Page 1 of 21 1234511 ... LastLast

Default How would you evolve the powers of less powerful mutants?

The title is pretty self explanatory. I love My Hero Academia and one thing I like about it is that some characters started with not so amazing or so powerful Quirks [powers] and with training they were able to make them stronger or evolve into something beyond their initial understanding.

For example, the Vigilantes character Koichi Haimawari started with a power that allowed him to simply slide over surfaces, but with training he was able to evolve it into a version similar to Skids powers (maybe even a little better, with long range attacks and more).

I feel like with some of the latest students introduced we hadn't gotten the chance to witness their power evolve because they have been reduced to wallpaper after some appearances. With the New Murants and Gen X mutants there was a little more development on this aspect.

So my question is: how would you allow them to strengthen their powers or discover new aspects of their powers (like Goldballs making eggs or Rockslide being a psionic entity for example) that they didn't know about BUT without adding secondary mutations or making their powers something completely different?

I'm talking about characters like Glob, Bling!, Beak, Primal, Transonic etc. who don't have them flashy powers.

Transonic's powers are already kinda flashy, what with the whole "shifting crystalline body that adapts to different situations". She's turned into a sky mermaid or grown wings or melted into a bullet

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Transonic's powers are already kinda flashy, what with the whole "shifting crystalline body that adapts to different situations". She's turned into a sky mermaid or grown wings or melted into a bullet
    Yeah, but that only happens when she flies, doesn't it? Like she's not an universal adapter like Darwin but it's just for flight situations.

I guess I'm going to add the question about "how else could they use their powers to make them stronger", because I feel like Transonic could do something cool with her adaptation. Like gain momentum and turn into something like the Breakworld bullet and wreck opponents.

Glob’s easy. He’s an Elemental Transmorph who’s stuck mid-transformation. With some practice, he’d be able to turn his skeleton and sense organs into paraffin too, natural material like soil, vegetation and stone to add to his paraffin mass, and eventually transform his wax form into his original human physiology.

I'd give Glob wax-y translucent shapeshifting but limit it to Dinosaurs, also he can't change his mass so they all look like fat babies.

I'd give Glob wax-y translucent shapeshifting but limit it to Dinosaurs, also he can't change his mass so they all look like fat babies.
    I'd give Bling! some shapeshifting. Like let her grow diamond spikes, blades and such since she can spit it out as projectiles.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Glob’s easy. He’s an Elemental Transmorph who’s stuck mid-transformation. With some practice, he’d be able to turn his skeleton and sense organs into paraffin too, natural material like soil, vegetation and stone to add to his paraffin mass, and eventually transform his wax form into his original human physiology.
    Oh that's cool. I'd also play with the fire part of his powers, since it looks like he can burn indefinitely without harm and that could be a nice weapon if he brought some matches with him.

I’m down. Sounds amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    I'd give Bling! some shapeshifting. Like let her grow diamond spikes, blades and such since she can spit it out as projectiles.
    I'd play with the fact that Bling! grows her crystals out of herself, it's borderline organic. Emplate kidnapped her because her bone marrow was crystalline and replenished itself. So she could shoot some crystals, and they could continue growing outside of her. They could sprout like seeds into pillars or walls

Oh that's cool. I'd also play with the fire part of his powers, since it looks like he can burn indefinitely without harm and that could be a nice weapon if he brought some matches with him.
    He runs out of wax eventually so he probably has a time limit on how long he can be on fire

Mighty Member

Tag- I could see his powers as moving to localized reality manipulation. Similar to Twilight from X Men 2099, Tag abilities would be classified psionic localized reality manipulation. He would temporarily be able to manipulate reality through psionic commands in small undisclosed areas but the larger the field the harder it is for him to control reality. His abilities would work easier on people than inanimate objects.

Anole- Lizard forms can evolve and adjust. Can increase size/increase mass, change appearance, possess all the abilities that lizards can have in nature.

Trance- Psionic Energy Form- Trance abilities would change to her being able to convert her body into Psi energy and that form would work like her astral projection form did but more substantial. Energy form: speak via telepathy, flight, fire blasts of psi/bio electrical energy, view energy fields (perhaps manipulation), teleportation via the astral plane. Human form: low level telepathic communication, sensor abilities ( view energy fields, etc), psionic /bio electrical energy blasts

I would love for someone to fix Jet streams powers. I hope he is no longer a cannonball light who is half cyborg. Hope he was reborn with out the parts with his powers fixed by Sage.

Artie. When people think of him, they tend to only thing he can do is project visual images of his thoughts but originally he was able to lock his mind with others and paralyze them. Id expand this. Give him the ability to connect to multiple minds to paralyze multiple people at once as well as shut down their senses. This might have varying effects on people depending on their own resistance. Like with Wolverine, he might be able to shut down his ability to smell, which would limit his tracking sense. It might make someone else temporarily blind or deaf. With most though, it would immobilize them and/or interfere with their ability to use their powers

Fantastic Member

I think the problem is there are too many redundant characters with the same or very similar powersets. Given the current status there on Krakoa with tge resurrection protocols and the wills...I think something could be done along those lines. Possibly have someone enact the wills but merge characters so that we have more rounded and powerful abilities. I would do this also with villains too.

Additionally having characters like Sage and even Fabian Cortez back along with someone like Sabra could serve to heighten the powers of some mutants and make them even more refined.

Lastly it might be an idea that we know what the Krakoan flowers supposedly do for humans. Could they possibly have a different effect on mutants? Is there another kind of Krakoan flower for mutants?
    Last edited by GodfatherIV; 05-07-2020 at 03:42 PM.

Um. So this might technically be cheating depending on how flashy you think Match’s powers are. But I always wanted him to experiment with different heat temperatures. Like him going all out and turning blue. Or he could even have different colors for different powers (ie purple = poison, black = darkforce).
    Last edited by Tycon; 05-07-2020 at 03:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Paleo_Rage View Post
    Anole- Lizard forms can evolve and adjust. Can increase size/increase mass, change appearance, possess all the abilities that lizards can have in nature.
    Anole's already got powerful regeneration abilities, and he presumably gets stronger every time. And chameleons shed their skin right? So I'd have him do what Husk does and rip his own skin off to make himself (temporarily) tougher. Instant exo-armor, and depending on the adrenaline running through him he could grow spikes for emphasis.

BANNED

Martha gets kenji's powers, becomes a tecnho organic Mindflayer looking teen girl that crafts machinery and upgrades into her body, and slowly crafts extra brains to empower her psychic abilities.
    She looks like this but nice and wholesom, her brain out like the blackbrain telepath and pink skin to keep her color scheme intact, and some tentacles around her face

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    I was hoping for that before she started dating Mercury. Now it just feels too on-the-nose :/.

Was thinking maybe she could store energy in her crystals and release them like bombs. Give her both physical and energy projectile powers and is a nod to her days as a Gambit pupil.