Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    That’s interesting, because I’ve frequently heard that the X-Women haven’t been nearly as interesting since Chris Claremont left.
    * laughs in diamonds *

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

That’s interesting, because I’ve frequently heard that the X-Women haven’t been nearly as interesting since Chris Claremont left.
    Well...they've certainly not been written central to or featured prominently in those post-Claremont stories. So there could be some truth to that.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    This is true. But let’s be honest the Avengers Women are not that interesting or compelling as the X-Women.
    Because Avengers comics never give them time to shine (in the last two decades).

Even when they got their own team, A-Force, only two were actual Avengers members: She-Hulk and Captain Marvel. Singularity, Medusa, Dazzler and Nico were new.

Part of it is that being an X-men is part of a cause. While being an Avenger is just a job.
    Last edited by Will Evans; 05-21-2020 at 12:04 PM.

Krystalin from The Marvel Masterpieces 2 Collection #1 (July, 1994). Art by Bob Larkin.

Such a waste...they did very little with the character's power wise and personality
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Goblin Queen(Madelyne Pryor) & Goblin Princess(Meggan Braddock)

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Well...they've certainly not been written central to or featured prominently in those post-Claremont stories. So there could be some truth to that.
    I wouldnt agree. The ResurrXion was all about women stepping forward as the leads of the franchise. Kitty in Gold, Psylocke in Astonishing, Teen Jean in Blue, Jean in Red, Jubilee in Generation X, Magik in New Mutants: Dead Souls. The women were featured prominently in the Uncanny X-men relaunch of that era as well. Iceman and Old Man Logan were the only men that really got elevated during this period

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Point.
    Then it has to be that the characterisation and stories weren't all that great or memorable.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

I feel like Emma, Rogue, Psylocke and Kitty were very very prominent and well written well in the 00s and the first half of the 10s. They had ups and dows but it could be said for most characters, male and female.

I think Teen Jean, Red Jean, and Magik were fairly memorable. Gold Kitty was too (for very different reasons). Outside of that, most of that era can easily be overlooked for the X-Women.

Odd. I think the 10s kinda belonged to Psylocke in the Forces, Teen Jean in her teams, Kitty and Magik treaded water, and the rest kinda floundered.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    I feel like Emma, Rogue, Psylocke and Kitty were very very prominent and well written well in the 00s and the first half of the 10s. They had ups and dows but it could be said for most characters, male and female.
    Agreed...Emma was the star in the main books next to Cyclops... and Psylocke was always the protagonist in most of X-Force books.
    A picture would last longer darling...

BANNED

Well, X-Women sure have been more relevant than the Avenger Women.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Because Avengers comics never give them time to shine (in the last two decades).

Even when they got their own team, A-Force, only two were actual Avengers members: She-Hulk and Captain Marvel. Singularity, Medusa, Dazzler and Nico were new.

Part of it is that being an X-men is part of a cause. While being an Avenger is just a job.
    That’s because they were not relevant. And the A-Force was made up of Female Characters that not many people cared about or wanted to see. To be honest the roster was a bit lackluster.

Maybe people are not interested in a All Female Team?? I don’t know. But I’m sure if they threw in some X-Women that are more interesting than: Medusa, Nico, Singularity it could have been a selling book. Who knows.

Who are the most prominent and/or iconic Avengers women?

Top Tier

Wasp
    Black Widow
    She-Hulk
    Captain Marvel
    Scarlet Witch

Mid Tier
    Spectrum
    Thor (Jane)
    Firestar
    Spider-Woman

A-Force missed the mark by not even using most of these

Extraordinary Member

What Avengers lack in prominent women, they make up in prominent PoC.

One team before Secret Wars was Falcon, Luke Cage, Monica Rambeau, Blade, Power Man, White Tiger, Blue Marvel with just Doc Ock Spider-Man and She-Hulk as non-PoC.

You couldn’t do the same with X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    You couldn’t do the same with X-Men.
    A challenge!