View Poll Results: Who do you NEVER want to see again in the pages of Wonder Woman?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Aleka

3 7.50%
  • The Dark Gods (Karnell, etc.)

7 17.50%
  • Derinoe

1 2.50%
  • Egg Fu

4 10.00%
  • First Born

6 15.00%
  • The Gorilla Knights (Tolifhar, etc.)

4 10.00%
  • Grail

7 17.50%
  • I-Ching

3 7.50%
  • Jason

25 62.50%
  • Maxwell Lord

4 10.00%
  • Mike Schorr

1 2.50%
  • The Morrigan

1 2.50%
  • Zeus

4 10.00%
  • Zola

4 10.00%
  • Other

1 2.50%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Most Disliked Wonder Woman Character

Branching out from the Controversial Opinions thread, who are the characters in Wonder Woman's world that you just really, really dislike? Who do you NEVER want to grace the pages of Wonder Woman?

I've selected a list of characters that have been divisive on this forum and elsewhere. That's not to say everyone dislikes these characters; every character has a superfan behind them. But these fourteen characters have been met with controversy by many in the Wonder Woman fanbase.

Let's keep it civil, of course!

Probably Jason.

Max would probably be my second though my dislike by this point is more in DC mandating it and refusing to move from on it than any of his actual stories by this point. Definitely don't like he's in the upcoming movie over a WW villain.

The rest to me range from I'm either apathetic about them or like them well enough.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

I accidentally voted for Jason and the Dark Gods but now that I think about it, they could be redeemed by another writer. Their concepts aren't bad, it was the execution that made them unlikable.

As for the actual characters I don't want to see again, those would be anyone created by Azzarello with the the worst of them all being dull as gray, plot-device Zola. Aleka, the First Born, and Dessa can stay in Limbo for eternity for all I care.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

I liked the Morrigan. A tiumvate of ancient goddesses headquartered in the penthouse of a skyscraper, what's not to like? They should have returned before Nemesis and while I'm on the 600's subject the Dark Man and Cernunnos were good too. I don't hate Aleka either, she's a poor knockoff of Artemis but it's not her fault. The same is true for Derinoe being a fake Magala. And as far as I'm concerned First Born can come back for a rematch.

Thumbs up

Jason is the only character I can't stand. I want him gone forever. I think his existence is a cheap gimmick that has added nothing to the Wonder Woman Mythos.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    I accidentally voted for Jason and the Dark Gods but now that I think about it, they could be redeemed by another writer. Their concepts aren't bad, it was the execution that made them unlikable.

As for the actual characters I don't want to see again, those would be anyone created by Azzarello with the the worst of them all being dull as gray, plot-device Zola. Aleka, the First Born, and Dessa can stay in Limbo for eternity for all I care.
    Yeah I hate Zola with a white hot passion, but Strife and some other Azzarello creations could stick around, but they won't though. It's sort of a waste but mostly the only thing remaining is wretched Daddy Zeus.

Jason

Most of the other characters I could argue are bad execution or poorly used that could be salvaged.
    Jason was a bad idea, terribly executed, and his very existence is a constant reminder of the awful daddy-Zeus retcon. Another unnecessary "dark secret" from Diana's past mandated by editors who they tried build up in the worst possible way: make him better than her at almost everything.

The last thing Wonder Woman ever needed was a deadbeat brother whose whole arc consisted of failing upward.

I’m not sure I dislike any Wonder characters in particular, but many have been lackluster and not terribly exciting or extremely poor ideas to add to the Wonder mythos.

I think Jason could be salvaged with some clever writing and soap operatic revelations, but I’m not holding my breath for it to happen.

I’ve found some of the other mythological pantheons not interesting, not because of who they are, but how they were used.

Weirdly, I never warmed up to or thought Lennox was interesting or a standout character, but I enjoyed a lot of the other Azz characters even if I didn’t agree with the retcon of Zeus being Diana’s father and the DCnU depiction of the Amazons and other elements.

The “character” I most want to see disappear is Diana’s sword. Lol.

Jason only because Zeus as Diana’s father isn’t an option. I object to the make injection into Wonder Herstory.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post

I'm with you!!

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Gonna have to go with Jason. That went to crap almost immediately.

I'm not wild about the Azzarello characters and I can't say I miss them now that they are gone, but they worked within the story that they took part in. I almost regret bashing Lennox and the other siblings as much as I did after experiencing Jason because they are way better than he is.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    The “character” I most want to see disappear is Diana’s sword. Lol.
    Heh. For me it's Zeus...but that sword isn't far behind.

Jason, Egg Fu and I Ching.

Amazing Member

I voted for (actually against ) Jason and Grail.

Enough has been said about Jason. Regarding Grail, I really have difficulties to imagine any Amazon chosing to lie with Darkseid, and I'm more than a little sick of the 'child as a living weapon' topic. Myrina, Darkseid, and Grail are just a dark mirror of Hippolyta, Zeus, and Diana. I didn't like the idea of Diana as a weapon against Ares (that was especially in the movie - I think the comics didn't use that idea so much). Having this once is bad enough - having it repeated/mirrored doesn't make it better.

Also, the same plot hole exists for Myrina as for Hippolyta - how can she be pregnant on an island of only females, without raising suspicion and questions? Even if we assume the 'sex pirate' thing, it should be common knowledge who was on the last raid, and who wasn't.

In both women’s cases, they need a magical co-conspirator.