Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I have the Marvel comics app...so I think I'm good right?
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Well, at least I already have my Marvel store app linked with Comixology so no problems. I'm glad to read that Marvel will still keep the redeem option on their site for a comic purchased at the LCS

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    I have the Marvel comics app...so I think I'm good right?
    Yes, I use the app on my Ipad. The only thing is the app downloads the comic, unless I goofed up something on the settings.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 05-09-2020 at 10:35 AM.

Amazing Member

When i read this earlier today i was kind of worried that marvel was giving up on digital sales. Thankfully i reread the article and the marvel app will still have a functioning store and all purchased comics.

For the majority of my purchases i buy from amazon kindle and have my account synced up with marvel, dc, and comicxology. I prefer the kindle app best for reading. The comicxology app feels off for some reason and i think it doesnt zoom and expand as well plus downloads are a lot slower. What i absolutely love about comicxology is how organized the comic series are. So easy to find what singles are covered in trades and vice versa.

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    I'm not aware of this tax issue.
    Singles are still at 4,49€ on Comixology, and 3,99€ on Marvel.
    In the UK a few months ago, digital publishing had a 20% Value Added Tax imposed. That just got axed (there'd been an outcry over it, and Coronavirus gave the government a reason to change their minds), causing a recent price rise on Comixology to be partially reversed (they'd added the 20% then rounded it to up to £=$, and have now removed the 20% but left on the difference). So comics have gone up from roughly £2.60 to £3.99 and now back down to around £3.20.

Mainland Europe must've not done the same thing... but why isn't Marvel's price the same as Comixology's? Are Marvel doing €=$, and Comixology adding their own charges on top?
    Last edited by Digifiend; 05-10-2020 at 03:10 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman