Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Maybe it’s just me, but if Marvel wants to give competition to the DC Superhero Girls franchise, they really should create an X-Women one.
    I thought that was x-men, that had Storm, Rachel, Kitty and Rogue. But it flopped, I guess.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alex. View Post
    I thought that was x-men, that had Storm, Rachel, Kitty and Rogue. But it flopped, I guess.
    I’m not talking about a single comic series, but in competition to this:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/DC_Super_Hero_Girls

BANNED

Why are all the X-Women so sexy? Rogue and Emma the sexiest of all.

That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    Oh yeah Moira counts now too!
    Why, Moira counted for me since the beginning! There's no need to be a mutant for being an X-Woman!

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    some Sailor Moon/X-Women experiments I've done:

as Sailors:

Attachment 96491
    OMG, I love it!

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    Gorgeous.

Thanks to Ambaryerno for bringing up the new generation.

I can't help posting some awesome pieces by Kevin Wada.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Awww yeaaah. I love the X-Ladies.

X-Men_Vol_4_1_Textless.jpg

Maybe it’s just me, but if Marvel wants to give competition to the DC Superhero Girls franchise, they really should create an X-Women one.
    They definitely should. With Marvel Animation under Feige now, it would be nice to see any X-Men animation, but I'm not holding out hope that we'll see it anytime soon.
    Make Good Art

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Kevin Wada is a God!!!
    Wada Dazzler.jpg
    Wada Karma.jpg
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 05-10-2020 at 07:55 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    It'd be amazing if they did a book like this with a rotating cast. Like the equivalent of A-Force.
    The trouble with female-dominated (or only) teams is that they often feel forced or placed in the wrong creative hands or some combination of both. Half-heartedly chucked together because I guess someone out there wants it and its the age of diversity, we have to.

why can't these interesting, complex and powerful women dominate a lineup because of their skills, their prowess? Why can they not be there because, quite simply, they are best-suited for the mission at hand? The best there is at what they do, if you will, lol. This is when the best work will come to fruition, the best developments, and it will thrive because its what we really want to see: the merits of these characters, the merits that we can see just fine, reflected in the work.

We don't like these characters solely because of their womanhood - this is but one aspect of their fictional beings- so why should we be pleased when this is the single aspect of these characters that is fixated upon in the work that highlights them ?

we see this kind of work in spurts, stop-starts thru the years , and I hope to see them get longer and longer as we chug ever forwards

Quote Originally Posted by Alex. View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    I remember how thrilled I was about this series..Coipel, why might as well have been (and still be) god Himself to me, on art. Brian Wood, at that point still respected and seen as promising after his time on the previous volume. If only I knew how quickly all that would unravel lol

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Kevin Wada is a God!!!
    seconded. I love the fashion of his work, the elegance, something that can be glossed over too often in the realm of comic book art. When are we ever allowed to see Karma serving this?? Not often enough !!

That would be adorable.... you are right on the money there.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    The trouble with female-dominated (or only) teams is that they often feel forced or placed in the wrong creative hands or some combination of both. Half-heartedly chucked together because I guess someone out there wants it and its the age of diversity, we have to.

why can't these interesting, complex and powerful women dominate a lineup because of their skills, their prowess? Why can they not be there because, quite simply, they are best-suited for the mission at hand? The best there is at what they do, if you will, lol. This is when the best work will come to fruition, the best developments, and it will thrive because its what we really want to see: the merits of these characters, the merits that we can see just fine, reflected in the work.

We don't like these characters solely because of their womanhood - this is but one aspect of their fictional beings- so why should we be pleased when this is the single aspect of these characters that is fixated upon in the work that highlights them ?

we see this kind of work in spurts, stop-starts thru the years , and I hope to see them get longer and longer as we chug ever forwards

Preach on all of this. I hate when they do that. Even if Wood's work wasn't the best, his X-Women team at least didn't come together or exist solely because they were female or wanted to make a female only group. It was quite organic. But X-Men teams have always had a big female component, so it's easy to do so.

Wood initial pitch and cast was perfect. but all went nutts when Rogue and Kitty where out of the book , Even if i love Monet this book was to be a celebration of the Clareamazons and Karima and Monet dont fall there.

If Rogue and Kitty stayed in the team and the team when "main book" it would have a bigger and more nice impact.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagnus View Post
    Wood initial pitch and cast was perfect. but all went nutts when Rogue and Kitty where out of the book , Even if i love Monet this book was to be a celebration of the Clareamazons and Karima and Monet dont fall there.

If Rogue and Kitty stayed in the team and the team when "main book" it would have a bigger and more nice impact.
    Yeah, losing them was bad. They could have added Monet and Karima in the second arc without losing Rogue and Kitty. Since Rogue didn't have Wonder Man powers, she wouldn't have overlapped too much with Monet as another bruiser (and they had 3 telepaths so I don't think they were looking for separate roles anyway). Rogue by Coipel was stunning.

BANNED

Look at them slaying. A book with this team could have been amazing too.

So I recently read X-Women with the art by Milo Manara and I was wondering... What's the general thought on that? Because it was awful for me. Such a nice team and art for a fanfiction-y story.