspect of his powers with more precision. Like he could hipnotize people by affecting their brain (kind of OP), but he could also switch the channels on a TV by blinking. It was very nebolous about how he could do it (it was like a push-only with different pressures telekinesis. I guess).

Btw, another mutant I'd give an upgrade to would be Bedlam. He only affected electronics, while his brother only affected nervous systems. I'd say give Bedlam enough control to affect other people too, like a short to mid-range Spider Woman bioelectric blast. He could use it more like his brother tho, to paralize or make people feel sick, rather than turning it into a generic electric attack like Jessica often does.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    If Scott had mastery of his own powers he wouldn't need the visor/glasses.
    I'd be in favor of that. It's long past time, IMO. Chuck is finally out of that chair (who knows how long it will last this time...). Jean is alive again this week. Warren has white feathered wings again. Rogue can (intermittently) touch Gambit without coma-fying him. Why not let Scott take off his visor and finally do something about those 20 year old tan-lines on his face?

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I'd be in favor of that. It's long past time, IMO. Chuck is finally out of that chair (who knows how long it will last this time...). Jean is alive again this week. Warren has white feathered wings again. Rogue can (intermittently) touch Gambit without coma-fying him. Why not let Scott take off his visor and finally do something about those 20 year old tan-lines on his face?
    If he's not wearing a visor that makes him look like he has one eye, then he's not really Cyclops.

Plus the fact that some mutants have powers they simply can't control can work as a good disability metaphor, and really the fact that Cyclops has to keep control is a good reflection of his personality in general.

I'd rather not loose all that just so he could gain a few notches on the power scale.

Fix the Anarchist, Tike Alicar please. Acid sweat is cool I guess but I need something turned up to 11.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Fix the Anarchist, Tike Alicar please. Acid sweat is cool I guess but I need something turned up to 11.
    Mina from My Hero is your answer for that!

Acid shields by changing the acid sweat's viscosity.

Acid skating too!

And a great dancer

Soo... got distracted and started reading the wiki about the old X-Statix comic... Then realized most of the mutants in it are the sort of mutants who get killed off-panel by the Purifiers of Friends of Humanity. IE they have just enough mutant ability to be obvious but not enough to be dangerous.

Anarchist: fires sticky acid at things
    Anti-Matter: glowing skeleton in a containment suit(his name is Summers, but presumably not related to Scott Summers)
    Battering Ram: stronger and tougher than a normal person, but got shot to death by machine gun fire
    Bloke: enhanced strength and toughness, could also change his skin color to blend with surroundings, but changing made physically him weak while he maintained it, got shot to death
    Coach: his power were in his right arm and when it got cut off he was left with no powers
    Corkscrew: could shift parts of his body to make spinning metal protrusions. violently insane, but it's not clear why
    Cupric: never seen using his powers
    Dead Girl is one of the most powerful of them... and her powers activated when someone killed her. She's probably fine.
    El Guapo… mutant connection to his skateboard.
    Fanboy: reality warper whose powers caused heart problems. Died of a heart attack while using his powers
    Gin Genie: can create earthquakes, but only while intoxicated.
    Henrietta Hunter: psionic powers such as precognition and empathy, limited probability manipulation, under certain circumstances she could come back to life when killed
    Hurt John seemingly has only the power to make others feel pain. He looks weird with spikes sticking out of him though.
    Katie Sawyer: U-Go Girl's daughter with similar powers
    La Nuit: some sort of darkforce or shadow manipulation
    Lacuna: an odd sort of time manipulation based super speed. She created ripples in time that let her do whatever she wished while the normal flow of time was (from her PoV) frozen
    Lightning Bug: electricity manipulator who used it to fly
    Mant: bug person who presumably had enhanced strength as he was able to bite through Sycamore's wood body
    Mirror Girl can create some sort of constructs which show modified mirror images of people
    Mr. Sensitive: superhuman senses so powerful he needed a dampening suit to avoid being in constant agony.
    Mutalien: unknown powers but a freakish appearance
    Nightvoid: unknown powers, but his skin is pitch black
    Ostinato: unknown, but his codename is a term for a type of music also know as a "riff" where a specific series of notes plays in the middle of a larger piece
    Paco Perez: could cure diseases
    Phat: obese girth, but the ability to manipulate it as a weapon
    Phatty: Phat's daughter, same powers
    Plazm: could become semi-liquid, and was also super fast, not liquid enough to avoid dying to machine gun fire though.
    Saint Anna: telekinesis, healing(applied TK?) and a gas form, shot to death
    Sluk had tentacles on his face that he could stretch to attack people
    Smoke: semi-intangible form, but got cut up by Wolverine
    Spike: creates and fires spikes from his skin
    Succubus: lizard woman with somewhat enhanced strength, died when Mr Sensitive knocked her into a wall
    Sycamore: humanoid tree
    The A: acid projection powers
    U-go girl: teleporter who can do distances and a lot of stuff but gets tired by teleporting rather easily
    Uno is a mutant who is a floating eyeball and has energy blast powers.
    Venus Dee Milo: energy beams and some sort of teleportation/space manipulation, needed a containment suit to avoid dispersing because her body was made of energy
    Vivisector: feral form, possible regenerative powers
    Vulpine: fox human
    Zeitgeist: spits acid vomit

That's a full 40 characters. Some of them are genuinely powerful or dangerous, others... are barely even mutants.

Fantastic Member

Oh god. Just the gross mutants now

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    LL! 20 year old tan-lines