Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default Artemis (Pre-Flashpoint Look) and current Look

Hello,
    I dont know if I am the only one who STRICTLY prefers the "old" Artemis Look to the current one.
    I dont know if its clear which look I mean, but look at the Artemis as Wonder Woman Look for example.

I dont know why exactly but I dont like Artemis current look..

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    Hello,
    I dont know if I am the only one who STRICTLY prefers the "old" Artemis Look to the current one.
    I dont know if its clear which look I mean, but look at the Artemis as Wonder Woman Look for example.

I dont know why exactly but I dont like Artemis current look..

You don't say.

Meanwhile, modern day Artemis (mainly in Red Hood and the Outlaws)...

Yeah, I'd say modern look is more "appropriate".

Mighty Member

I am NOT talking about these clothes..

I mean her as Wonder Woman and this blue or green outfit which she was wearing in ARTEMIS REQUIEM.

I believe its because she wasnt so muscular and her face in Pre-Flashpoint was "smaller" and her chin looked different.

I never really liked any of Artemis’ pre-Flashpoint costumes, her Rebirth costume isn’t anything special but it’s easily the best she’s had.

For Artemis, I’d go with the green, white/silver, and black color scheme and redesign her costume using elements of Jimenez’s designs for her.

Before the latest costume this was my favorite look for Artemis, but the black and white Requiem outfit was good too.

WW ArtemisofBana-Mighdall.jpg

Now I love the current costume because while it's distinctive to Artemis it looks very much like a Wonder Woman outfit with the modifications (straps and pants) that some posters had been asking for. The gauntlets and leg guards are also reminiscent of Wonder Woman's red and white stripped boots, it's a perfect look for Artemis.

ARTEMIS 951995d0a47cb8fec.jpg

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post

You don't say.

Meanwhile, modern day Artemis (mainly in Red Hood and the Outlaws)...

Yeah, I'd say modern look is more "appropriate".
    I'd say your being a little disingenuous. She's had plenty of other outfits and ways she's been drawn in between those two(and the first outfit isn't a superhero costume.). Her green and black outfit from the beginning of the Jimenez run is actually quite similar to her rebirth outfit.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    I am NOT talking about these clothes..

I mean her as Wonder Woman and this blue or green outfit which she was wearing in ARTEMIS REQUIEM.

I believe its because she wasnt so muscular and her face in Pre-Flashpoint was "smaller" and her chin looked different.
    For body type it also varies. Artemis in Rebirth was drawn more buff, but not as much as her new 52 replacement "Aleka". Since she's come back recently it's been toned down some more. Deodato drew her very statuesque and "sexy", while Nicola scott in Gails run drew her on the petite side, and there's been plenty of looks in between.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    I never really liked any of Artemis’ pre-Flashpoint costumes, her Rebirth costume isn’t anything special but it’s easily the best she’s had.
    Most of the time I'd say Artemis didn't have a regular costume given the variety of outfits she had and didn't really act as superhero per say. I'd have say I do prefer her with the color green. For her rebirth design I'd like if the red parts of her outfit were green, and she had proper Amazon bracelets/manacles instead of the partial arm guards.

Since it's been confirmed Red Hood is ending soon(a issue #50), I hope she's able to be moved back to Diana's book again and interact more with her and doesn't get forgotten/dropped.

Quote Originally Posted by Artemisfanboy View Post
    Most of the time I'd say Artemis didn't have a regular costume given the variety of outfits she had and didn't really act as superhero per say. I'd have say I do prefer her with the color green. For her rebirth design I'd like if the red parts of her outfit were green, and she had proper Amazon bracelets/manacles instead of the partial arm guards.

Since it's been confirmed Red Hood is ending soon(a issue #50), I hope she's able to be moved back to Diana's book again and interact more with her and doesn't get forgotten/dropped.
    Yeah, I hope she goes back to the WW book soon. I liked her interacting with Jason but with Donna and Cassie more Titans/YJ characters at this point I'd prefer Diana not lose another supporting cast member.

While I am okay with all of these Artemis looks, my favorite or preferred look was pre-Crisis as Orana.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    While I am okay with all of these Artemis looks, my favorite or preferred look was pre-Crisis as Orana.
    She was the template and more than awesome. Green was her color.

WW ORANA WATER.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    Before the latest costume this was my favorite look for Artemis, but the black and white Requiem outfit was good too.

WW ArtemisofBana-Mighdall.jpg

Now I love the current costume because while it's distinctive to Artemis it looks very much like a Wonder Woman outfit with the modifications (straps and pants) that some posters had been asking for. The gauntlets and leg guards are also reminiscent of Wonder Woman's red and white stripped boots, it's a perfect look for Artemis.

ARTEMIS 951995d0a47cb8fec.jpg
    Same, about the Jimenez Artemis design.

I’m not a fan of the current look, because it uses too many Wonder Woman elements. I’d rather see Artemis and other Amazons have a distinct personal style. I’ve never been a fan of the Amazonian warrior army when it’s depicted as having elements of Diana’s costume in their armor/uniform. My preference is that Diana’s costume is unique to her and the Amazons have there own personal styles or the military has its own unique designs, depending on which part of the army/navy/air force/etc. the Amazon is a part of.

She was the template and more than awesome. Green was her color.

WW ORANA WATER.jpg
    Hey Koriand'r! That is the scene I was remembering! Orana looked great in green.

Orana knew what Diana was thinking--not in a telepathy way, but in a very intuitive way. After Diana and Nubia, I think Orana had the highest skills, strength, abilities and mentality stats.

ARTEMIS 0.jpgI like this Artemis design a lil better

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Artemisfanboy View Post
    I'd say your being a little disingenuous. She's had plenty of other outfits and ways she's been drawn in between those two(and the first outfit isn't a superhero costume.). Her green and black outfit from the beginning of the Jimenez run is actually quite similar to her rebirth outfit.

For body type it also varies. Artemis in Rebirth was drawn more buff, but not as much as her new 52 replacement "Aleka". Since she's come back recently it's been toned down some more. Deodato drew her very statuesque and "sexy", while Nicola scott in Gails run drew her on the petite side, and there's been plenty of looks in between.

Its NOT only the Body type, but its also the face..

I prefer the Body type AND face of Artemis Requiem...

Quote Originally Posted by warzon View Post
    ARTEMIS 0.jpgI like this Artemis design a lil better
    I've always loved how Artemis looked in her WW outfit complete with the bow and arrow (yes even the star spangled thong). But as far her own outfits go, the Requiem one is pretty good but I also don't mind her new rebirth look, I wish she'd ditch the giant axe and get new bow and arrow back.