Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Highly recommended:

Lazarus
    Velvet
    Rat Queens
    Death Vigil
    Favorites: Natasha Romanova, Dinah Lance, Janet Van Dyne, Selina Kyle, Emma Frost, Kitty Pryde, Kate Bishop, Sharon Carter, Sue Storm Richards, Carol Danvers

Lazarus and Velvet are both really great! I still need to check out Rat Queens, I've heard so much about it. I picked up Copperhead #1 yesterday, and holy cow is it excellent. If your local shop still has it, give it a try (or, y'know, comixology and what not...)

Stray Bullets - this series was ground breaking in the 90's

If you have the money buy the Uber Allies edition, it will be the best money you have ever spent. The new series Stray Bullets: Killers is just picking up where it left off. You are missing out if you haven't read either.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fn Man View Post
    Stray Bullets - this series was ground breaking in the 90's

If you have the money buy the Uber Allies edition, it will be the best money you have ever spent. The new series Stray Bullets: Killers is just picking up where it left off. You are missing out if you haven't read either.
    ...and, comiXology is running a bundle right now for the entire first series (41 issues) and the first 5 issues of Killers for $40. Killer deal, DRM free, and a great series. I'm a trade waiter for everything, except I do read the new SB when it comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by Hero View Post
    ...and, comiXology is running a bundle right now for the entire first series (41 issues) and the first 5 issues of Killers for $40. Killer deal, DRM free, and a great series. I'm a trade waiter for everything, except I do read the new SB when it comes out.
    I have a ton of the collected edition, bought dirt cheap, but have never cracked them open. They have sat on my shelf for years, silently shaming me. I should really remedy that.

Strange Embrace is an absolute must read.

Quote Originally Posted by Turn the Page View Post
    Dead Body Road by Justin Jordan and Matteo Scalera is also worth checking out.
    Took a trip to my lcs today for the heck of it and they had all 6 issues. Man this was an awesome thrill ride from beginning to end. It started fast and just kept going. Really enjoyed it.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by friendly-fire-press View Post
    Southern Bastards is one of my favourites. I highly recommend that one!
    I am with you on this one. When I first saw the cover, it reminded me of my girlfriend. After showing her the cover she was really intrigued. Now we both wait for the next issue to come out.

Anyone reading The Mercenary Sea? How is that?

Image titles I'm currently reading and definitely recommend:

The Fade Out
    God Hates Astronauts
    Copperhead
    Oddly Normal
    Imperial
    Harley Quinn, New Suicide Squad, Grayson, Batgirl, Red Sonja, The Mighty Thor, Catwoman, Bitch Planet, Secret Six, Silk, Descender, Sabrina, Archie, JLA, DC Bombshells, Black Magick, Paper Girls, Tokyo Ghost, Vampirella, Scarlet Witch, A-Force, Extraordinary X-Men, X-Men '92, The Legend of Wonder Woman, All-New Wolverine, Power Rangers, Hellcat, Monstress, Descender

Aspiring Underachiever Turn the Page's Avatar

Mercenary Sea is awesome, it's set just before the United States enter WW2 and when Japan invaded China. I've got a history degree so I enjoyed the book for a number of reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by quinnzel View Post
    Image titles I'm currently reading and definitely recommend:

The Fade Out
    God Hates Astronauts
    Copperhead
    Oddly Normal
    Imperial
    I picked up Oddly Normal and Copperhead, and I completely second those, and The Fade Out of course. I'll have to check out the other two, thanks!

God Hates Astronauts people! It's only 2 issues in. Get it now and be loving life!
    Anne Bonnie, Princess Ugg, Five Ghosts, Saga, Rat Queens, Groo, Goon, Usagi Yojimbo, Sixth Gun, Wasteland, Courtney Crumrin, Jonah Hex, Walking Dead, Manifest Destiny, God Hates Astronauts, Spread, Fearless Dawn, Nailbiter, Copperhead, Stray Bullets, Birthright, Bone, Lazarus

BANNED

My favorite Image title right now is Lazarus, with Morning Glories right behind it. After that, The Fuse. Umbral is good. East of West is good. Saga is losing me. The Trees is interesting so far.

Quote Originally Posted by johnmahananda View Post
    My favorite Image title right now is Lazarus, with Morning Glories right behind it. After that, The Fuse. Umbral is good. East of West is good. Saga is losing me. The Trees is interesting so far.
    I love Lazarus. Bought the first couple of issues of The Fuse too and enjoyed it.. but it didn't feel anything more than a regular cop book. Does the sci-fi pick up at all?

I bought the first issue of East of West when it released last year, but because of my budget and me being caught up in the Marvel NOW launch, I didn't keep reading. I mean to look for some back issues and catch up now.