Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    She has always had a glow/aura but not THAT bright.

Like i said in my post above..... maybe there is something more to that.
    The Five's resurrection allows them to restore a mutant to their peak and optimal conditions. She was only seen using her power a handful of times before being depowered. They are likely now at their peak had they been allowed the time to develop over the years that she lost

Quote Originally Posted by Paleo_Rage View Post
    Yeah, I want him to control peoples knowledge.. He could make people forget how to walk, or he could transfer knowledge, let people temp learn a new language or fighting skills or how to pick a lock. He could do a telepathic knowledge overload trick as his version of a psionic blast. Also, He def should have rudimentary mystical abilities ...
    I love that. It would be a great evolution to his powers, knowledge shouldn't be hoarded it should be shared.
    He could teach Hellion all of Jean and Psylocke's telekinetic tricks
    He could give Husk a crash course in super chemistry and really draw out the full potential of her powers
    He could download all of Doctor Strange's spells and mystic knowledge into Pixie

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    I think EVERYONE wants Maggot to move well beyond Eenie and Meanie and into Pestilence swarm territory.
    A swarm would lose a lot of the distinctiveness of Eenie and Meanie. They have character. I say just let them grow huge like this guy from the Ultimate Universe

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    That'd be great, because w/o that she's another Daken, Stacy X or Empath but much less interesting, at least visually.

Another Guthrie that could receive an upgrade is Icarus, btw. He had voice powers or something like that, they could give him a Black Canary shriek kind of power.
    The Guthrie's (other than Sam) have gotten a weird lot. In her first appearance, Paige turned into a little songbird, no skin ripping weirdness, just straight up animal shapeshifting. The second time we saw her, it was all face-tearing Clive Barker's X-Men stuff. The first time we saw Josh/Jay, he used his mutant voice to power up Dazzler so she could save them (remember when she needed sound to transform into light and Reed Richards had to make her a sound-storage device so she could use her powers outside of a rock concert? Good times. Now she just throws lasers...). The second time, he had red wings. I don't even know what goes on with those kids. I half expected Melody to show up with gills and tentacles...

Anywho, Jay Guthrie. Dude who cut his own wings off because he hated being a mutant so much, and ended up betraying the team to some nutjobs and getting Wallflower killed. Really puts the 'ick' in Icarus.

And now he's alive again. That's gotta be interesting. Does he remember everything he did? *Does everyone else?* (Does Wallflower know? Does Elixir, in whose arms she died, know that Jay is why it happened, and did he know it when he resurrected him *against his will?*) There's a story waiting to be told. Lot's of pent-up drama.

But, on topic, I'd rather he had some sort of mesmerizing voice, or even disorienting subsonics, than a sonic blast like Banshee and Siryn, to be different. Maybe some funky vocal tricks, like the ability to impersonate voices or perfectly replicate animal or background noises with his mutant vocal chords, even to abnormal volumes (like create the sound of an entire crowd, cheering, or an explosion, just not 'sonic screams').

Anything but the healing blood 'related to Angel' nonsense, because that just means that Angel is also related to Jay's sister Paige, which makes their relationship *even creepier than it already was.*

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    The Guthrie's (other than Sam) have gotten a weird lot. In her first appearance, Paige turned into a little songbird, no skin ripping weirdness, just straight up animal shapeshifting. The second time we saw her, it was all face-tearing Clive Barker's X-Men stuff. The first time we saw Josh/Jay, he used his mutant voice to power up Dazzler so she could save them (remember when she needed sound to transform into light and Reed Richards had to make her a sound-storage device so she could use her powers outside of a rock concert? Good times. Now she just throws lasers...). The second time, he had red wings. I don't even know what goes on with those kids. I half expected Melody to show up with gills and tentacles...

Anywho, Jay Guthrie. Dude who cut his own wings off because he hated being a mutant so much, and ended up betraying the team to some nutjobs and getting Wallflower killed. Really puts the 'ick' in Icarus.

And now he's alive again. That's gotta be interesting. Does he remember everything he did? *Does everyone else?* (Does Wallflower know? Does Elixir, in whose arms she died, know that Jay is why it happened, and did he know it when he resurrected him *against his will?*) There's a story waiting to be told. Lot's of pent-up drama.

But, on topic, I'd rather he had some sort of mesmerizing voice, or even disorienting subsonics, than a sonic blast like Banshee and Siryn, to be different. Maybe some funky vocal tricks, like the ability to impersonate voices or perfectly replicate animal or background noises with his mutant vocal chords, even to abnormal volumes (like create the sound of an entire crowd, cheering, or an explosion, just not 'sonic screams').

Anything but the healing blood 'related to Angel' nonsense, because that just means that Angel is also related to Jay's sister Paige, which makes their relationship *even creepier than it already was.*
    Oh I just remembered their other Brother Jeb.. He lost his powers too. I hope he gets his powers back sooner or later.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Paleo_Rage View Post
    Oh I just remembered their other Brother Jeb.. He lost his powers too. I hope he gets his powers back sooner or later.
    Was he the one with the lightning vision thing? And then there was the sister who, in Age of Apocalypse, was called Amazon and had grow-to-giant-size powers. Gosh, that family. I want a mini focused on all ten of them, and momma Lucinda, roaming around the country in an R.V. that's bigger on the inside, getting into shenanigans, and finding out something about their mysterious dead papa. (Like he never existed, and it's all Lucinda, a wild delusion, and her do-it-yourself magic mutant-baby-factory? Or maybe he did exist, as an identity worn by some disposable clone of Dr. Nathaniel Essex, since discarded and forgotten?)

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post

That power would be better than straight up sonic blast indeed. I think he already was able to mimic other voices, right? He could be able to mimic any sound like you said, and that could be pretty useful also in battle.

I find it funny that now we have 3 flight related mutations, and Paige with the weirdest form of transmutation. I bet if we get the other brothers back they'll have flight related stuff.

BANNED

gotta hand to generation X for having a generation of really original and distinct powers ngk

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    gotta hand to generation X for having a generation of really original and distinct powers ngk
    True that
    Skin really needs a power upgrade tho....I'd grow his powers into more like his character in the amalgan series Generation Hex...he was able to absorb bullets into his skin and shoot them back etc
    GrindrStone(D)

Yeah Gen X did amazing with coming up with unusual powersets or weird powers.

Skin could become able to manipulate his fingernails and hair maybe? Or have him alter the density of his skin to grow an armor etc.

BANNED

his skin just needs to be special and hed be fine

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    his skin just needs to be special and hed be fine
    Yeah like give him the ability to act on the concentration of keratin in his skin to harden it and such.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Yeah like give him the ability to act on the concentration of keratin in his skin to harden it and such.
    ugh i'm getting MHA vibes +Penance has hard skin nahhh we need something more Xtra for the Gen Xer
    GrindrStone(D)

Incredible Member

How about skin being able to do things like use his extra skin to glide like a sugarglider or using extra skin like an octopus uses its arms to mimic other shapes and animals or control over things like the pigmint of his skin like a chemelaon. Basically total skin control.

Quote Originally Posted by dragon1440 View Post
    How about skin being able to do things like use his extra skin to glide like a sugarglider or using extra skin like an octopus uses its arms to mimic other shapes and animals or control over things like the pigmint of his skin like a chemelaon. Basically total skin control.
    That's cool too.

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    ugh i'm getting MHA vibes +Penance has hard skin nahhh we need something more Xtra for the Gen Xer
    Fair. What about he controls the skin after it'd deattached, so he shreds it off like a snake and boom skin duplicate. That's very MHA though hahahah

Skin shouldn't just stretch his skin, but his bones, muscles, organs. He should be able to dramatically modify his appearance. Skin should be like Mystique, with a little Mister Fantastic extras. We need more sneaky spy mutants and not combat utilities.