Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Recently switch from all DC to all Image and I am very pleased with the variety and quality.

Regularly picking up:
    Birthright
    Black Science
    Invincible
    Jupiter's Circle/Legacy
    Saga
    Switch
    Wayward

And after reading some reviews/thoughts I am thinking about picking up Copperhead, Power Lines (anyone know if this is an ongoing or mini?) and East of West.
    Last edited by Azraelsos; 03-31-2016 at 05:19 PM.

I struggled with Black Science on my first read, I'm willing to give it another shot as I really liked the concept of it but something didn't resonate with me.

I just really started diving into Image and I'm in love. . . haven't read anything yet I didn't enjoy
    My favorites and good ones to start out with:
    -The Walking Dead
    -The Wicked + The Divine
    -Deadly Class
    -Chew (one I just started but really enjoy so far)

Quote Originally Posted by rhomba View Post
    I struggled with Black Science on my first read, I'm willing to give it another shot as I really liked the concept of it but something didn't resonate with me.
    What did you read? Vol 1? I really liked the story arc that just ended which was more slow and character driven, nice break from all the action

Quote Originally Posted by rhomba View Post
    I am a huge fan of Remender but I think sometimes his pacing is too aggressive. Sometimes when reading I am looking to relax not be stressed out.

All-New Member

The Wicked + The Divine
    Southern Cross
    Paper Girls

^ There are many more good titles from Image but I feel that these are two of the best. Not only that, but they would be easy to catch up on.
    New to blogging. Can't quite wrap my head around themes, etc. So for now I'm just going to focus on the content, although I would like my site to look less basic than it already does. Maybe someday.

currentcomicsandmore.tumblr.com

Check it out!

Has anyone read Wytches? I'm thinking of picking up the first trade and was curious as to your thoughts.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by belar View Post
    Has anyone read Wytches? I'm thinking of picking up the first trade and was curious as to your thoughts.

Thanks.
    I enjoyed it, dark and oppressive. The art was amazing, the psychedelic, splatter effects really added to the mood of disorientation

Can any of the experts on here recommend me some Image comics (past or present) to get into?
    Stuff I like is dark/supernatural revival, walking dead, east of west, wytches outside of comics southern gothic supernatural americana/horror. mulholland drive/lost highway kind of stuff

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Mick Turpin View Post
    Can any of the experts on here recommend me some Image comics (past or present) to get into?
    Stuff I like is dark/supernatural revival, walking dead, east of west, wytches outside of comics southern gothic supernatural americana/horror. mulholland drive/lost highway kind of stuff

Thanks!
    Checkout Fatale maybe. Its a crime/thriller/noir thing with Lovecraftian overtones. Brubaker & Philips have alot of renowned works. Id recommend all their stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    Checkout Fatale maybe. Its a crime/thriller/noir thing with Lovecraftian overtones. Brubaker & Philips have alot of renowned works. Id recommend all their stuff.
    Excellent, will do, thanks!

Alright so I might require some help, now I have read some image series and found a couple I like to read regularly but I'm much more a Marvel and DC reader, which is why I need some suggestions.

The image series I have read so far are Saga, The Walking Dead, Birthright, Wayward, Lazarus, Most of Mark Millar's work such as Jupiters Legacy, Jupiters Circle, MPH, Starlight, Huck, and Chrononauts.

Edit: Should be known that I'm looking for trades not ongoings, I prefer to pick up my independent series in TPB and HC.

With DC and Marvel I'm currently reading the following but this is scheduled to change with Marvel Now.
    Contest of Champions(ending with #10)
    All-new All-Different Avengers
    New Avengers
    All-new X-men
    Old Man Logan
    All-new Wolverine
    Ms. Marvel
    Totally Awesome Hulk
    Sam Wilson, Captain America
    Spider-man
    Action Comics
    Detective Comics
    Nightwing
    Titans
    The Flash
    Green Lanterns
    Last edited by sifighter; 07-12-2016 at 02:57 PM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Alright so I might require some help, now I have read some image series and found a couple I like to read regularly but I'm much more a Marvel and DC reader, which is why I need some suggestions.

The image series I have read so far are Saga, The Walking Dead, Birthright, Wayward, Lazarus, Most of Mark Millar's work such as Jupiters Legacy, Jupiters Circle, MPH, Starlight, Huck, and Chrononauts.

Edit: Should be known that I'm looking for trades not ongoings, I prefer to pick up my independent series in TPB and HC.

With DC and Marvel I'm currently reading the following but this is scheduled to change with Marvel Now.
    Contest of Champions(ending with #10)
    All-new All-Different Avengers
    New Avengers
    All-new X-men
    Old Man Logan
    All-new Wolverine
    Ms. Marvel
    Totally Awesome Hulk
    Sam Wilson, Captain America
    Spider-man
    Action Comics
    Detective Comics
    Nightwing
    Titans
    The Flash
    Green Lanterns
    New to these forums, but here is what I would recommend to anyone looking to dive a bit deeper into Image, outside of the titles you've read already:

East of West
    Black Science
    Monstress
    Low
    Manhattan Projects
    Southern Bastards
    The Wicked + The Divine
    Chew

All of these TPBs can be found for solid prices on IST or /r/comicswap on reddit. Enjoy!

Hi all,
    I've been reading the first issue of the new Brubaker's series "Kill or be killed" and loved it. Now, that being said, I'm pretty new to Image comics and looking for something similar to KOBK in the way it approaches the main character, socials problems he has and how he "speaks" to the reader.
    Not that I want to read the same thing again, but I do love damaged characters and introspective analisys.

Quote Originally Posted by Neft View Post
    Hi all,
    I've been reading the first issue of the new Brubaker's series "Kill or be killed" and loved it. Now, that being said, I'm pretty new to Image comics and looking for something similar to KOBK in the way it approaches the main character, socials problems he has and how he "speaks" to the reader.
    Not that I want to read the same thing again, but I do love damaged characters and introspective analisys.
    I think Deadly Class would be right up your alley. Its about a homeless kid in 1980's San Francisco who gets recruited to attend a high school for assassins. The tone is a bit different but you'll like it.