Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    ♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

Default What is Teen Jean's haircut really trying to tell us?

Would an authentic teen try to pull this off?

no.

1967.jpg

the dutch boy (aka the pageboy or the prince valiant) is a (sadly) common haircut for the older women who try to get a little kicky in their dotage and end up only amplifying their age-induced frump.

see ex 1a (katie holmes, the preternaturally aged momfrump)

Is Marvel insinuating that inside the teen body of Jean Grey lies the eternal heart of a frumpy frau? Is frump just not the complete essence of Jean sans Phoenix?

Is the Phoenix the ultimate essence of life, vitality and vigor and that Jean Grey is as inert and as basic as a North Face vest, suede ankle boots and a Mocha Chai from Starbucks ("Ashley" or "Katie" sharpied on the cup, natch)?

They are slowly but surely changing Teen Jean into a butch lesbian. You just wait and watch, its happening! :P

P.S. This thread makes me feel old. Why you do that to me?

Yes. To everything.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wissenschaft View Post
    They are slowly but surely changing Teen Jean into a butch lesbian. You just wait and watch, its happening! :P

P.S. This thread makes me feel old. Why you do that to me?
    Seems Marvel thinks a woman can only be a leader if they get a butch cut. Every female hero they push as a leader gets her hair cut.

To me, it looks less like Jean Grey and more like Gen 13's Fairchild after breast reduction surgery.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    To me, it looks less like Jean Grey and more like Gen 13's Fairchild after breast reduction surgery.
    She does!

But isn't said women cut their hair after rough periods in their life as a sign of frustration or a drastic change in their outlook?
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Honestly Jean's haircut is the only dark spot out of all the things I'm looking forward to with the new x-books.

It's terrible. I never thought I'd care so much about an aesthetic point of my favorite character. But I admit this just irks me.

That being said, isn't this thread a little frivolous? I've seen content heavy threads locked for being much less irrelevant. Really I think all character/specific topics should just be directed to individual character threads (if they have one).
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Quote Originally Posted by Calaigah View Post
    Seems Marvel thinks a woman can only be a leader if they get a butch cut. Every female hero they push as a leader gets her hair cut.
    That's interesting. I hadn't noticed that before. Is it really a trend?

If so that's hilarious. I guess we can't have any qualities that are perceived as feminine in a book leader.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Are you guys serious? This is FAR from a "butch cut". And well, on that particular image, her hair looks good. I can't say the same for XMB and her solo covers though.

BANNED

Even perennial X-Moms like Moira, Mystique and Domino sported this haircut. It's not butch, just old.

BANNED

Lmao I don't think it's a butch cut. It can work for her.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    That's interesting. I hadn't noticed that before. Is it really a trend?

If so that's hilarious. I guess we can't have any qualities that are perceived as feminine in a book leader.
    I don't think it's butch like the others have said but you're right that there's a strange vein within Marvel now that pushes down feminine qualities when they decide to have a leader that's a woman as some sort of "girl power" kick.

It's no Charlize Flux, I'll tell you that.

Butch haircut. No longer in a relationship with Cyclops. Mystery new team member yet to be announced... Hmm.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Are you guys serious? This is FAR from a "butch cut". And well, on that particular image, her hair looks good. I can't say the same for XMB and her solo covers though.
    To be honest, I was being facetious. I read the OP and assume this was a troll post so I went with a troll response. Don't take it too seriously. :P

camooon jean, join the x-gals in the fun and bring the never ending sub text into TEXT