Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 165 of 304
  1. #151
    Astonishing Member marhawkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    3,200

    Default

    Also that Mothervine thing could be used as an in-universe mechanism to give people new powers. It did in fact enhance the powers of Wildside. Also... I don't care how many times babby Wolverine stabbed her. Claudine Renko is 99% certain to be not dead. So... since Claudine knows how to make Mothervine…. she could do that in a more controlled method than literally BOMBING CITIES with it.... seriously... Claudine, Emma and Bastion working together.... yikes.

  2. #152

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Dragoness with no wings is a bit weird.

    Also, while trying to look up who wrote that issue... I realized that THIS:

    is how Dragoness looked after moving to Krakoa. Um.... that's the same wing design as HoM…. also she's not wearing a backpack.
    The tattoo is new

  3. #153
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    114

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    In Spurrier's X-Force her power evolved and she could kind do this kind of things (shields, tendrils etc.). But if she had a little bit more control to make her construct more precise it'd be cool.
    I wanted to reflect on her 3 previous upgrades (X-men, Weapon X and X-force) a bit, but cut that part to not make the post longer than it allready was. I do however mention X-force in relation to the attack tendrils.

    Spurrier essentialy seems to have taken what she could do in Marvel vs. Capcom 2 and just rolled with it.
    However it's a bit questionable how in canon this portrayal of her powers is, since the events of the series as a whole have not been referenced or mentioned again and might easily be considered "self contained".

    The fact that she is allowed on Krakoa as mutant would actualy mean she got her X-gene back, which wasn't the case in X-force since there she was essentialy a mutate, with the morituri process just filling the empty space her missing x-gene left (mentioned by one of scientist in a flashback scene).

    Actualy it seems each of her reapperances comes with some unanswered questions.
    Like what happend to her in the 6-month gap of Claremont's "Revolution"? Why was she only invited to Krakoa with Apocalypse and co. when previously she was part of Magneto's Brotherhood and Emma Frost's Hellfire Club respectively? Where was Emma's fashion sense when she put her in that Hellfire Club outfit, rather than a stylish suit with sleeveless vest? To name a few (the last is meant in jest).

    However getting back to her powers.
    The idea of her "bones" possibly not being really that, which i described as "bio-synthetic compound", is actualy based on her first "upgrade" she got during her brief time as X-men. While it seems to have been more designed to make her prettier to draw, rather than make her a better fighter, it did made her growths display traits not really fitting just bones anymore (including visualy).
    For example having her whole hands covered in what looks like clawed bone gloves, yet being able to bend her fingers without problem or visible joints. Which again seems to indicate a combination of soft and hardness not fitting bone or even metal, but something unique to what her powers produce.
    It's also why i had to think of Eijiro and Tetutetsu from MHA. Since they too can still move (with a certain stiffness) naturaly despite their bodies hardening to metalic or crystaline states.

    Hence considering the next visual evolution of her powers to go beyond just shaping hardended growths, since that's still what she did even in X-force and actualy making them malleable to both degrees.
    Or at least making that possibility for her powers official.
    Last edited by Grunty; 05-23-2020 at 06:23 PM.

  4. #154
    Astonishing Member marhawkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    3,200

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    The tattoo is new
    I just realized something... Int eh comics where Dragoness is talking to or fighting with Hope and Hope's junior xmen squad... she looks like this but with a green bodysuit. did the comic book writers quietly decide to ditch the mechanical wings in favor of organic ones?

  5. #155
    Astonishing Member Veitha's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,163

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    I wanted to reflect on her 3 previous upgrades (X-men, Weapon X and X-force) a bit, but cut that part to not make the post longer than it allready was. I do however mention X-force in relation to the attack tendrils.

    Spurrier essentialy seems to have taken what she could do in Marvel vs. Capcom 2 and just rolled with it.
    However it's a bit questionable how in canon this portrayal of her powers is, since the events of the series as a whole have not been referenced or mentioned again and might easily be considered "self contained".

    The fact that she is allowed on Krakoa as mutant would actualy mean she got her X-gene back, which wasn't the case in X-force since there she was essentialy a mutate, with the morituri process just filling the empty space her missing x-gene left (mentioned by one of scientist in a flashback scene).

    Actualy it seems each of her reapperances comes with some unanswered questions.
    Like what happend to her in the 6-month gap of Claremont's "Revolution"? Why was she only invited to Krakoa with Apocalypse and co. when previously she was part of Magneto's Brotherhood and Emma Frost's Hellfire Club respectively? Where was Emma's fashion sense when she put her in that Hellfire Club outfit, rather than a stylish suit with sleeveless vest? To name a few (the last is meant in jest).

    However getting back to her powers.
    The idea of her "bones" possibly not being really that, which i described as "bio-synthetic compound", is actualy based on her first "upgrade" she got during her brief time as X-men. While it seems to have been more designed to make her prettier to draw, rather than make her a better fighter, it did made her growths display traits not really fitting just bones anymore (including visualy).
    For example having her whole hands covered in what looks like clawed bone gloves, yet being able to bend her fingers without problem or visible joints. Which again seems to indicate a combination of soft and hardness not fitting bone or even metal, but something unique to what her powers produce.
    It's also why i had to think of Eijiro and Tetutetsu from MHA. Since they too can still move (with a certain stiffness) naturaly despite their bodies hardening to metalic or crystaline states.

    Hence considering the next visual evolution of her powers to go beyond just shaping hardended growths, since that's still what she did even in X-force and actualy making them malleable to both degrees.
    Or at least making that possibility for her powers official.
    I kind of like the idea that it's straight up her bones that she's using and it could be painful to her, but I would like to see her being able to alter density and such like you said. Since bones come with different properties/structure/density she should be able to tap into that and do different stuff with it. That would be pretty cool and make her more than throw bone daggers. She could fit in Hellions btw since after X-Force she was hurt both emotionally and mentally and she could have a big feud with Scalphunter.

  6. #156
    Astonishing Member marhawkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    3,200

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    I kind of like the idea that it's straight up her bones that she's using and it could be painful to her, but I would like to see her being able to alter density and such like you said. Since bones come with different properties/structure/density she should be able to tap into that and do different stuff with it. That would be pretty cool and make her more than throw bone daggers. She could fit in Hellions btw since after X-Force she was hurt both emotionally and mentally and she could have a big feud with Scalphunter.
    They've mentioned in several comics that Marrow has super hard bones. ALL of her bones, not just the ones she stabs people with. It doesn't let her change it, but it's pretty hefty as-is.

  7. #157

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    I just realized something... Int eh comics where Dragoness is talking to or fighting with Hope and Hope's junior xmen squad... she looks like this but with a green bodysuit. did the comic book writers quietly decide to ditch the mechanical wings in favor of organic ones?
    She’s obscure enough that the artist didn’t question whether the wings were natural or artificial.

  8. #158
    Mighty Member houndsofluv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    1,533

    Default

    I kind of hope It actually means something. like she put dragon wings in her will like Scott was mentioning in the crucible issue. it would be a cool layer to her. but my heart of hearts knows this to be wishful thinking

  9. #159
    Astonishing Member Veitha's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,163

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    I kind of hope It actually means something. like she put dragon wings in her will like Scott was mentioning in the crucible issue. it would be a cool layer to her. but my heart of hearts knows this to be wishful thinking
    I was also thinking that she'd definitely put dragon wings in her will. It'd be very cute to use her if they want to showcase the wills system.

  10. #160
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,329

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    She’s obscure enough that the artist didn’t question whether the wings were natural or artificial.
    Yeah, that's my thought as well. Nobody can be bothered to keep (or read) a story bible or Marvel Handbook-like resource these days. (Or check the internet or a wiki, for that matter). So one day she's a redhead with organic wings, the next she's a brunette with a scaly battlesuit with tech-wings.

  11. #161

    Default

    I personally think that she should keep the wings. It's hard to tell that she's a mutant, otherwise. There are already plenty of bioelectricity projectors.

  12. #162
    Astonishing Member Beetle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,171

    Default

    How would you evolve Karma? She's powerful, but with the prevalence of psi-blockers, power dampeners and robotic enemies she's often left defenseless.

  13. #163
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    200

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    How would you evolve Karma? She's powerful, but with the prevalence of psi-blockers, power dampeners and robotic enemies she's often left defenseless.
    Either they give her a weapon or give her a secondary mutation that would be more useful in the battle field. I wish they would utilize her power for espionage. In Excalibur’s Days of Future Present storyline, she was able to partial possession where she can tag along with someone without fully taking over their essences. I wish they’d give her a blade, a dagger or some sort of firepower to keep her useful in the field. Some kinetic weapons like Psylocke might be worth exploring. Otherwise, she is doomed to be the caretaker/librarian always left behind to look after the kids.

  14. #164
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    1,021

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    How would you evolve Karma? She's powerful, but with the prevalence of psi-blockers, power dampeners and robotic enemies she's often left defenseless.
    I would give her a very singular focused psychokinetic battering ram ability where she can project bursts of psychokinetic energy as bolts, battering rams, etc as an offensive tactic. I know that there seemed to be a different between being a telekinetic and psychokinetic abilities. Or I would give her a secondary mutation with the ability to be a psionic energy battery where she could use that energy to to increase her strength, speed, durability.

  15. #165

    Default

    No mutant should be defenseless without their powers. Just learn how to fight like any other person. They are already naturally athletic. I would have her become a serious jiu jitsu practitioner because of the prevalence of mental walls. And, like Mesmero, I would give her enough control to be a silent passenger in someone’s mind. By that I mean they would have no clue that she already has a hold on them until she actively needs to direct their actions. And it would not have a range limit. I don’t think it makes sense to give her a force attack. Doesn’t fit her personality. And if I had my way, she’d still have pink hair and both legs. It’s ridiculous to remove someone’s limbs to make them more interesting. Wasn’t making her obese harmful enough?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •