Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Amazing Member

The whole plot from Unbreakable.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheSuperMule View Post
    The whole plot from Unbreakable.
    Well, that's connected to superman. Isn't it? They explicitly mention goldenage superman, the trilogy i mean. Glass, unbreakable and split.

Retired

Neil Gaiman's SANDMAN. There's a lot of concepts and characters in that run that could be alternative versions of stuff from classic Superman comics.

Today's Batman. I think the reason Batman has become D.C.'s big star is because editor Dennis O'Neil gave him all Superman's stuff. Which left Superman with nothing of his own anymore, so he has to play second fiddle to the Super-Batman of Dimension Z.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Neil Gaiman's SANDMAN. There's a lot of concepts and characters in that run that could be alternative versions of stuff from classic Superman comics.

Today's Batman. I think the reason Batman has become D.C.'s big star is because editor Dennis O'Neil gave him all Superman's stuff. Which left Superman with nothing of his own anymore, so he has to play second fiddle to the Super-Batman of Dimension Z.
    It wouldn't be the first time Superman has influenced batman. Batman is linked to superman from creation. So he is pretty much connected to superman. Sandman, i don't know. It would depend on neil gaiman's thought process.

Retired

Morpheus has a sister that is as Supergirl is to Superman. He has super-pets. He has a bottle city. He has a fortress of solitude. "A Game of You" features a quasi Bizarro Superman tale. He is an OP character whose actual vulnerability is his own code.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Morpheus has a sister that is as Supergirl is to Superman. He has super-pets. He has a bottle city. He has a fortress of solitude. "A Game of You" features a quasi Bizarro Superman tale. He is an OP character whose actual vulnerability is his own code.
    I know all that, if it's an intentional connection by the author. Then i am afraid, it doesn't qualify. It's the reason why astroboy or irongiant doesn't qualify.

Incredible Member magha_regulus's Avatar

Tarzan because he's an orphan that was raised away from his civilization by beings that weren't as evolved. Tarzan is super racist and problematic though so its a sucky reference, but the parallels are there.

Quote Originally Posted by magha_regulus View Post
    Tarzan because he's an orphan that was raised away from his civilization by beings that weren't as evolved. Tarzan is super racist and problematic though so its a sucky reference, but the parallels are there.
    Tarzan is actually one of the characters that inspired superman's creation. Tarzan is connected to superman directly.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Tarzan is actually one of the characters that inspired superman's creation. Tarzan is connected to superman directly.
    Technically Superman is connected to Tarzan.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Cliff Secord in THE ROCKETEER. One of my favourite flicks, and definitely one of the best superhero joints.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 05-09-2020 at 06:18 PM.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Colossus, stoic artist man of Steel from the collective. It never seems to come up but they're pretty compatible.
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

Colossus all the way!

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Well, that's connected to superman. Isn't it? They explicitly mention goldenage superman, the trilogy i mean. Glass, unbreakable and split.
    Did they? I was looking around because I remembered all the fake superheroes they made up for the movie and I'm not sure M. Night really credits Superman.
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Amazing Member

Hmm. I haven't seen that movie in ages. I don't remember any specific reference to Superman. Maybe? Never saw Glass or Split.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    Did they? I was looking around because I remembered all the fake superheroes they made up for the movie and I'm not sure M. Night really credits Superman.
    Well i remember them talking about how superman when started was a glorified strongman. So, a possibility of such beings living among us is possible.
    There are quotes like
    "the beast is not much more powerful than a strongman"

"and, then in 1938 the apotheosis happens, action comics #1 launched with the man in the capes and blue tights on the cover."

"I’m a comic book expert, Patricia. I believe comic books are a continuation of documentation that has gone on for centuries of what humans are capable of. That they are what someone somewhere saw or felt. Are you aware that spandex, the underwear on the outside, and boots come from strongmen in the circus in the 1930s?"

"Did you know the first Superman couldn’t even fly? And Metropolis is actually New York City. And what about all the coincidences in what I was reading?"

Maybe superman actually existed in the verse in 1930s and was killed by the organisation because he was unruly.Maybe in the verse siegel and shuster actually knew superman and wanted to get his story out. It's fun if you think about it.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 05-10-2020 at 06:37 AM.