Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I like the notion that Aero's 'flight aura' created a zone of psionically charged air particles around her that responded to thought, primarily, her own, but, with training, others, too, so she could touch someone, and, for a short time thereafter, a bubble of 'psychoactive' air would surround you and lift you from the ground and move you around, responding to her mental command, or, if she allows it, *to yours.* She'd basically give people really short term flight powers. She could keep control, as her mental commands totally override any but the most willful recipients, or let them take the reins, depending on the situation. (She'd keep control to 'fly' an unconscious person down from a high place, for instance, but might let a friend have control as he flies with her, and keep him close enough to recharge the air, and allow him to keep flying as long as he stays close enough to her, or swings by to 'refuel' periodically. I'd be okay with the duration being like Rogue's, 1 second of touch equals 60 seconds of flight before the charged air runs out, with a maximum practical limit of her holding someone's hand for a minute and giving them the power to fly for an hour.)

The development of this power would come with other effects from the air, like being able to maintain the bubble even under attempted infiltration from poison gas, or underwater! And then, she'd experiment with Crosta perhaps, and learn that she can psionically charge *water* as well, and allow herself to swim at incredible speed, like a human torpedo, and even to *breathe* the charged water (and keep it agitated and warm in the chilly deep, and the water pressure around her comfortable for surface dwellers!), opening up a whole new aspect to her powers, and a whole new world to explore. And once she expands this development to others, she can bring her friends with her, again, by surrounding them with these sheaths of psionically-charged water, allowing them to adventure under the sea with her in their own life-support/mobility bubbles.

All just building off of the words 'flight aura' and extrapolating from the psionic-based powers common among mutantkind. Nothing crazy like Gabriel Summers mutant power to do pretty much anything, but still more flexible than 'has a big chicken beak.'

There's a lot I like about that sort of stuff. I particularly like your ideas about Hindsight, since combat uses of pre or post-cognition are super-fun.

'Hey, here's Hawkeye's old bow, and now I vividly remember every move he's ever made with it, and I'm like Taskmaster, if he was *awesome.*'

'I held my sister's hand through the thirty hour birth of my nephew, and psychically shared some of the trauma of that. Here it is, all for you, all thirty hours of labor compressed into thirty seconds, just for you Mr. Manly Villain. Now who's 'screaming like a girl, huh?''
    I like all of these ideas Aero being able to psionically affect air in her proximity would be very cool. She could even make gusts of wind while flying at high speed by moving the air the right way, and giving other people limited flight could make for a great power in rescue missions.

And I'd die if they gave Hindsight this kind of power. He'd be an amazing short-distance fighter.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    We've got Stacy X for the monster, scaly, toxic girl with pheromone powers. But Wallflower could maybe become Poison Ivy-ish? Let her pheromones/chemicals be Plant based maybe.
    tbh i was think more bug + plants so the most obvious answer is bee's

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    tbh i was think more bug + plants so the most obvious answer is bee's
    Bees would be cool since they do use pheromones a lot. Since our other Bee mutant is a Nazi, she coudl take his spot and let him be forgotten.

BANNED

Bees would be cool since they do use pheromones a lot. Since our other Bee mutant is a Nazi, she coudl take his spot and let him be forgotten.
    her hair could steal crystals gig and ger a cool bee patern

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    her hair could steal crystals gig and ger a cool bee patern
    Oooh that's a nice idea. Probably we'll never see these Academy X kids tho :/

Add tech, weapons, . Hell, Forge can just invent it per user to enhance their powers.

Take Jubilee for example.... she became Wondra after losing her mutant powers. It is kinda dumb she no longer uses that tech/weaponry.

Erg could use Mimic's old visor.

Beak could use Blue Eagle's wings if he's retired.

Glob could get armor that utilizes an inhibitor that can return him to human form.

No Girl could be resurrected.

Ernst could get "Masque-tic surgery"

Poltergeist and Link could steal Brothers Grimm costumes.

Siryn could get a Songbird type carapace to enhance her hypnotic/illusion powers as seen way back in her first appearance.

Dazzler could channel her light into fiber optic blasters.

El Aguila could get repowered and use any metal as a conductor.

Angel cold get a jet pack like Stratos from MOTU.

Mighty Member

I find it super interesting that people brought up Wallflower as I always thought of her being quite powerful. Her abilities effect telepaths and outside of wind dancer's winds pushing her pheromones away and not affecting people like mercury what are other limitations to her abilities?

However, I see a few directions her powers could go and I see it more about her powers and less as an evolution of them. I would like her to be able to see biochemical reactions, to be able to manipulate her biochemistry and the biochemistry of others to fight back at telepahic and empathic assaults for example.Her range should be extended to sight and then extended to being able to sense biochemical systems and impact them from a distance. I also think she should be able to temporarily increase her strength, speed, and healing abilities etc. to help her fight when she cannot manipulate someone. Perhaps if we really pushed her abilities and made them different than her father's she would be a biochemical manipulator and just had her default setting on emotions etc.

As far as her look, maybe make sure she has a distinct power signature so that she doesn't get confused with the other blonds

I'm FINE with noncombat mutants learning self-defense and first aid. Not everyone on Krakoa needs to be on a fight squad.

Quote Originally Posted by Paleo_Rage View Post
    I find it super interesting that people brought up Wallflower as I always thought of her being quite powerful. Her abilities effect telepaths and outside of wind dancer's winds pushing her pheromones away and not affecting people like mercury what are other limitations to her abilities?

However, I see a few directions her powers could go and I see it more about her powers and less as an evolution of them. I would like her to be able to see biochemical reactions, to be able to manipulate her biochemistry and the biochemistry of others to fight back at telepahic and empathic assaults for example.Her range should be extended to sight and then extended to being able to sense biochemical systems and impact them from a distance. I also think she should be able to temporarily increase her strength, speed, and healing abilities etc. to help her fight when she cannot manipulate someone. Perhaps if we really pushed her abilities and made them different than her father's she would be a biochemical manipulator and just had her default setting on emotions etc.

As far as her look, maybe make sure she has a distinct power signature so that she doesn't get confused with the other blonds
    The insect look/mutation could be cool because insects do play a lot with pheromones and biochemical signals. And Stacy X does a lot of fine biological control with her powers, so Wallflower could do the same.

Stacy X being more serpentine could be cool too. Add some toxins and she's good to go.

Fantastic Member

Mercury- same powers but able to shapeshift in a similar vein as Terminator T1000.

Surge- In addition to her other powers absorbing and manipulating electricity as well as what some others mentioned about enhanced speed. She would also be able to generate an electrical force field. Can create and project blasts of electricity that take animal forms like a dragon, tiger or human form and make it seem alive.

Rockslide- body made of granite and able to fire off projectiles and absorb organic matter into his body causing him to gain mass. (Like Mondo)

Prodigy- I always thought he should be the mutant equivalent of Taskmaster but also with the abilities of Ricochet. So I would have him with Super genius level intelligence. Superhuman eidetic and photographic memory but limited to a period of time. Has the ability to duplicate perfectly other abilities that he has seen or read about but for a limited amount of time (a few hours). In the area of skill observation and retention he can absorb knowledge instantaneously. Photographic Reflexes and has the mutant power of superhuman agility, enabling him to leap great distances. Also his mutation gives him a "Danger Sense", that functions much like Spider-Man's "Spider-Sense", allowing him to sense danger before it happens.

I'd think Prodigy's power is already pretty formidable if written correctly, but I'd like there to be an offensive component to it. He can already absorb the knowledge of everyone in proximity to him, but what if he could take knowledge as well? He could make people forget how to use their powers, how to fight, how to operate a vehicle or weapon.

I'm also wondering why he can't copy certain skill based psychic abilities as well.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by TraneTrax View Post
    I'd think Prodigy's power is already pretty formidable if written correctly, but I'd like there to be an offensive component to it. He can already absorb the knowledge of everyone in proximity to him, but what if he could take knowledge as well? He could make people forget how to use their powers, how to fight, how to operate a vehicle or weapon.

I'm also wondering why he can't copy certain skill based psychic abilities as well.
    Yeah, I want him to control peoples knowledge.. He could make people forget how to walk, or he could transfer knowledge, let people temp learn a new language or fighting skills or how to pick a lock. He could do a telepathic knowledge overload trick as his version of a psionic blast. Also, He def should have rudimentary mystical abilities ...

I like all of these ideas Aero being able to psionically affect air in her proximity would be very cool. She could even make gusts of wind while flying at high speed by moving the air the right way, and giving other people limited flight could make for a great power in rescue missions.
    <INTERNAL DRAMATIC WAILING>

This sounds like a heinous encroachment on the previously established, and tragically forgotten, Venezuelan AIRBENDING goddess, Sofia Mantega.

We mustn't allow the elevation of Guthrie#32 at the expense of a superior character. Also known as the Pixie Treatment.
    Kyle: "Wouldn't it be COOL if we traumatize that adorable Pixie girl by forcing her to bargain with a demon, granting her teleportation powers AND a magical weapon forged from her soul?!"
    Yost: "Wait. I mean, isn't that Magik's shtick? We could just bring Magik back.
    Kyle: "Por Que No Los Dos???!
    Yost: "PERFECT!"

[Disclaimer: I am being overly dramatic (what? me? what??) and support everyone's lovely ideas. i just miss Wind Dancer. Carry on carrying on, you beautiful people you.]

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    <INTERNAL DRAMATIC WAILING>

This sounds like a heinous encroachment on the previously established, and tragically forgotten, Venezuelan AIRBENDING goddess, Sofia Mantega.

We mustn't allow the elevation of Guthrie#32 at the expense of a superior character. Also known as the Pixie Treatment.
    Kyle: "Wouldn't it be COOL if we traumatize that adorable Pixie girl by forcing her to bargain with a demon, granting her teleportation powers AND a magical weapon forged from her soul?!"
    Yost: "Wait. I mean, isn't that Magik's shtick? We could just bring Magik back.
    Kyle: "Por Que No Los Dos???!
    Yost: "PERFECT!"

[Disclaimer: I am being overly dramatic (what? me? what??) and support everyone's lovely ideas. i just miss Wind Dancer. Carry on carrying on, you beautiful people you.]
    That convo between Kyle and Yost legit killed me hahaha

Yeah Sofia should definitely be back, her powers are too cool. In my mind Aero would not have her kind of control over the air, she could just do some neat stuff with the right application of her flying aura, like making a gust whole flying at the right speed.

When I think of Aero, I think of this character

I think Marvel should consider giving Melody a new codename, especially since she was a minor character that never really got to use Aero and I dont really think it fits her or her power. I used to think she had wind powers and was shocked to learn she didnt. No clue what they would name her but if they expand upon her character and her abilities,, that may come naturally