Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    Yeah, but she could have kept the ring! We weren't shown why she chose not to. (Not to my memory anyway, unless it was when Kyle returned to Earth & the whole awful cheating thing....)
    Well, since she gave it up not once but twice (the first time after she had a falling out with Kyle which led to a brief separation), perhaps the intention of the writers, both Marz and Winick, was to show that she didn't wish to depend on something handed to her to feel complete or that she had a purpose in life. Perhaps I'm overthinking it, but there are much worse messages around.

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    I think back in the late nineties DC had a real stick up their butt about "THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE GL AT A TIME! BLAAAAARGH!" so she got shunted back to second stringer status. Which is crap because she deserved to be an official Lantern.
    I wouldn't want her on the GLC - she's Jade! She follows her dad's legacy more than anything else, and he was fine without the GLC.

Astonishing Member

As a left-handed reader, I loved how growing up, Jade was literally the only left handed character in comics!

Then, somewhere along the line, a lot of artists forgot that.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    As a left-handed reader, I loved how growing up, Jade was literally the only left handed character in comics!

Then, somewhere along the line, a lot of artists forgot that.
    Her dad Alan is left handed too.

While I’m glad modern DC media use Jessica Cruz whenever they need a female Earth Green Lantern, it’s too bad Jade has been left behind.

Were are the odds she’ll show up in the new Stargirl show?

Few more covers of her short gl run.

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Her dad Alan is left handed too.

While I’m glad modern DC media use Jessica Cruz whenever they need a female Earth Green Lantern, it’s too bad Jade has been left behind.

Were are the odds she’ll show up in the new Stargirl show?
    As a southpaw, it's always nice to see someone in comics you can relate to!
    Assassinate Putin!

Great cover of all the main gl who was the star of the book. Of course dc once again ignores jade who was the star of the main title for a bit and didn't even put her on the cover at all.

Jade is the meg of the gl universe.

[IMG][/IMG]

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    The classic GL suit looks good on Jade.
    I thought it was a downgrade for Jade - would have preferred some elements of her Infinity Inc. costume. I was never crazy about Jade losing her powers and having to rely on a CORPS ring, but that was 90s DC editorial for you.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I love Jade!

It's time for a mini/maxi JADE, THE GREEN FLAME.

BANNED

I really liked her in Ron Marz's run, and her stint as GL of Earth was a nice change of pace. I would have preferred if DC had invested more in her rather than creating the plethora of other Green Lanterns that have since come in recent years.

...She is gone isn't she? DC seems to make main Alan Scott gay so I assume she doesn't exist anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Everyone talks about hal vs kyle but people forget during kyles run they had him go into space for a mini series. The main title then set up jade as the star---for about 5 issues!

Looks like dc was setting her up for maybe a solo mini or ongoing and even had her join the jla for a second or two.

Then--nothing. She went back to side character status and never got a mini series.

Then new 52 made her lex's stooge. (man new 52 hated dc's female heroes didn't it?)

Also as a side note they had in issue 99 a losh female green lantern show up in the future. Did that future gl ever show again?

What did you guys think of jade and that future gl? Did you like those issues or just wish klye would get back from space? Should jade have got a try out mini series or would it have bombed? What do you guys think?
    I don't think Jade was ever going to be a permanent Green Lantern. DC wanted Kyle as the sole Green Lantern. Guy was with Warriors, John became a Dark Star, and Alan Scott gave up his ring to become the Sentinel.

Jade only became a Green Lantern because she sacrificed her powers to defeat the Starheart and restore Alan's power as the Sentinel.

Kyle was going to return back to Earth at some point. The ring that she had was a copy of young Hal's ring.

I think Jenny should stay as Jade imo.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    I think Jenny should stay as Jade imo.
    Definitely prefer her having her own powers, rather than just being 'ring wearer #eleventy-bleem.' Having her removed from any sort of spectrum corps / Oan Guardians drama is a bonus, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Definitely prefer her having her own powers, rather than just being 'ring wearer #eleventy-bleem.' Having her removed from any sort of spectrum corps / Oan Guardians drama is a bonus, IMO.
    Exactly! I agree. She had some really cool powers. I think it limits her potential if she becomes a ring bearer.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    ...She is gone isn't she? DC seems to make main Alan Scott gay so I assume she doesn't exist anymore
    She and Obsidian came back in Doomsday Clock and Tynion seems to want Alan interacting with Jade and Obsidian. If writers remember gay men aren't impotent Jade will be fine. It's writers not able to juggle a large JSA cast or thinking there can be only one token female GL that will do her in.

Now Obsidian... there's a character that's screwed by Alan being gay imo. Even though that was mostly in Manhunter, it was one of the few positive things to ever happen to the character, and writers will want to focus on Alan if they want to focus on something gay. And even if they don't want to do that, most writers/editors can only handle token 1 gay guy on a team unless the second one is with the first one and Jade was always the one writers used if they wanted somebody close to Alan, so it's very likely that he'll just be literal wallpaper again or going evil/controlled for the umpteenth time (assuming he's not just ignored.. like how he's not on the cover of the dark multiverse oneshot with Alan).