Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default Tom Hardy's Venom dropped into Gotham City

Pre-new52 or New52 Gotham City is preferred here

how far Tom Hardy's Venom goes here?
    Last edited by Masonicon; 05-07-2020 at 01:58 PM.
    whatever Scientists tells us what they believes are the only things that exists in Reality(our world), they treats what US government and mainstream news media said about things like 9/11, CO2 Emissions, and so on as their gospel

https://lnk.bio/Masonicon

calling Real Life Martial Artists that can break walls "Comic Book Peak Human" is like calling Pre-new52!Cassandra Cain "Shounen Manga character"

Bane & Killer Croc thought they had it rough...but then trouble blew into town...

...like a turd...in the wind.
    "What I sought, I could not obtain."

"This is a meaningless battle. We are two madmen engaging in senseless folley."

"I will kill, I will let live..."

--Genuine Fake Priest Kotomine Kirei

The Recipe for Disaster Blackid's Avatar

Yeah the movie was not that bad but the premise that Venom was the runt of the bunch and a punk to the other symbiotes just doesn't sit well. make me think he's not as capable as the Comic book version. He'd just be another Clayface type.
    The Recipe for Disaster asks for Blasphemy, but as for me, ask for me, I give it gravity.

BANNED

Idk how he’d do against the villains but I fount he could beat Batman but he’d put up a good fight.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

I skipped the movie. What were his motivations? "How far does he get" seems a little meaningless without a defined goal.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    I skipped the movie. What were his motivations? "How far does he get" seems a little meaningless without a defined goal.
    Initially it was denial that he was no longer normal, then hiding it. Then he was pretty much swept along by events. Finally, it ended with him trying to live life while also... eating people who try to rob convenience stores? About that?
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by Blackid View Post
    Yeah the movie was not that bad but the premise that Venom was the runt of the bunch and a punk to the other symbiotes just doesn't sit well. make me think he's not as capable as the Comic book version. He'd just be another Clayface type.

This. I don't really remember the movie well, but I don't think Venom had good speed feats. Assuming Bruce is a but quicker, he should win any encounter via exploding batrangs followed by knock out has to Tom Hardy. The suit is also durable enough for Bruce to get thrown around a bunch.

There's also the problem of Venom probably not trying to kill Bruce, if they fight, since Tom would have heard Bruce is a hero nd all that. It's enough to insure Bruce can at least escape from an encounter, if he losses, and just come back more well prepared.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Initially it was denial that he was no longer normal, then hiding it. Then he was pretty much swept along by events. Finally, it ended with him trying to live life while also... eating people who try to rob convenience stores? About that?
    Yeah...I don't think Batman's gonna be happy with that. Venom's getting knockout-gassed.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Radical View Post
    Yeah...I don't think Batman's gonna be happy with that. Venom's getting knockout-gassed.
    Gas isn't going to work. Venom caught the tear gas canister shot at him point blank range. No affect. He also swam a good distance through San Fran's Harbor with no problem.

To answer the OP, he's going to mess up all villains that cross his path until Batman gets him. Batman has sonic weapons and explosives in his arsenal. I can see him figuring out Venom's Weaknesses

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    Gas isn't going to work. Venom caught the tear gas canister shot at him point blank range. No affect. He also swam a good distance through San Fran's Harbor with no problem.

To answer the OP, he's going to mess up all villains that cross his path until Batman gets him. Batman has sonic weapons and explosives in his arsenal. I can see him figuring out Venom's Weaknesses
    OTOH, I'm not sure if he and Clayface can really do anything to each other.

Also, is Gotham Girl there?
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    OTOH, I'm not sure if he and Clayface can really do anything to each other.

Also, is Gotham Girl there?
    yes of course
    whatever Scientists tells us what they believes are the only things that exists in Reality(our world), they treats what US government and mainstream news media said about things like 9/11, CO2 Emissions, and so on as their gospel

https://lnk.bio/Masonicon

calling Real Life Martial Artists that can break walls "Comic Book Peak Human" is like calling Pre-new52!Cassandra Cain "Shounen Manga character"

Quote Originally Posted by Masonicon View Post
    yes of course
    In that case, Venom probably gets tossed out of Gotham and lands....hmmmmmm….let's say he lands in Lex's office for the purposes of humor.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

BANNED

Couldn’t Batman just use a sonic weapon?

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mider2009 View Post
    Couldn’t Batman just use a sonic weapon?
    He'd have to know to do so. And he'd also have to survive his first encounter with Venom to do that. Neither of those are sure things. The snoic weakness isn't common knowledge.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    He'd have to know to do so. And he'd also have to survive his first encounter with Venom to do that. Neither of those are sure things. The snoic weakness isn't common knowledge.
    Isn't it though? Spiderman knows of it. It's not the general population's knowledge, it's their arch enemies I believe.