Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Revival Wishlist

Let's say DC decided to revive some old comics and resume numbering after the last issue of their series or the last issue of a creative run/direction.

What would be on your wishlist?

For me:

Justice League America (International) #61 -continuing on with the Giffen/DeMatteis team
    Justice League Europe #37 -ditto
    Justice League of America #262 -the Satellite team reforms with Vixen being elevated up to the real League
    Legion of Super-Heroes #64 -the Legion post Magic War
    New Titans #131 -a return to greatness and ignoring almost all of Jonathan Peterson's input
    Infinity, Inc. #54 -the team continues/maybe getting renamed Justice Society with #61
    Outsiders #29 -would need another new member to freshen things up, and an artist on par with Alan Davis
    Blue Devil #32 -continuing the original run
    Blue Beetle #25 -same here
    Booster Gold #26 -and here
    Huntress #20 -and here
    Fury of Firestorm #65 -continuing from before the Mikhail Arkadin addition
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

"Legion of Superheroes" right after "Magic War." (when Levtiz left the first time)

Mighty Member

I dont know the numbers but:

-IMPULSE!!!! (with Max Mercury, his wife, Dox (Bart Allens dog) Jay Garrick,his wife etc.)

My Top 3:

Nightwing

Writer/Artist: Chuck Dixon & Scott McDaniel

Superman

Writer/Artist: Jeph Loeb & Ed McGuinness

The Power of SHAZAM!

Writer/Artist: Jerry Ordway
    Last edited by K7P5V; 05-08-2020 at 08:41 AM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Damian Son of Batman
    Super Sons
    Gotham Academy
    Li'l Gotham

-IMPULSE!!!! (with Max Mercury, his wife, Dox (Bart Allens dog) Jay Garrick,his wife etc.)
    Max had a daughter, not a wife, in Impulse. I never much wanted Jay involved there, but would loved to see more Max, Helen, Carol & Preston.

Nigthtwing with Dixon would be great. Maybe Robin, too - or at least from before Steph and Leslie and that storyline.

Blue Beetle from #25 would be great.

I'll also chime in favor of Gotham Academy (though, with Olive's story done, it'd be time to move on to a new story).

'80s Blue Beetle picking up from from the end.

NTT if Perez had not left.

Young Justice - no Graduation Day.

A new take on New 52 Superman, picking up where Grant Morrison left off after Action Comics #18.

The Question, continuing from where Ditko left off and before O'Neil picked him up.

The Legion of Super-Heroes, picking up from the Crisis, and including Superboy Kal-El as a mainstay, with no complex retcon to mess with it.

The New Gods, continuing from the end of Kirby's original run, before ROTNG, and taking all of Kirby's work as gospel.

Pre-Crisis Superman.
    Last edited by Adekis; 05-08-2020 at 01:31 PM.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    NTT if Perez had not left.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adekis View Post
    A new take on New 52 Superman, picking up where Grant Morrison left off after Action Comics #18.

The Legion of Super-Heroes, picking up from the Crisis, and including Superboy Kal-El as a mainstay, with no complex retcon to mess with it.

Pre-Crisis Superman.
    Yeah I was gonna post these as well. For NTT, I'd pick up after Terror of Trigon but keep Perez as artist/co-author and not have COIE happen to screw up Donna.

I'd have Seeley and King pick up on Grayson from where they stopped writing the monthly title. Seeley on Nightwing would come back, but I'd avoid Bludhaven and 90s nostalgia entirely and just let him do globetrotting Nightwing

Englehart and Rogers continued their run on Detective in the 70s.

Rucka would continue his Wonder Woman run #217 and branch off as if the Max Lord/Infinite Crisis crap never happened. His Rebirth run would pick up from #25 and continue to revamp her cast and villains.

Rucka and/or J.H. Williams III continue Batwoman from where the latter left. Nothing else ever happened.

Revive the era of Batman and Superman comics where they stopped wearing their underwear on the outside. The era of no adult diapers on superheroes was far too brief.

Extraordinary Member

Power Girl #28, starting the Timewar thing from the Supergirl Kandor run, wherein a PG who seems interestingly not affected by telepathy is mentioned as having fought Saturn Queen and Ultraman for Supergirl. That story was mentioned, but never told. Also, use that to give PG a non-generic told in one panel origin story and mission statement that makes her different than SG.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Revive the era of Batman and Superman comics where they stopped wearing their underwear on the outside. The era of no adult diapers on superheroes was far too brief.
    Just out of curiosity, has any character ever snarkily pointed the underwear on the outside thing?

BANNED

I would revive Superman and Batman to the point where they don't have children. Unless you REALLY want to age and advance the characters (which DC kind of doesn't, at least not in that way), then I see that sort of thing as a ball and chain. A status quo that is really hard to get out of without doing something incredibly drastic. Furthermore, it's not even a status quo that I like.

Dan Jurgens Teen Titans with Ray Palmer.

Justice Society of America

Ditto on Impulse and Power of Shazam
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Another one for me...

Justice League of America #233 -the satellite being repaired would be no problem for the Pre-Crisis Superman, with help from Supergirl, Earth-Two's Superman, Power Girl, both Wonder Womans, both Flashes, two Green Lanterns, Dr. Fate, Zatanna and Firestorm. JLDetroit wouldn't happen, but Vixen would still join if Conway was writing. Steel would likely debut later in a JLA/JSA crossover, with a much better introduction for him.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Gotham by Midnight

Paul Dini's Zatanna

Sensation Comics Featuring Wonder Woman (Digital)

Adventures of Superman (Digital)

Batman '66 (or at least more crossovers)

Wonder Woman '77