View Poll Results: Who do you NEVER want to see again in the pages of Wonder Woman?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Aleka

3 7.50%
  • The Dark Gods (Karnell, etc.)

7 17.50%
  • Derinoe

1 2.50%
  • Egg Fu

4 10.00%
  • First Born

6 15.00%
  • The Gorilla Knights (Tolifhar, etc.)

4 10.00%
  • Grail

7 17.50%
  • I-Ching

3 7.50%
  • Jason

25 62.50%
  • Maxwell Lord

4 10.00%
  • Mike Schorr

1 2.50%
  • The Morrigan

1 2.50%
  • Zeus

4 10.00%
  • Zola

4 10.00%
  • Other

1 2.50%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    What a thinly-veiled "crap on Jason" thread.
    It was a group effort!
    Doctor Bifrost

"If Roy G. Bivolo had seen some B&W pencil sketches, his whole life would have turned out differently." http://doctorbifrost.blogspot.com/

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I don't think I've seen a new character be reviled so quickly the way Jason has.

I mean Damian didn't go over well with a lot of readers initially, but then he became very popular. Jason was hated from practically the word "go" and stayed that way and was pretty much Poochie'd at the end of the run. And it was fully deserved.

For me that is easily Jason and any of the Zeus parentage tripe unless it is Cassie since that was a new character and it was already established.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I don't think I've seen a new character be reviled so quickly the way Jason has.

I mean Damian didn't go over well with a lot of readers initially, but then he became very popular. Jason was hated from practically the word "go" and stayed that way and was pretty much Poochie'd at the end of the run. And it was fully deserved.
    I even liked the idea of the concept, which already put me in a minority, but myself ended up being shocked at just the low effort put into making him anything resembling a three-dimensional character.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I even liked the idea of the concept, which already put me in a minority, but myself ended up being shocked at just the low effort put into making him anything resembling a three-dimensional character.
    They had an easy out but instead forced him as a true sibling. Since Rebirth revealed the Nu52 reality to be false, he could have been some sort of mystic leftover or refugee from that reality. Not truly a brother, but a spiritual one. Even better now that Doomsday Clock revealed the nu52 to be on its own Earth... so he can exist over there, with the man hating Amazon's and endless Zeus storyline...lol. and this Rebirth Earth can restore Diana back to her traditional creation....
    Last edited by wonder39; 05-17-2020 at 03:39 PM.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post

For what it's worth, Damian was introduced as "this kid is bad news."

Jason, if memory serves (and I'll be glad if my memory of that brat has faded), was introduced as "Diana but better." No amount of work can make that albatross around his neck fly.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wonder39 View Post
    They had an easy out but instead forced him as a true sibling. Since Rebirth revealed the Nu52 reality to be false, he could have been some sort of mystic leftover or refugee from that reality. Not truly a brother, but a spiritual one. Even better now that Doomsday Clock revealed the nu52 to be on its own Earth... so he can exist over there, with the man hating Amazon's and and less Zeus storyline...lol. and this Rebirth Earth can restore Diana back to her traditional creation....

I think that's the best solution at this point. Bringing back Jason, Aleka, Dessa, etc. would just rub salt in Wonder Woman's wounds.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    For what it's worth, Damian was introduced as "this kid is bad news."

Jason, if memory serves (and I'll be glad if my memory of that brat has faded), was introduced as "Diana but better." No amount of work can make that albatross around his neck fly.
    Yeah, I think Damian was intended to be somewhat divisive even in-universe whereas Jason has all hallmarks of a bad fanfic OC.