Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Building my Rebirth era titles, and Green Lantern is coming up. Would you suggest starting with Green Lanterns or Hal & the GLC first? Are they heavily interconnected, like during the Johns/Tomasi era?
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jb681131 View Post
    Yes Liam Sharp is an awsome artist. You should checkout his The Brave and the Bold: Batman and Wonder Woman (2018).
    How long does it take Liam to draw. Seems the pages are really detailed and haven't missed a deadline yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Building my Rebirth era titles, and Green Lantern is coming up. Would you suggest starting with Green Lanterns or Hal & the GLC first? Are they heavily interconnected, like during the Johns/Tomasi era?
    Skip Green Lanterns, just read Hal & GLC, it's where the main story and the better stories are. They are totally disconnected.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Skip Green Lanterns, just read Hal & GLC, it's where the main story and the better stories are. They are totally disconnected.
    Thanks. Looking forward to it.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Thanks. Looking forward to it.
    Hal Jordan & The Green Lantern Corps is written by Robert Venditti.
    Before Rebirth, the last Green Lantern run was written by Robert Venditti.
    H&GL is the continuity of the GLnew52, so you should read Venditti's new52 run as a prequel if you haven't already:
    1. Green Lantern: Dark Days - Green Lantern #21-26, #23.1 + Green Lantern Annual #3
    2. Green Lantern: The Test of Will - Green Lantern #27-34 + Green Lantern Corps #31-33
    3. Green Lantern: The Life Equation - Green Lantern #35-40 + Green Lantern Annual #3 + Secret Origins #3
    4. Green Lantern: Renegade - Green Lantern #41-46 + Green Lantern Annual #4 + Convergence: The Atom #2
    5. Green Lantern: Reflections - Green Lantern #47-52

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Both can be read independently of the other. Green Lanterns finishes up a lot of the left over stuff from Johns's run, while HJ&GLCorps was primarily focuses on course correcting from the disastrous creative misfires that followed after Johns's run.

Jess & Simon's book was more Earth-bound, while GLCorps was more space-centric.

Jus an update, finished the second omnibus last night,. Didn't enjoy it as much as the first but overall it was good. The Blackest night core story was good, but the padding really got to me.

Green Lantern: TAS adapts and takes a lot from the Johns run so if you're interested in seeing more stuff influenced by that run, I'd say it's worth checking out.

Cool, I'll take a look at that. I'm not sure what i want to read next, ti is a toss up between the next GL omni or something totally different.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr`Orange View Post
    Cool, I'll take a look at that. I'm not sure what i want to read next, ti is a toss up between the next GL omni or something totally different.
    Blackest Night was kind of the high watermark for Johns's GL run. It's sort of downhill from there. Some cool stuff with the Emotional Spectrum entities, but it never got as good in my view.

I would switch it up and do something new.

Green Lantern TAS is one of the absolute best DCAU shows ever though. Be warned that it takes a couple episodes to really gel. Once the premise has been established and all the pieces are in place, that show soars.

Ah that's not good news as I didn't hugely enjoy the second omnibus. Oh well.

Might go with Monstress or Fade Out next, and I'll keep any eye out for GL TAS.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Blackest Night was kind of the high watermark for Johns's GL run. It's sort of downhill from there. Some cool stuff with the Emotional Spectrum entities, but it never got as good in my view.

I would switch it up and do something new.

Green Lantern TAS is one of the absolute best DCAU shows ever though. Be warned that it takes a couple episodes to really gel. Once the premise has been established and all the pieces are in place, that show soars.
    I found War of the Green Lanterns better, and it happens after.

I found War of the Green Lanterns better, and it happens after.
    It's all personal preference, but I found War of the Green Lanterns a rehash of Blackest Night, but with the various Earth GLs joining a different colored Corps instead of various heroes & villains from the wider DCU. It felt like the tank was running dry for Johns at that point.