Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    I feel for Adam-X lol. If X-Man can get chance after chance....
    honestly I think his powers are pretty decent in the sense that he's not outlandishly overpowered in the vein of most 90s OCs . Maybe play around with the oxygen aspect , like he can send a limited electric pulse through the air ?

I only recently found out about his gravity stuff ! too bad he's often reduced to "haha fat guy" bc it has so much potential
    I'd love to see him play his speed/agility rather than the immovable schtick all the time. I feel like seeing him careening towards you would be a lot more intimidating, especially if he can come to a full stop with an inhuman abruptness. Maybe he can even start to float and then , in a similar vein, come right back down for a KO. SO much untapped potential with this guy
    Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Mm electric pulse it's cool. Like a early Miles Morales thing, not full Surge. And if you're bleeding it ignites your blood and dead you are.

Blob and the gravitational thing is very cool indeed, especially if he could extend his range. Fat Gum from my hero academia has a similar power (not gravity, but the super dense fat thing) and he can also convert kinet energy from impacts into more fat.
    Gravity and density manipulation along with the stretching aspects of his power from his mass manipulation on top of his super strength would actually make Blob a pretty serious contender against teams.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Honestly Adam X didn’t need to be a mutant. His power was the lamest bit of his design, and that includes the backwards ballcap.
    Last edited by CRaymond; 05-31-2020 at 03:31 PM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Honestly Adam X didn’t need to be a mutant. His power was the lamest bit of his design, and that includes the backwards ballcap.
    Lol agreed.
    I just think certain characters meed to be forgotten. Cant salvage everyone

Is Adam X fixable? Because that "I cut you, you burn" thing was always too weird.
    He kinda has multiple powers already. IIRC he's a low-tier speedster with moderately enhanced strength? *looks it up* Ah, all his physical abilities are due to being part Shi'ar(D'Ken Neramani's son). If I was to tweak his powers it'd be to make the on-fire part not as literal. As-is his powers don't need to be deadly, but apparently they do involve actual burning. But yeah tweaking the power is weird. It's actually really strong in that he can incinerate people from the inside out. But super-limited since he's unable to affect you until you've been cut with something.

But speaking of Adam-X... how about his girlfriend Neurotap? "Neurokinesis".... Basically she can paralyze you by looking at you. possibly permanently.... But a bunch of other lesser things, like temporarily shutting off your eyes.... It's one of those flexible, but highly focused powers.
    I don't like Tarot being able to see the future.
    Apparently she can read anything, such as using her cards to divine the PAST. Not sure how detailed her readings are though.

"Is Captain America at Avengers mansion?"

"The knight is in the tower."

"Is that a yes or no?"

"Probably."

hahahah

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    But speaking of Adam-X... how about his girlfriend Neurotap? "Neurokinesis".... Basically she can paralyze you by looking at you. possibly permanently.... But a bunch of other lesser things, like temporarily shutting off your eyes.... It's one of those flexible, but highly focused powers.
    ngl that pretty badass . I'd be down to see her on Krakoa .

Apparently she can read anything, such as using her cards to divine the PAST. Not sure how detailed her readings are though.

"Is Captain America at Avengers mansion?"

"The knight is in the tower."

"Is that a yes or no?"

"Probably."

hahahah
    I really like the idea of precognition based on symbols and mental associations instead of just visions playing straight like a scene off the TV. It adds some dynamism and sets her apart from the Blindfolds and Destinys .

But she might need something to beef it up, otherwise she's basically useless when you have a Blindfold or Destiny on hand.. maybe give her the ability see the past/future of an object/person/etc. , still thru symbols/associations, when she comes into physical contact with it ? kind of like a bloodhound I guess. That would be kill for "mystery" based plots
    Last edited by houndsofluv; 05-31-2020 at 07:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GodfatherIV View Post
    Lol agreed.
    I just think certain characters meed to be forgotten. Can't salvage everyone
    Hehe, how many characters are in the 616 Acolytes team? Some of them are counted among the most powerful mutants to have ever lived(Exodus, Magneto, Colossus, Voght). But some barely even had powers. Seriously, BEHOLD!!!!

Amelia Voght, Anne-Marie Cortez, Barnacle, Chrome, Colossus, Fabian Cortez, Decay, Delgado, Eric Kleinstock, Exodus, Harlan Kleinstock, Sven Kleinstock, Gargouille, Javitz, Joanna Cargill, Joseph, Kamal, Katu, Magneto, Mellencamp, Milan, Nance Winters, Neophyte, Omega Sentinel, Orator, Polaris, Projector, Random, Rakkus, Rem-Ram, Rusty Collins, Scanner, Senyaka, Skids, Spoor, Static, Tempo, Unuscione, Vindaloo

39 Members! Well one of them is a "mutant" Sentinel(not really a Mutant, more of a Human cyborg), and another is a mind-controlled SHIELD agent(Nance Winters, probably not a Mutant), also Joseph is a clone of Magneto. So more like 36. Then you have the Kleinstock triplets whose gimmick is being able to merge into a single entity. so more like 34.... still a huge number of guys to have on a single super team.

A lot of them have effective enough powers... then you have the Acolytes who rarely fought. You could make a sub-list of Acolytes who are bricks(their powers were at least somewhat different from each other though). Sure they're strong enough and tough enough to take on guys like Ben Grimm or Colossus and even if not an equal in power at least make it a fight. But also you had some weird ones.

Decay: his power was literally causing his body to eat itself alive. He had to siphon the life out of this or DIE. This of course could include people.
    Katu Kath: technically an energy manipulator, his powers create a hole in the natural electromagnetic field of the planet. He can expel this power he's absorbed for an attack. yeah his powers are VERY disruptive and need regulation to be safe to have electronics around him.
    Barnacle: did this hardened crust thing and could fling it, but not really all that much of a power.
    Orator: can broadcast emotions and that's it...
    Neophyte, phasing variant that also lets him hide inside things, and also others, as he's been seen phasing his team mates.
    Rakkus: does this guy even have a body of his own or does he have to live like a symbiote infecting others?
    Scanner: in a stand up fight she's actually rather weak. All she can do to harm others is a bio-electric scrambling effect that often doesn't do much. Against Astral forms though? yes... she can see and attack astral projections just as easily as physical bodies. She can turn herself into an energy form to move through the astral plane too.
    Spoor: had a pheromone based power to enrage people, and could force enemies to fight each other with it. also seemed to have some level of superhuman strength and stuff.
    Static: she can fire energy beams that paralyze people and that's about it really.

Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    I really like the idea of precognition based on symbols and mental associations instead of just visions playing straight like a scene off the TV. It adds some dynamism and sets her apart from the Blindfolds and Destinys .

But she might need something to beef it up, otherwise she's basically useless when you have a Blindfold or Destiny on hand.. maybe give her the ability see the past/future of an object/person/etc. , still thru symbols/associations, when she comes into physical contact with it ? kind of like a bloodhound I guess. That would be kill for "mystery" based plots
    Yeah a virtual sort of psionic Tarot deck instead of a real one seems like a good idea. Letting the vagueness of her reading results act as the main limiting factor seems adequate to me

Mighty Member

Hehe, how many characters are in the 616 Acolytes team? Some of them are counted among the most powerful mutants to have ever lived(Exodus, Magneto, Colossus, Voght). But some barely even had powers. Seriously, BEHOLD!!!!

Amelia Voght, Anne-Marie Cortez, Barnacle, Chrome, Colossus, Fabian Cortez, Decay, Delgado, Eric Kleinstock, Exodus, Harlan Kleinstock, Sven Kleinstock, Gargouille, Javitz, Joanna Cargill, Joseph, Kamal, Katu, Magneto, Mellencamp, Milan, Nance Winters, Neophyte, Omega Sentinel, Orator, Polaris, Projector, Random, Rakkus, Rem-Ram, Rusty Collins, Scanner, Senyaka, Skids, Spoor, Static, Tempo, Unuscione, Vindaloo

39 Members! Well one of them is a "mutant" Sentinel(not really a Mutant, more of a Human cyborg), and another is a mind-controlled SHIELD agent(Nance Winters, probably not a Mutant), also Joseph is a clone of Magneto. So more like 36. Then you have the Kleinstock triplets whose gimmick is being able to merge into a single entity. so more like 34.... still a huge number of guys to have on a single super team.

A lot of them have effective enough powers... then you have the Acolytes who rarely fought. You could make a sub-list of Acolytes who are bricks(their powers were at least somewhat different from each other though). Sure they're strong enough and tough enough to take on guys like Ben Grimm or Colossus and even if not an equal in power at least make it a fight. But also you had some weird ones.

Decay: his power was literally causing his body to eat itself alive. He had to siphon the life out of this or DIE. This of course could include people.
    Katu Kath: technically an energy manipulator, his powers create a hole in the natural electromagnetic field of the planet. He can expel this power he's absorbed for an attack. yeah his powers are VERY disruptive and need regulation to be safe to have electronics around him.
    Barnacle: did this hardened crust thing and could fling it, but not really all that much of a power.
    Orator: can broadcast emotions and that's it...
    Neophyte, phasing variant that also lets him hide inside things, and also others, as he's been seen phasing his team mates.
    Rakkus: does this guy even have a body of his own or does he have to live like a symbiote infecting others?
    Scanner: in a stand up fight she's actually rather weak. All she can do to harm others is a bio-electric scrambling effect that often doesn't do much. Against Astral forms though? yes... she can see and attack astral projections just as easily as physical bodies. She can turn herself into an energy form to move through the astral plane too.
    Spoor: had a pheromone based power to enrage people, and could force enemies to fight each other with it. also seemed to have some level of superhuman strength and stuff.
    Static: she can fire energy beams that paralyze people and that's about it really.
    I mean outside of the heavy weights Magneto and Exodus

Frenzy, Unuscione, Voght all have great powers.. they are def mid to upper level alphas .. I hiope Carmella keeps her mothervine upgrades..

Cortez powers are also fairly powerful if not exactly combat centric as well as Milan's. I like support abilities on teams.

Chrome def is a powerhouse and needs to be explored, we dont have a lot of transmutation abilities, Tempo is powerful, The Kleinstock bros powers seem ok, not flashy but solid, Projector is our very own green lantern and to me is more powerful than a few key x men.,
    Gargouille gives me Nightcrawler and beast level mutation, interesting design to say the least.. Skids is powerful but outside of a new name she does need something to set her apparent from other force field folks,

Ultimate Member

I'd love to see more of Joanna Cargill and Unuscione and Chrome most of all, but, to a lesser extent, Scanner, Milan, Projecteur and Gargouille. Maybe one of Delgado or Javitz, but, uh, I can't tell them apart.

And Tempo, but I consider her a Mutant Liberation Front staple, and not an Acolyte.

But few, if any of them, need any sort of power buff. Most are already as good, powerwise, as a starting (non Omega!) X-Man.

Given the nature of Krakoa, I'm surprise that Magneto hasn't reconnected with some of his former Acolytes. Or Exodus, for that matter. I wonder how said former Acolytes feel about those two, actually. I'd feel a trifle abandoned and resentful (not that any of the former Acolytes really have the power to do anything other than be pissy about it, since Exodus has all the powers, and Magneto is, well, Magneto)...

Quote Originally Posted by Paleo_Rage View Post
    I mean outside of the heavy weights Magneto and Exodus

Frenzy, Unuscione, Voght all have great powers.. they are def mid to upper level alphas..
    Yeah I skipped most of the mid-tier characters because I felt they're fine, even if some of them are boring. I only did 9 of 34 Acolytes
    I hiope Carmella keeps her mothervine upgrades..
    those are interesting, but they nearly killed her when they manifested. If she can control them they're fine.
    Cortez powers are also fairly powerful if not exactly combat centric as well as Milan's. I like support abilities on teams.
    Anne-Marie or Fabian Cortez? Anne has some interesting powers, and didn't stick to support roles. She wielded a variety of large firearms to function in combat. Her powers let her do a psychic ninja routine that is... subtle and not obvious. IE she empathically senses someone is about to fire at her and dodges the shot with her enhanced agility. She also could mind control people but we never saw HOW that worked, just that it did.

Milan.... I really wish I could have seen him play with a Sentinel like it's a remote controlled toy 'cause that's part of his power, making machines dance like puppets under his control.
    Chrome def is a powerhouse and needs to be explored, we dont have a lot of transmutation abilities, Tempo is powerful, The Kleinstock bros powers seem ok, not flashy but solid, Projector is our very own green lantern and to me is more powerful than a few key x men.,
    Gargouille gives me Nightcrawler and beast level mutation, interesting design to say the least.. Skids is powerful but outside of a new name she does need something to set her apparent from other force field folks,
    Well Skids has a power that is reflexive and automatically protects her from harm even if she doesn't think about it. Also she can use it to skid across surfaces at high speeds.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I'd love to see more of Joanna Cargill and Unuscione and Chrome most of all, but, to a lesser extent, Scanner, Milan, Projecteur and Gargouille. Maybe one of Delgado or Javitz, but, uh, I can't tell them apart.
    Javitz is 9 feet tall and doesn't have the ability to change size. Delgado can bulk up to some extent, and is usually around 6-7 feet tall. Also apparently Chrome can transmute Delgado's flesh into metals... This is NOT something Chrome does to most people, since it'd seemingly KILL a normal person.

And Tempo, but I consider her a Mutant Liberation Front staple, and not an Acolyte.
    There's a LOT of Acolytes who've been on other super teams. Cargill's first super-team was working for Apocalypse. But there's also several Acolytes who got killed or something a few issues after they were introduced, like Chrome.

But few, if any of them, need any sort of power buff. Most are already as good, powerwise, as a starting (non Omega!) X-Man.
    this is why I only did write-ups for 9 of them

Given the nature of Krakoa, I'm surprise that Magneto hasn't reconnected with some of his former Acolytes. Or Exodus, for that matter. I wonder how said former Acolytes feel about those two, actually. I'd feel a trifle abandoned and resentful (not that any of the former Acolytes really have the power to do anything other than be pissy about it, since Exodus has all the powers, and Magneto is, well, Magneto)...
    Magneto recently made a new version of the Brotherhood, which has Unuscione as a member along with Elixir, Exodus, Marrow, Briar Raleigh, and Toad. But that version got absorbed into Krakoa already.(Briar is a Human cyborg who is the Hellfire Club Black Bishop)

As far as Skids, I'd use him as an inspiration for her https://bokunoheroacademia.fandom.co...lide_and_Glide . He has the same powers (almost) but he's developed them in a fun way (wall-crawling, repulsive force projectiles, super speed, floating etc.).
    Last edited by Veitha; 06-01-2020 at 12:26 AM.

Mighty Member

Yeah I skipped most of the mid-tier characters because I felt they're fine, even if some of them are boring. I only did 9 of 34 Acolytesthose are interesting, but they nearly killed her when they manifested. If she can control them they're fine.Anne-Marie or Fabian Cortez? Anne has some interesting powers, and didn't stick to support roles. She wielded a variety of large firearms to function in combat. Her powers let her do a psychic ninja routine that is... subtle and not obvious. IE she empathically senses someone is about to fire at her and dodges the shot with her enhanced agility. She also could mind control people but we never saw HOW that worked, just that it did.

Milan.... I really wish I could have seen him play with a Sentinel like it's a remote controlled toy 'cause that's part of his power, making machines dance like puppets under his control.Well Skids has a power that is reflexive and automatically protects her from harm even if she doesn't think about it. Also she can use it to skid across surfaces at high speeds.
    Just Fabian aka the Mutant Fabio.. Ann Maire dindt last long enough for me to care about her... Fabian in my head cannon is queer with a bone to pick. He is a big ass bully. His powers however are interesting as they have a negative side effect that many other power manipulators dont have.. I would have liked to see him on Hellions.He could have been our newest problematic gay mutant lol. As it seems all of them are a mess sans Iceman and Northstar Milan def should be apart of the tech crew with Forge, Sage, Trinary, Hijack, etc
    Neophyte is def an interesting phaser that's quite different from Kitty or shinboi.. I always wanted him joining Gen x as a kid. One thing Gen X did not do well as add new mutants after the official class. Bolt, Primal, Torres should have gotten more chances to be on the team.. Gaia was so trash and a waste. I would have brought Blink back eventually too. after seeing her AOA popularity that should have been an arc.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post

Poor Tempo.. they really teased her joining X force only to back out at the last minute.. Same goes with Neurotap.. Two interesting Black female mutants who really would have added to the team. I am curious with all of the time manipulators we have on the island but none of them are omegas if Hickman is gonna spend time unpacking the limitations of their abilities.

The Poster FKA Firebaton ThomBoleyn's Avatar

Going back to Karma, I think in the late 90s early 00s they were slowly building up her power to be a little more of a full telepath, but still focus on possession. She had some regular telepathy events in the New Mutants limited series Truth or Dare and in the Beast miniseries as well (she also showed off some combat skill in that mini as well). Even Brubaker had her able to feel someone's fear, I think, in an issue. And in Astonishing Xmen after Schism she was able to use animals as spies with her powers.

I think it is just writer interest.
    I don't post often, but I like to chime in now and again.