Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Alex. View Post
    I thought that was x-men, that had Storm, Rachel, Kitty and Rogue. But it flopped, I guess.
    That's too bad. I really enjoyed the artwork, though:

Last edited by K7P5V; 05-11-2020 at 03:45 AM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    So much old guard.

Oh my Goodness that is BEAUTIFUL!!!!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Ooh, Loa and Wind-Dancer and... uh, is that a super-pissed-off Wallflower? Yikes!

If there was ever an X-ladies version of DC's super-hero girls, I'm not sure I'd want it to be teeny version of the established adult ladies like Jean, Emma and Storm (which is kind of how DC has gone with it), but maybe that's necessary for it to be marketable, as opposed to my preference, which would be an X-teen-girls made out of real teen/tween X-girls, like Bling!, Loa, Dust, Surge, Shark Girl, Nature Girl, X-23, etc. Even the 'New Mutants' generation girls (Dani, Rahne, Magik, Skids, Magma) and the Gen X generation (Monet, Paige), feel established enough that a teen girl cartoon with them in it would feel like a step back.

Still, teen Jean, Storm, Rogue, Dazzler, Emma, etc. could be fun, so who knows...

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Preach on all of this. I hate when they do that. Even if Wood's work wasn't the best, his X-Women team at least didn't come together or exist solely because they were female or wanted to make a female only group. It was quite organic. But X-Men teams have always had a big female component, so it's easy to do so.
    Exactly....specially within the X-Men: most of the most important ladies are the most qualified and powerful members. I mean, if you put Storm, Jean, Rogue, Emma, Polaris and Betsy (as Psylocke or Captain Britain) on a team they can go up against a huge array of threats.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    That's too bad. I really enjoyed the artwork, though:

This was indeed a dream come true when announced....the line-up, Wood and Coipel were all I ever hoped for. The book derailed because of the god awful event Battle of the Atom was forced upo us and made the book loose all the momentum. Of course loosing Rogue and Kitty was terrible as well.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Look at them slaying. A book with this team could have been amazing too.

So I recently read X-Women with the art by Milo Manara and I was wondering... What's the general thought on that? Because it was awful for me. Such a nice team and art for a fanfiction-y story.
    I'd actually never heard of it till now, so I looked it up and....yeah. Perhaps forgotten for a good reason lol but my morbid curiosity is screaming at me to try and read it

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    look at this absolute serve I can't..do you happen to know the artist?

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    I remember how thrilled I was about this series..Coipel, why might as well have been (and still be) god Himself to me, on art. Brian Wood, at that point still respected and seen as promising after his time on the previous volume. If only I knew how quickly all that would unravel lol
    Same. Coipel is still my current favorite comic artist and I did really like this book to begin with. Oh well, the art is still pretty to look at, at least haha
    Make Good Art

BANNED

look at this absolute serve I can't..do you happen to know the artist?
    Hunt for Wolverine Mystery In Madripoor

It was drawn by Thony Siles

you mean to tell me that's from an actual issue?? sometimes god is truly good and just <3

BANNED

Preach on all of this. I hate when they do that. Even if Wood's work wasn't the best, his X-Women team at least didn't come together or exist solely because they were female or wanted to make a female only group. It was quite organic. But X-Men teams have always had a big female component, so it's easy to do so.
    While that book didn’t get good until GWW became the writer at the very end, it’s still a crime that it was replaced by an absolutely atrocious all-female Avengers book.

you mean to tell me that's from an actual issue?? sometimes god is truly good and just <3
    It’s too bad that mini was terrible. Felt ghostwritten by Guggs and a real dissappointment after Zub’s great Uncanny Avengers arc.

Bachalo was originally supposed to be the artist, but his wife died and Chris obviously had to take a hiatus. Silas’ art was some of the worst **** I’ve seen on an X-book and that was in an era when there were barely any good artists on the franchise to begin with.
    Last edited by Maestroneto; 05-11-2020 at 11:00 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Oh my Goodness that is BEAUTIFUL!!!!
    IKR? Sadly, it's someone's commission and AFAIK there's no prints available for sale.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Jeff Dekal is serving some of my favourite X-Women
    Jean Grey by Dekal 01.jpg
    Storm by Dekal 07 detail.jpg
    Emma Frost by Dekal 03.jpg
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

some more bored fan art projects....mixing some x-gals with the steven universe gem concept

GemsX.jpg
    A picture would last longer darling...

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    some more bored fan art projects....mixing some x-gals with the steven universe gem concept

GemsX.jpg
    OMG love it. What are their gems?

BANNED

avengers ladies just dont have the range