Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    BANNED

Spider-Woman #1 Apr 1978
    "...A Future Uncertain!"
    Spider-Woman is inside a grocery store after closing hours thinking of stealing food.
    She continues to contemplate what to do with her life and who she really is and decides not to steal.
    Sneaking out of the store, she is confronted by Jerry Hunt, who tries to stop her. However, Spider-Woman manages to escape,

although Jerry manages to grab her mask and pull it off, and swears that he's seen her face before.
    Returning to the apartment that she lives in (all to aware of everyone's fear of her) Spider-Woman retires for the night.

She dreams of the brief time she spent with Modred the Mystic and the facts about her past that he revealed:
    How she wasn't one of the New Men (as was thought by Otto Vermis), but a real girl: Jessica Drew, the daughter of Jonathan and Miriam Drew.
    They worked with Herbert Wyndham (later known as the High Evolutionary) on Wundagore Mountain.
    Jessica fell victim to radiation poisoning, and her father treated her. Her mother, however, would eventually die.
    Failing to find a cure for Jessica's condition, Jonathan would leave Wundagore, leaving Wyndham to try and find a cure for the girl's radiation poisoning.
    Infusing her with the DNA of a spider, he put her in suspended animation for years, slowing her aging process
    until she developed an immunity to the radiation and would rise with the fantastic powers she would later use as Spider-Woman.
    The rest of Jessica's past was just as Vermis had told her.

The next day, Jessica tries to find a job, but during her job-hunting she is spotted once more by Jerry Hunt, who once more tries to stop her.
    Jessica changes into Spider-Woman and makes her escape. Deciding to disguise herself once more, she creates a new mask and dyes her hair black.

Going out as Spider-Woman once more, she would later find Jerry trying to stop some crooks who are armed with hi-tech lasers.
    Jerry is injured in the fight, and Spider-Woman swoops in and comes to his rescue. Knocking out the crooks, she is soon confronted by officers of Scotland Yard.

Spider-Woman grabs the injured Jerry and flies away to a hospital, where she administers a blood transfusion giving him some of her fast-healing blood for a faster recovery.
    Spider-Woman leaves the scene, leaving Jerry to wonder at the truth behind this mysterious woman.

Script by Marv Wolfman, pencils by Carmine Infantino, inks by Tony DeZuniga.

For those that don't venture to the other board...Jess is in Venom 165. Hmmm.

VENOM-7.jpg
    Last edited by Seren; 04-20-2018 at 07:40 AM.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Astonishing Member

I have to say, unlike Peter Parker, Jessica Drew never looked too much like a real spider. Sure, she can climb walls and shoots venom; but she doesn't have webs and the gliding thing is not very usual from spiders in general.

Sometimes I wonder, what it could happen if Jessica loses his original powers and gained new ones, more similar to Spider-Man's ones. Just like what happened to Araña/Spider-Girl in Spider-Island. I'm pretty sure Jessica would find Peter's Spider-Sense VERY useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    I have to say, unlike Peter Parker, Jessica Drew never looked too much like a real spider. Sure, she can climb walls and shoots venom; but she doesn't have webs and the gliding thing is not very usual from spiders in general.

Sometimes I wonder, what it could happen if Jessica loses his original powers and gained new ones, more similar to Spider-Man's ones. Just like what happened to Araña/Spider-Girl in Spider-Island. I'm pretty sure Jessica would find Peter's Spider-Sense VERY useful.
    It was Spider-Verse where she started being more active in the Spider-Men side of the comics world (not to mention her book being run by the Spider-office)

Prior to that she was pretty exclusively an Avengers character, and her relation to other Spider characters was relegated to occasional team-ups.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post

I'm really against this, Anya receiving the same-ish powers as Peter's when she had her own ones was lame, it'd be just as lame with Jessica.

Agreed. I think Jessica's power set is pretty unique...well. Miles has the venom blasts but so far Jess is the only Spider who can glide(I think?) and has the pheromone thing. I think she's also the only Spider who can't Thwip.

But yeah as said above, Jess didn't start moving to the Spider part of things until Spider-Verse.

That said my favorite thing about Jess is that her origins have NOTHING to do with Peter.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    Agreed. I think Jessica's power set is pretty unique...well. Miles has the venom blasts but so far Jess is the only Spider who can glide(I think?) and has the pheromone thing. I think she's also the only Spider who can't Thwip.
    Both of their Venom Blasts only have the same name though, Jessica's is basicaly a projectile and Miles' is Bendis Force and those energy webs, as for her being the only Spider who can't thwip, well, Julia has webs but they're those Psi-webs, which are basicaly a much weaker Green Lantern's ring if I'm not wrong, Mattie had those too since she had Julia's powers but I don't think she used them, Charlotte also had them because she had stolen Julia's powers, but never used them.

BANNED

Happy Birthday to the late GREAT Carmine Infantino!!!

Spider-Woman #2 May 1978
    "A Sword In Hand!"
    Jessica Drew as Spider-Woman, finds herself drawn to Britain's Natural History Museum in London, and specifically towards Morgan le Fay's Excalibur.
    However before she can pull the sword out of the stone, she is confronted by officers of Scotland Yard and is forced to flee.
    This gives Jason "Slapper" Struthers, a moment alone to pull the sword out himself.
    In doing so, he is connected through the ages to Morgan le Fay, who chooses him to be her tool in the modern age.
    She sends the soul of a knight to possess Struthers' body changing him into her warrior, Excaliber.
    When the police officers hear the commotion, Excaliber attacks them, drawing Spider-Woman back to defend them,

but she is knocked out by one of his mystical blasts for long enough to allow him to escape.

Later, as Jessica Drew, Spider-Woman attempts to find employment with minimual success.
    Walking the streets of London she is drawn into the shop of Charles Magnus, who promises to read her fortune for free. He tells her that he sees a great destiny in store for her.
    Meanwhile, Morgan le Fay causes Struthers to transform into Excaliber once more and sends him on a rampage towards Magnus' shop to destroy a book of spells.
    This attracts the attention of SHIELD agent Jerry Hunt, and Jessica Drew, who goes into action as Spider-Woman.
    She battles Excaliber and manages to defeat him, knocking the sword from his hand and causing Excaliber to revert back into Struthers.

After the battle, Magnus convinces Spider-Woman to join him in traveling to America, a request she accepts.
    However, she leaves a note for Jerry advising her where she has gone, pinned to Struthers' sweater.

In reading the note, Hunt decides to take a leave of absence from his work with Scotland Yard to go to America.

Script by Marv Wolfman, pencils by Carmine Infantino https://13thdimension.com/carmine-in...the-lightning/, inks by Tony DeZuniga.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    keep the red outfit! Classic! Giver her a page cut for a while, though.

re: Marvel Heroes-- well, technically if they gave her the black/white outfit, that would be Julia Carpenter. Then there's the "Spider-Girl" outfit, lol.

I still want to see a romance with Spider-Man. I don't care. It's way past time.
    The red outfit is fine by me.

BANNED

Spider-Woman #3 Jun 1978
    "The Peril of -- Brother Grimm"
    Brother Grimm goes on a crime spree

and Spider-Woman tries to stop him.

Script by Marv Wolfman, pencils by Carmine Infantino, inks by Tony DeZuniga.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    Julia Carpenter has a different power set compared to Jessica Drew. Hell, Ultimate Jessica Drew has more in common with Peter than Jessica.
    This character is dead right?

Not according to Web Warriors and Spider-Men II.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

has jessica's tenure in spider-force begun yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    has jessica's tenure in spider-force begun yet?
    Spider-Force #1 comes out October 31.

So by Spider-Force #3, do you think Jess will be taking on Verna solo?