Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    I've been reading mostly Image titles recently: Black Road, The Goddamned, and Moonshine. I'm currently working my way through Fatale and I'm wondering what I should collect next?

Non Image titles I've enjoyed include Scalped and Unknown Soldier. Any recommendations would be appreciated.
    Manifest Destiny
    Monstress
    East of West
    Lazarus
    Birthright
    Kill or Be Killed (same writer as Fatale)
    Last edited by sven; 11-29-2017 at 01:32 AM.

I’d recommend Thief of Thieves for those who like a good heist caper with a fair bit of violence.

I've been so out of the loop comic wise for a while. What are the best Image Comics that have started since the beginning of last year? I'm looking for some new things to read.

Quote Originally Posted by C_Miller View Post
    I've been so out of the loop comic wise for a while. What are the best Image Comics that have started since the beginning of last year? I'm looking for some new things to read.
    Kill or Be Killed launched in August 2016. And it's been fantastic ever since.

Quote Originally Posted by C_Miller View Post
    The Realm
    Extremity
    The Old Guard
    Shirtless Bear Fighter (mini)
    Scales and Scoundrels

Astonishing Member

Port of Earth is really good.

And Seven to Eternity...

Fantastic Member

Primarily a dc/marvel reader here that has read (at least some of) and enjoyed:

Descender
    The Wicked + The Divine
    Saga
    Paper Girls
    Black Monday Murders
    Wytches
    Most Remender books

Anyone have recommendations on logical next books to try? I’ve thought about Kill or be Killed, Nailbiter, Rumble, Lazarus, or Jupiter’s Legacy. I love image as a diversion from reg superhero dc/marvel stuff, and their trades are amazing quality. I’d be open to trying most anything they put out.

Quote Originally Posted by soundsci View Post
    Primarily a dc/marvel reader here that has read (at least some of) and enjoyed:

Descender
    The Wicked + The Divine
    Saga
    Paper Girls
    Black Monday Murders
    Wytches
    Most Remender books

Anyone have recommendations on logical next books to try? I’ve thought about Kill or be Killed, Nailbiter, Rumble, Lazarus, or Jupiter’s Legacy. I love image as a diversion from reg superhero dc/marvel stuff, and their trades are amazing quality. I’d be open to trying most anything they put out.
    Kill or Be Killed and Lazarus are both great choices. East of West is also amazing.

Fantastic Member

I just picked up 2 new series Gideon Falls and Oblivion Song . Excellent reads so added to pull list . Also currently collecting East of West , Lazarus , Saga and Seven to Eternity . I will have to look into Kill or Be Killed thanks .

Spectacular Member

i want to get into image, so far i have started reading invincible,issue 15 atm.

any recommendations for image beginners?

Quote Originally Posted by Oryo23 View Post
    i want to get into image, so far i have started reading invincible,issue 15 atm.

any recommendations for image beginners?
    What genre/types of stories do you like? Any preferred art styles, or maybe things you don't like?
    There's a lot of Image options out there.

Invincible has you covered for another 130 or so issues, and it also had some cross-over stuff with Tech Jacket I believe.
    Other good superhero books from Image are Savage Dragon (another long-running one) and C.O.W.L. (that one's very short). Plus there's classic series like Witchblade and Spawn if you prefer that 90s aesthetic.

Outside of superheroes is where you'll find the more varied stuff though, in my opinion.
    For horror series you can't go wrong with The Walking Dead, Revival, Nailbiter, Green Wake, or Severed.
    In fantasy the big titles are Autumnlands, Monstress, Rat Queens, and Saga.
    Good sci-fi options are Descender, Invisible Republic, Saga again, Black Science, Prophet, etc.
    For comedy I would check out Snotgirl, The End Times of Bram & Ben, I Hate Fairyland, God Hates Astronauts, Sex Criminals.
    Crime more your thing? Check for The Fix, Kill or be Killed, Gasolina or Slots.

Basically what I'm saying: there's hundreds of options out there, and many of them are decent-to-good. Since there's very few cross-overs, first trade paperbacks are cheap, and most series are stand-alone, you can pretty easily begin with any series that catches your eye. The trick is to narrow down what you'd be interested in first!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by TotalSnorefest View Post
    What genre/types of stories do you like? Any preferred art styles, or maybe things you don't like?
    There's a lot of Image options out there.

Invincible has you covered for another 130 or so issues, and it also had some cross-over stuff with Tech Jacket I believe.
    Other good superhero books from Image are Savage Dragon (another long-running one) and C.O.W.L. (that one's very short). Plus there's classic series like Witchblade and Spawn if you prefer that 90s aesthetic.

Outside of superheroes is where you'll find the more varied stuff though, in my opinion.
    For horror series you can't go wrong with The Walking Dead, Revival, Nailbiter, Green Wake, or Severed.
    In fantasy the big titles are Autumnlands, Monstress, Rat Queens, and Saga.
    Good sci-fi options are Descender, Invisible Republic, Saga again, Black Science, Prophet, etc.
    For comedy I would check out Snotgirl, The End Times of Bram & Ben, I Hate Fairyland, God Hates Astronauts, Sex Criminals.
    Crime more your thing? Check for The Fix, Kill or be Killed, Gasolina or Slots.

Basically what I'm saying: there's hundreds of options out there, and many of them are decent-to-good. Since there's very few cross-overs, first trade paperbacks are cheap, and most series are stand-alone, you can pretty easily begin with any series that catches your eye. The trick is to narrow down what you'd be interested in first!
    i would prefer stories that feel diffrent to marcel and dc, from my manga reading i seem to not go well with comedy focused stories (you can have comedy,even a lot of it,but if it is the main "thing"... no) and i like adult stories,didnt read much comics besides marvel post dissassembeled til civil war and dc rebirth stuff with some classics mixed in like the killing joke

Quote Originally Posted by Oryo23 View Post
    i would prefer stories that feel diffrent to marcel and dc, from my manga reading i seem to not go well with comedy focused stories (you can have comedy,even a lot of it,but if it is the main "thing"... no) and i like adult stories,didnt read much comics besides marvel post dissassembeled til civil war and dc rebirth stuff with some classics mixed in like the killing joke
    Anything from Brubaker or Remender. The former has something new he's about to announce and the latter just launched Death or Glory. The first issue was very good.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Anything from Brubaker or Remender. The former has something new he's about to announce and the latter just launched Death or Glory. The first issue was very good.
    thx, checked some of the premises for their comics,looks cool (also they both did some marvel comics that i know are liked in that community)