Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default Dc movies (not animated) new start...

Hello,
    I personally liked the movies MoS, BvS but however I personally would love to see a fresh start.

I STRICTLY believe that the movies should also include hope, some time for relaxing etc.

My problem with Superman so far in these movies was that JONATHAN KENT died and also MARTHA KENT didnt live a good life.
    I personally really LOVED the Superman TV Series with both his parents alive and also in the Comics it was also nice to see them.
    It would also be nice to include Conner.

For Batman I would like that Dick was Robin, but is already Nightwing and now Tim Drake is the current Robin.

As Flash I like the Idea of Wally being the Flash with Bart as Impulse as Sidekick.

This is more something which I would love to see, its more optimistic etc.
    and the "Sidekicks" Impulse,Nightwing,Conner...would bring more diversity and in Impulse case also a lot of fun etc.

Honestly I personally think we are gonna have to see a fresh start, outside Wonder Woman, Shazam, Aquaman, and I guess Harley the current live action movie universe is fractured. Superman and Batman actors left/they already got a new Batman, no one has heard from the Cyborg actor, and I think we all know from recent news Ezra Miller flash isn’t happening anymore.

I do agree that I would love to see the sidekicks appear, I personally would love to see Conner Kent appear on the big screen could be fun. While I do like all the Young Justice characters, if your lucky you could probably introduce Tim and Cassie in movies immediately because 1. The Batman and Wonder Woman movies have established the main heroes, and 2. Their personal stories can lend to showing up (the boy who tracked down Batman to be the new Robin and the grand daughter of Zeus I think are stories people can just pick up immediately). But I think you’d have to wait for a sequel for Bart. Batgirl could be fun as well.

However I think that dc needs to take some chances, look at the success of something like Doom Patrol. Don’t be afraid to use characters that you may not think of normally but could be fun. Think Plastic Man, Etrigan, Metal Men, and etc. Obviously do big names but think about other resources.
    Last edited by sifighter; 05-08-2020 at 09:21 AM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Honestly I personally think we are gonna have to see a fresh start, outside Wonder Woman, Shazam, Aquaman, and I guess Harley the current live action movie universe is fractured. Superman and Batman actors left/they already got a new Batman, no one has heard from the Cyborg actor, and I think we all know from recent news Ezra Miller flash isn’t happening anymore.

I do agree that I would love to see the sidekicks appear, I personally would love to see Conner Kent appear on the big screen could be fun. While I do like all the Young Justice characters, if your lucky you could probably introduce Tim and Cassie in movies immediately because 1. The Batman and Wonder Woman movies have established the main heroes, and 2. Their personal stories can lend to showing up (the boy who tracked down Batman to be the new Robin and the grand daughter of Zeus I think are stories people can just pick up immediately). But I think you’d have to wait for a sequel for Bart. Batgirl could be fun as well.

However I think that dc needs to take some chances, look at the success of something like Doom Patrol. Don’t be afraid to use characters that you may not think of normally but could be fun. Think Plastic Man, Etrigan, Metal Men, and etc. Obviously do big names but think about other resources.
    Actually that isnt really true:

According to rumors which I read yesterday they already work on a new Superman Film with Cavill.

But I wasnt talking only about that...

I would also LOVE to see Superman having both parents like in the Superman Series and also in the animated Movies and Comics.
    I think it would work much better with a Superman with both parents alive.

It makes the movies brighter, less dark, more hopefull and would also help to show Clarks human side.

I really wasnt a fan of the Flash in the Movies and in the TV Series we already have Barry as Flash, so Wally as Flash would be fresh and also help to make the movies brighter.

Nightwing is one of the characters who I think could be sucessfull on big screen (if there is a black panther and also next a black widow movie, I strictly believe that there should also be a NIghtwing one...)

Well, they're already rebooting Batman.

Although I'd rather not have the sidekicks and legacy stuff.

Spectacular Member

With Shang Chi coming soon with Marvel Martial action, I'd like to see Cassandra Cain (Ella Jay Basco) star in her own movie, with a lot of martial arts action, with Lady Shiva as the antagonist, alongside David Cain, Batman, Cheshire and others.

With a show coming to that HBO streaming service, and memories of the '11 film, there probably won't be another GL film. That said depending on which Lanterns gets used in the show I wouldn't mind the ones who don't getting a movie.

Quote Originally Posted by saiyan_earthling View Post
    With Shang Chi coming soon with Marvel Martial action, I'd like to see Cassandra Cain (Ella Jay Basco) star in her own movie, with a lot of martial arts action, with Lady Shiva as the antagonist, alongside David Cain, Batman, Cheshire and others.
    I'd rather they reboot or recast if they're going to do Cassandra Cain. Sure the actress seemed great in the movie, and could learn martial arts or whatever for action scenes - but the version of Cass she played was so far removed from the source material that trying to make her fit the comic version after the fact would be too forced.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I'd rather they reboot or recast if they're going to do Cassandra Cain. Sure the actress seemed great in the movie, and could learn martial arts or whatever for action scenes - but the version of Cass she played was so far removed from the source material that trying to make her fit the comic version after the fact would be too forced.
    Wait, hold up.... I meant "not Ella Jay Basco" lol But so true that was not the Cassandra Cain that was a real badass in the comics. It's gonna be a challenge to not only find the right actresses who look the parts for Cass and Shiva, but can also pull off martial arts that make the two who they are.
    Last edited by saiyan_earthling; 05-10-2020 at 10:33 AM. Reason: adjustments

Quote Originally Posted by saiyan_earthling View Post
    Wait, hold up.... I meant "not Ella Jay Basco" lol But so true that was not the Cassandra Cain that was a real badass in the comics. It's gonna be a challenge to not only find the right actresses who look the parts for Cass and Shiva, but can also pull off martial arts that make the two who they are.
    Ah, must've skipped typing out "not", I find myself doing that a lot (especially when I type on the phone). Yeah finding the right actress could be hard. Probably would have to cast an unknown I think. Or maybe look at some foreign actresses not known here in the West.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    Hello,
    I personally liked the movies MoS, BvS but however I personally would love to see a fresh start.

I STRICTLY believe that the movies should also include hope, some time for relaxing etc.

My problem with Superman so far in these movies was that JONATHAN KENT died and also MARTHA KENT didnt live a good life.
    I personally really LOVED the Superman TV Series with both his parents alive and also in the Comics it was also nice to see them.
    It would also be nice to include Conner.

For Batman I would like that Dick was Robin, but is already Nightwing and now Tim Drake is the current Robin.

As Flash I like the Idea of Wally being the Flash with Bart as Impulse as Sidekick.

This is more something which I would love to see, its more optimistic etc.
    and the "Sidekicks" Impulse,Nightwing,Conner...would bring more diversity and in Impulse case also a lot of fun etc.

If you are looking for diversity then Nightwing, Wallace, Damian, Cain, Duke, Irey, Emi and Kenan are the side characters to add or choose from. Optimism and fun is down to the writing direction so that as well can be achieved with the above diverse characters

Tim, Conner and Bart are just more hetero white men. The opposite of diverse in every way but they work if the real aim is to recreate YJ

I mean the last two Robins are
    Duke, a Black kid
    Damian, a Chinese, Arabic mixed kid with a Jewish grandmother and you want to change that for a rich white kid from the burbs' in the name of diversity?
    Last edited by dietrich; 05-10-2020 at 11:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post

Then shouldn't we have Carrie Kelley. The original Robin who tracked down a dark batrman and saved him?
    If the point is to be more diverse then why take away Carrie's story once again to tack it on to Tim a white boy?

Let it play out like it did in the original. Carrie saves a dark Batman who has lost his way and is alone with just Alfred

According to rumors which I read yesterday they already work on a new Superman Film with Cavill.
    Where did you read these rumors?

Rumors don't make it true. Anyone can start a rumor. Who is your source for the rumor?

Aquaman and Birds of Prey are both soft sequels starring previously existing characters, Wonder Woman 84 was supposed to be out like, next month, and it's a sequel as well, Ezra Miller's Flash movie was about to start development when quarantine began. Clearly there's still an ongoing desire on the studio's part to keep their ongoing series of movies on some kind of track, even if it is soft-rebooted. It's even possible for Cavill's Superman, and I hope it happens.

I still haven't heard anything yet to make me think that the DC films are getting a "new start", except for The Batman.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Then shouldn't we have Carrie Kelley. The original Robin who tracked down a dark batrman and saved him?
    If the point is to be more diverse then why take away Carrie's story once again to tack it on to Tim a white boy?

Let it play out like it did in the original. Carrie saves a dark Batman who has lost his way and is alone with just Alfred
    I’d take Carrie, I genuinely like her and it could work, though don’t do all the costume changes like all three comics she’s either Robin who becomes the new Batman/Batwoman or just Robin, the cat girl thing was weird.

If not Carrie I’d also take Helena. I’m a fan of the JSA/Earth 2 and I think if they don’t want just another Batman movie then introduce his daughter to replace him. I imagine that daughter of Batman could do well in live-action...you know as long as it’s not like the old birds of prey show.
    Last edited by sifighter; 05-10-2020 at 05:13 PM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.