Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    Yeah...but youre the face of the movement!
    You write the editorials, you work the talk show circuit, you copy/paste the links, youve memorized all the trivia!
    Youre like...like the Stan Lee of the Hanna Barbera characters.
    LOL! If I'm the Stan Lee, then you be the King Kirby, and together the HB created Super Friends Heroes will rise again!

Quote Originally Posted by scary harpy View Post
    Yeah, the other HB characters are great, but the Super Friends characters are a completely different animal.
    I am not certain that Marvin, Wendy & Wonder Dog are that different from any Scooby-Doo clone.
    I think he means "different" in that these characters being asked about, Jr Super Friends and particularly: Apache, Vulcan, Samurai, Dorado & the & The Exor Twins were all specifically created by HB to be part of their animated DC U.
    That is why they exist, that makes them unique from all the other HB creations.
    Further it was HB's incredibly clumsy (a bit laughable) yet earnest attempt at infusing what was essentially an all white Justice league (which is all DC had to offer.) with some actual ethnic diversity, to (what they imagined) better represent their audience, they came up with their own.
    As indicated two cartoons have so far given them prominent nods.
    And while DC Comics has for the most part completley ignored them. yet there is no reason they can't appear.
    Likely why the OP is asking about them specifically appearing in the comics.

That would actually be a neat premise for a mini series!
    The three of them traveling to a bunch of DC Cities, solving mysteries and meeting various characters.
    Would love to see it.
    I'll have to look it up (it's been a while) but I think the Super Friends comic established that Wendy (the smart one) was somehow connected to Wayne.
    She should absolutely be a jr. Detective.

And yeah, HB was known for just re-purposing the same idea over-and-over, and their self styled Scooby knock offs were many.
    Wendy Marvin & Wonder Dog were essentially their Mystery Inc. analogs for the Super Friends U.

There is little more Saturday-morning-trippy than Batman (with the unpainted lower cowl) Driving the Mystery machine into the Batcave!
    And the scene-break Bat Symbol , turning into the scene-break Scooby Mystery Swirl .

Of course they would want to reproduce it with essentially what became the Jr. Super Friends.

Last edited by Güicho; 05-08-2020 at 03:14 PM.

Aperantly Wendy Harris, is the niece of Detective Harris:

Last edited by Güicho; 05-08-2020 at 02:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by scary harpy View Post
    I am not certain that Marvin, Wendy & Wonder Dog are that different from any Scooby-Doo clone.
    In an alternate reality there probably is a Wonder Dog cartoon, with Wendy, Marvin and two other kids.
    I actually think a couple of the kids from Gotham Academy could fill in those two empty slots...
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

I think he means "different" in that these characters being asked about, Jr Super Friends and particularly: Apache, Vulcan, Samurai, Dorado & the & The Exor Twins were all specifically created by HB to be part of their animated DC U.
    That is why they exist, that makes them unique from all the other HB creations.
    Further it was HB's incredibly clumsy (a bit laughable) yet earnest attempt at infusing what was essentially an all white Justice league (which is all DC had to offer.) with some actual ethnic diversity, to (what they imagined) better represent their audience, they came up with their own.
    As indicated two cartoons have so far given them prominent nods.
    And while DC Comics has for the most part completley ignored them. yet there is no reason they can't appear.
    Likely why the OP is asking about them specifically appearing in the comics.
    'Nuff Said! Excelsior! Make Mine...uh, you get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    SuperFriends used to have their own comic, where HB created characters Wendy & Marvin, and then the Exor twins appeared.
    The Twins were then brought into canon through Extreme Justice in the 90s
    And currently have their own comic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampire Savior View Post
    The Wonder Twins currently have a series going on right now, I believe, and there have been Space Ghost, Scooby Doo, and Johnny Quest series as well.
    The Wonder Twins comic ended on 19 February.
    https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Wonder_Twins_Vol_1_12
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    The Wonder Twins comic ended on 19 February.
    https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Wonder_Twins_Vol_1_12
    LOL OK, it just ended. Thanks!
    Point was; they did get their own comic recently.
    To the OPS question, no, there is no reason DC can't use the created by HB characters or their Animate U and Young Justice incarnations, in comics.

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    Is there a reason the Hanna Barbera heroes can't appear in comics?
    Last edited by Güicho; 05-09-2020 at 08:57 AM.

Wonder if that fantastic four cartoon could make a good dc comic?

[IMG][/IMG]

Joking over how about the goofy turbo teen? It's a guy who turns into a car and his girlfriend drives him around. (that's didn't sound right.) Of course they fight bad guys and crime bosses.

It's as campy as it sounds!

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

BANNED

Thanks, All. Surprised no one has capitalized on Wind Dragon and Long Shadow.

I've always wanted the Hannah Barbera originals to join with the Global Guardians.
    Reimagined public domain superheroes in a 1945 that never was!
    Read the superhero webcomic THE POWER OF STARDUST!

Samurai from Justice League of America #46

Marvin and Wendy from the Teen Titans

Last edited by Lonewolf36; 05-09-2020 at 06:52 PM.