Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    When I think of Aero, I think of this character

I think Marvel should consider giving Melody a new codename, especially since she was a minor character that never really got to use Aero and I dont really think it fits her or her power. I used to think she had wind powers and was shocked to learn she didnt. No clue what they would name her but if they expand upon her character and her abilities,, that may come naturally
    I don’t mind there being two Aeros however I think her powers should be expanded upon. Perhaps there is more to that glow than just flight.
    Last edited by danielsan52; 05-13-2020 at 10:35 AM.

I wonder if we're even gonna see Melody again lol . I hope so but I feel like that was a stunt queen moment for Hickman (and it worked)

for a power-up for her..idk I kind of like that her powers are simple . maybe it would cool to watch her play with speeds . There's something really endearing to me about her fighting so hard for a power that's taken for granted, like an "okay, and what else can she do?" power. I can't find the word to describe it but its somewhere between purity and innocence. neither are exactly right. but it makes the fight w/ apocalypse more impactful
    Last edited by houndsofluv; 05-13-2020 at 10:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    I wonder if we're even gonna see Melody again lol . I hope so but I feel like that was a stunt queen moment for Hickman (and it worked)

for a power-up for her..idk I kind of like that her powers are simple . maybe it would cool to watch her play with speeds . There's something really endearing to me about her fighting so hard for a power that's taken for granted, like an "okay, and what else can she do?" power. I can't find the word to describe it but its somewhere between purity and innocence. neither are exactly right. but it makes the fight w/ apocalypse more impactful
    Well there's this scene:
    2020.02.27-12.25-boundingintocomics-5e570c88d7327-e1582763257309.jpg
    Is Melody glowing?

Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post

Yeah the fact that she doesn't have an amazing power but was fighting hard for it kinda made it powerful. If I could fly and then lost that ability, I would be pretty pissed too, even in a world with Omega level mutants.

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

Eye-boy. I saw a version where his skin turned black and all the eyes turned red. I'd go with that and give him ... combat precognition, some kind of "Limited Omniscience", enhanced reflexes, immunity to telepathy, Super strength and... huh. I'd
    basically make him Spider-Man or Wolverine type... with a cooler look and more edgy/sarcastic.

"Nice moves, but I've seen it all before"
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Bees would be cool since they do use pheromones a lot. Since our other Bee mutant is a Nazi, she coudl take his spot and let him be forgotten.
    Someone with pheremone powers learning to use them to control swarms of insects, or larger animals, would be a great way to diversify the powerset and move away from the 'creepy mind control' / 'questions of consent' / 'my power is date-rape' niche they tend to get tagged with.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Paleo_Rage View Post
    Yeah, I want him to control peoples knowledge.. He could make people forget how to walk, or he could transfer knowledge, let people temp learn a new language or fighting skills or how to pick a lock. He could do a telepathic knowledge overload trick as his version of a psionic blast. Also, He def should have rudimentary mystical abilities ...
    Someone able to tinker with memory, but not having any other telepathic power, would be funky.

"He's pointing a gun at you!"

"And now he's forgotten why... And now he's forgotten what a gun is, but suddenly he 'remembers' being burned by one as a child, and is dropping it fearfully. And now he 'remembers' that time I saved his life, all those years ago, and how I'm best friends with his family, and is all confused..."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Someone with pheremone powers learning to use them to control swarms of insects, or larger animals, would be a great way to diversify the powerset and move away from the 'creepy mind control' / 'questions of consent' / 'my power is date-rape' niche they tend to get tagged with.
    I was thinking she can become Viper from valorant

That'd be great, because w/o that she's another Daken, Stacy X or Empath but much less interesting, at least visually.

Another Guthrie that could receive an upgrade is Icarus, btw. He had voice powers or something like that, they could give him a Black Canary shriek kind of power.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    lol if her secondary mutation is just glowing the gene pool did her dirtyy
    I'm pretty sure that's just a cool visual flair though

Someone able to tinker with memory, but not having any other telepathic power, would be funky.

"He's pointing a gun at you!"

"And now he's forgotten why... And now he's forgotten what a gun is, but suddenly he 'remembers' being burned by one as a child, and is dropping it fearfully. And now he 'remembers' that time I saved his life, all those years ago, and how I'm best friends with his family, and is all confused..."
    that kinda reminds me of Maxine and Manon. Their enhancement should be having a less clunky collective name

Astonishing Member

Maggot should gain powers like D'Vorah from Mortal Kombat. Insectoid war drones, acid spitting, and swarms.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Maggot should gain powers like D'Vorah from Mortal Kombat. Insectoid war drones, acid spitting, and swarms.
    I think EVERYONE wants Maggot to move well beyond Eenie and Meanie and into Pestilence swarm territory.

Give him the ability to make more slugs and weird ones and we're good.

The Final Horsemen Pestilence had a very similar thing with beetles right? With the psychometry thing embedded in the beetles and whatever they ate.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Graymalkin - I would reveal that his actual power is a photosensitive exoskeleton that feeds on darkness, which is how he managed to survive being buried alive for so long. I would establish that the trauma he experienced when his powers first activated caused them to be in a stunted state, but he has since gained more control and now his abilities function the way they would have had they been allowed to manifest naturally. The biggest change would be the character design, when in sunlight and in a more passive state he would have a more human and individualized appearance (no more generic gray goblin), and when active the exoskeleton gives him a monstrous appearance. Sort of gently influenced by the Espada from Bleach. He would keep the enhanced speed, strength, agility, and durability and would have a modest healing factor while in darkness. Eventually, he might have some shadow bending or minor darkforce manipulation that could be used offensively and allow him to be somewhat active during the day, but he would still be vulnerable to light based powers or weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    She has always had a glow/aura but not THAT bright.

Like i said in my post above..... maybe there is something more to that.