Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    I agree. Those specific two don't need to be made more powerful imo. They are too new and unexplored to properly assess their powers. I wouldn't give Kidogo the ability to control other people's size because I already used that trick for Thumbelina. She doesn't have Kidogo's physicality. For him, I would have him create his own attack style that exploits the size changing (making himself lighter and quicker). And maybe he could shrink damage done to his body; like a gunshot. Or he could block out knockout gas by temporarily narrowing his nasal passage. He already has the advantage of height and reach. It's unique among size changers.

I would like to see more of Dallas using his powers. Is he darkforce dimension connected?
    well if he cant strink things being able to increase the size of things while only being able to shrink himself would be interesting.

Nunzio and Christina Weir did talk a little about Spectre powers.. I dont think it was dark force but it could be connected as the longer he stayed in that form the more evil and unstable he became. He was able to merge with his shadow which then gave him super strength, speed,nigh invulerablity and the immunity to darkness based attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Paleo_Rage View Post
    Now I am thinking about the OG hellions

Jet Stream-I dont want him to be a cannonball knock off anymore. I would assume he came back with out the cybernetic parts. How could we fix him? Super speed flight powered by chemical energy with dense skin to protect him perhaps?
    that still sounds like Cannonball

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    that still sounds like Cannonball
    Well any ideas...

Why not just have him transform into air, if he’s “Jetstream”. If Cannonball gets “nigh invulnerable when he’s blastin”, let Haroun get “nigh intangible when he’s zoomin” or something.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Why not just have him transform into air, if he’s “Jetstream”. If Cannonball gets “nigh invulnerable when he’s blastin”, let Haroun get “nigh intangible when he’s zoomin” or something.
    His power is based on expelling very hot energized gases. I think his name is meant to evoke the flame coming out of the back of a jet aircraft engine. Also he's a cyborg because his powers were TOO hot and he started to burn himself when he used them. Hmm since his powers actually burn things maybe let him fire energy blasts?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    His power is based on expelling very hot energized gases. I think his name is meant to evoke the flame coming out of the back of a jet aircraft engine. Also he's a cyborg because his powers were TOO hot and he started to burn himself when he used them. Hmm since his powers actually burn things maybe let him fire energy blasts?
    He's a prime example of someone whose mutant power 'came out wrong,' 'cause he burns himself when he blasts. Some sort of genetic tinkering could fix his mutation, so that he's properly immune to his own powers, either;

like Cannonball, because he generates a force field between himself and the exothermic reaction (and if that is the case, *why* are his powers so explicitly similar to Sam's? Could he be an example of some early tinkering by Sinister or Dark Beast to copy Sam's mutation? Could he himself have some sort of unstable X-gene that latches on and attempts to replicate the powers of others, like Synch or Mimic, but, unlike them, sometimes 'gets it wrong?').

totally unlike Cannonball, and now he's got the power to create explosive fiery wind blasts willy-nilly, to propel himself through the air, or blast others, or explode over a large area, sort of like Bakugo, from My Hero Academia. He still wears a shock-absorbent costume, because while he's immune to his own blasts, which always curve away from him, and the sudden acceleration of blasting himself into the air, and can even use 'micro-explosions' to gentle his landings, not every landing is soft as a feather... (And that calls into question what sort of person he is, that the first thing he wants to use a power to *create explosions* to do is to *fly,* and is willing to *repeatedly hurt himself* to do so! He seems like an interesting person!)

For the other original Hellions, I like that Catseye seemed to have some actual superhuman abilities other than 'turns into a big cat,' like that she could walk on walls and ceilings in her cat-form. She reminded me of the cryptid known as the Mngwa, from Swahili lore, which seems to have supernatural abilities of stealth, or even to silence an area, so that nobody can hear your screams when it attacks!, which could be a fun direction to take her in, and give her, in addition to a giant lion-like form, some superhuman stealth/silence tricks, as well as perhaps the ability to shapeshift into a smaller cat, to sneak into harder-to-reach areas through air ducts and the like. It could also be neat to learn that her natural fur/hair color is gray, and that she can change it at will, and that it was her to go with a vivid purple hair-color, so that people would never suspect that gray housecat of being her spying on them...

Empath and Roulette I always thought were good as is. Beef and Bevatron, eh. Latecomers to the Hellions, I literally 'met' them in the issue they died to power up Trevor Fitzroy's portal. (Man, whatever happened to all those dudes? A few of them must have escaped and be wandering around even today!) Tarot, as much as I love the 'summoner' archetype, and comics don't have nearly enough of them, is kind of a mess, powerwise, and I have no idea what to do with her.
    Last edited by Sutekh; 05-31-2020 at 03:07 AM.

All these character need simplification before extrapolation. I had no idea Haroun was a cyborg. Not opposed to it per se, but it adds a lot of caption weight to a character that serves the narrative as a villainous foil.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    He's a prime example of someone whose mutant power 'came out wrong,' 'cause he burns himself when he blasts. Some sort of genetic tinkering could fix his mutation, so that he's properly immune to his own powers, either;

like Cannonball, because he generates a force field between himself and the exothermic reaction (and if that is the case, *why* are his powers so explicitly similar to Sam's? Could he be an example of some early tinkering by Sinister or Dark Beast to copy Sam's mutation? Could he himself have some sort of unstable X-gene that latches on and attempts to replicate the powers of others, like Synch or Mimic, but, unlike them, sometimes 'gets it wrong?').

totally unlike Cannonball, and now he's got the power to create explosive fiery wind blasts willy-nilly, to propel himself through the air, or blast others, or explode over a large area, sort of like Bakugo, from My Hero Academia. He still wears a shock-absorbent costume, because while he's immune to his own blasts, which always curve away from him, and the sudden acceleration of blasting himself into the air, and can even use 'micro-explosions' to gentle his landings, not every landing is soft as a feather... (And that calls into question what sort of person he is, that the first thing he wants to use a power to *create explosions* to do is to *fly,* and is willing to *repeatedly hurt himself* to do so! He seems like an interesting person!)
    Well, is Cannonball's power hot? I seem to remember it being explained as more a light show than heat. Jetstream's powers burn stuff. It's almost like a weirdly limited pyrokinesis. Out-of-universe, it's probably the characters were in fact meant to look similar as a lot of hero/ villain teams went with the "dark mirror" idea even if it didn't logically make sense for two teams to have paired members with similar(possibly vaguely) powers.

For the other original Hellions, I like that Catseye seemed to have some actual superhuman abilities other than 'turns into a big cat,' like that she could walk on walls and ceilings in her cat-form. She reminded me of the cryptid known as the Mngwa, from Swahili lore, which seems to have supernatural abilities of stealth, or even to silence an area, so that nobody can hear your screams when it attacks!, which could be a fun direction to take her in, and give her, in addition to a giant lion-like form, some superhuman stealth/silence tricks, as well as perhaps the ability to shapeshift into a smaller cat, to sneak into harder-to-reach areas through air ducts and the like. It could also be neat to learn that her natural fur/hair color is gray, and that she can change it at will, and that it was her to go with a vivid purple hair-color, so that people would never suspect that gray housecat of being her spying on them...
    She's actually more powerful than a lot of the other feral Mutants. Limited healing factor, wall crawling, along with the usual strength and claws. The transformation thing adds a neat twist too since she can do SMALL cats along with large ones. Obv the small cat form is more for stealth than power. She's been said to be smarter than most people and has a nearly perfect memory. It's not clear if her ability to sense lies is intuitive or an actual super power.

Empath and Roulette I always thought were good as is.
    Enh, Empath is quite powerful, not so sure about Roulette, since... probability manipulation is a weird concept in general.

Beef and Bevatron, eh. Latecomers to the Hellions, I literally 'met' them in the issue they died to power up Trevor Fitzroy's portal. (Man, whatever happened to all those dudes? A few of them must have escaped and be wandering around even today!)
    Beef is interesting in that his codename seems to be a reference to the concept of "beefing up" IE becoming more muscular, and his power seemed to be the ability to grow muscle mass at will temporarily. He was quite strong, but apparently not particularly durable for a super-strong guy.

Bevatron's electric generation is interesting as he basically turns his entire body into a capacitor before discharging that power. He doesn't manipulate things outside his body. He generates and discharges electricity. He's NOT an electrokinetic. How much power he can generate at once is a major factor in how powerful he is.
    Tarot, as much as I love the 'summoner' archetype, and comics don't have nearly enough of them, is kind of a mess, powerwise, and I have no idea what to do with her.
    Tarot is mostly a "make stuff" power where she conjures up images that are part her imagination, part inspired by images on tarot cards. Later she apparently developed the ability to transform into them instead if she chose. She also has the ability to do divinations with her tarot cards. If I was to revamp this character I'd focus on explaining HOW her powers work.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    I could see him have a very specific type of mutation where he can manipulate ionized gas and use that to fly. He could also with practice project it as eye blasts instead of hand blasts to make him different from Sam who can project his field through his hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post

Empath and Roulette I always thought were good as is. Beef and Bevatron, eh. Latecomers to the Hellions, I literally 'met' them in the issue they died to power up Trevor Fitzroy's portal. (Man, whatever happened to all those dudes? A few of them must have escaped and be wandering around even today!) Tarot, as much as I love the 'summoner' archetype, and comics don't have nearly enough of them, is kind of a mess, powerwise, and I have no idea what to do with her.
    I like the idea of making him kinda like Bakugo but with better flight/control. Same for Catseye being able to turn into different kind of cats and big cats. I wish she was back being Emma's protegé and be her go to asset for stealth missions.

Bevatron is named after a particle accelerator, so I'd give him a boost and make him be able to discharge enormous amounts of energy or turn his bio-electricity thing into the ability to accelerate sub-atomic particles to create super strong discharges. Or if they want him to still be a bio-electric type, he should be able to turn himself into a bigger emitter.

Tarot should be either a low level reality warper that needs to use images for her powers (kinda like Reader from Inhumans), or an hologram projector. I don't like her being able to see the future.
    Last edited by Veitha; 05-31-2020 at 07:47 AM.

Is Adam X fixable? Because that "I cut you, you burn" thing was always too weird.

Do we count Blob in this category? Because if nothing else, it would be cool to see an expansion of his gravity and mass shifting powers.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Is Adam X fixable? Because that "I cut you, you burn" thing was always too weird.
    I feel for Adam-X lol. If X-Man can get chance after chance....
    honestly I think his powers are pretty decent in the sense that he's not outlandishly overpowered in the vein of most 90s OCs . Maybe play around with the oxygen aspect , like he can send a limited electric pulse through the air ?

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Do we count Blob in this category? Because if nothing else, it would be cool to see an expansion of his gravity and mass shifting powers.
    I only recently found out about his gravity stuff ! too bad he's often reduced to "haha fat guy" bc it has so much potential
    I'd love to see him play his speed/agility rather than the immovable schtick all the time. I feel like seeing him careening towards you would be a lot more intimidating, especially if he can come to a full stop with an inhuman abruptness. Maybe he can even start to float and then , in a similar vein, come right back down for a KO. SO much untapped potential with this guy
    Last edited by houndsofluv; 05-31-2020 at 09:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    I feel for Adam-X lol. If X-Man can get chance after chance....
    honestly I think his powers are pretty decent in the sense that he's not outlandishly overpowered in the vein of most 90s OCs . Maybe play around with the oxygen aspect , like he can send a limited electric pulse through the air ?

I only recently found out about his gravity stuff ! too bad he's often reduced to "haha fat guy" bc it has so much potential
    I'd love to see him play his speed/agility rather than the immovable schtick all the time. I feel like seeing him careening towards you would be a lot more intimidating, especially if he can come to a full stop with an inhuman abruptness. Maybe he can even start to float and then , in a similar vein, come right back down for a KO. SO much untapped potential with this guy
    Mm electric pulse it's cool. Like a early Miles Morales thing, not full Surge. And if you're bleeding it ignites your blood and dead you are.

Blob and the gravitational thing is very cool indeed, especially if he could extend his range. Fat Gum from my hero academia has a similar power (not gravity, but the super dense fat thing) and he can also convert kinet energy from impacts into more fat.

Ultimate Member

Beef having the ability to 'beef up' and grow muscle mass (and then shed it, post battle) would be kinda neat, and create a different sort of visual, since he could be a relatively lean person when not 'beefed up' and be almost unrecognizable. (Sort of like Big Bertha, from the Great Lakes Avengers, but with muscle mass, instead of fat.)

Bevatron I almost don't want to be any different, because the X-Men don't really have a serious lightning chucker who isn't mixed up with other stuff (Surge and her super-speed, Storm and her weather control). Just a straight uncomplicated lightning chucker seems like a refreshing change. (Then again, if he were *also* an electrokinetic, and able to manipulate the flow of electricity outside of his body, making lightning dance around allies to strike foes behind cover, or draw energy out of machines causing them to fail, that could be neat, too, and certainly not something that is common among the current crop of mutants. I think Vulcan has that sort of energy-manipulation, but he's just generically got all the powers anyway, so I'm not counting him.)