Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

Default Happy Europe Day!

May 9th is Europe Day!

Whether you're European or not, what does a unified Europe mean to you?

For me, it means a lifetime of peace on a continent that rarely knew it before. It means traveling easily to different cultures and making friends. It means knowing my drinking water is as safe on a small Mediterranean island as at home in Germany.

Happy Europe day! I’ve travelled to the continent many times luckily and always had a fabulous time. Especially when you look at its history you realise just how important for the world it is that Europe remains unified

Happy Europe Day, my fellow Europeans.

This year, there is a giant cloud over any possible celebrations, we have seen that the peace that we counted on was more fragile than we were prepared to admit.
    But lets focus on the positive today, that despite this enormous evil that wants to devide us, we stand together and we have shown that we are more united than what was expected.
    Hopefully, our strength and unity will prevail.
    Slava Ukraini!
    Truth and love must prevail over lies and hatred

I want to visit Europe so bad. *Sigh*

Happy Europe Day! Good agreement is not always easy… but I see all the efforts that have been done and all the work of people of good will.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

BANNED

I've wanted to see places with more than just a couple of hundred years of history, and places all over Europe have come up in my idle ponderings. Happy Europe Day!