Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920 LastLast
    All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Oryo23 View Post
    i would prefer stories that feel diffrent to marcel and dc, from my manga reading i seem to not go well with comedy focused stories (you can have comedy,even a lot of it,but if it is the main "thing"... no) and i like adult stories,didnt read much comics besides marvel post dissassembeled til civil war and dc rebirth stuff with some classics mixed in like the killing joke
    If you're a manga reader you might want to look into Monstress. The art is done by Sana Takeda and looks quite manga-like.

Has anybody read Black Road by Brian Wood? Haven't heard much from it in a while.. Good? Canceled? Hiatus?

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Has anybody read Black Road by Brian Wood? Haven't heard much from it in a while.. Good? Canceled? Hiatus?
    Last releases were #10 in May last year and trade paperback & oversized hardcover collections a lil' later. That one was billed as the end of a chapter, so presumably there's more to come. That said, Brian Wood is launching Sword Daughter next month over at Dark Horse... Which takes inspiration from Norse history, like Black Road and Northlanders. So yeah, not sure what to make of that, especially since the artist, Garry Brown is on Crude right now. That's just 2 or 3 issues in, I believe. It might be a while?

Picked up Unnatural on a whim (i thought the pig-girl on the cover was kinda sexy. Who'd have thought?).

Turned out - I fucking loved it! Great read. Recommended.

I also only just got into The Manhattan Projects and East of West despite being a massive Hickman fan. God only knows why I waited till now. This stuff is outstanding.

Quote Originally Posted by _Feely_ View Post
    Picked up Unnatural on a whim (i thought the pig-girl on the cover was kinda sexy. Who'd have thought?).

I also only just got into The Manhattan Projects and East of West despite being a massive Hickman fan. God only knows why I waited till now. This stuff is outstanding.

You need to check out The Black Monday Murders, it's one of Hickman's best.

Eclipse is pretty impressive. The first issue is all set up and backstory but very well told.
    Port of Earth is a great Sci-Fi title
    Shirtless Bear Fighter is exactly what the title says.

First time post! I just wanted to add Horizon to the Image recommend pile. Great comic that was sorely axed before it's time

I bought the Fade-out by Brudabaker and Phillips last week. It's a great film noir story.

I read Regression #15. Strong finish to the series so I would recommend getting the trades first.

I just read an issue of Die, and it's damn good. I'm likely going to pick up more.

also a fan of hickman(wish he'd actually draw more often) but never read any manhattan projects, just picked up the 1st trade though and looking forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsay Snow View Post
    i read the 1st few issues and while the art was great and it was somewhat interesting it just didn't grab me enough to keep buying it.

also a fan of hickman(wish he'd actually draw more often) but never read any manhattan projects, just picked up the 1st trade though and looking forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsay Snow View Post
    i read the 1st few issues and while the art was great and it was somewhat interesting it just didn't grab me enough to keep buying it.

I grabbed an issue of Ice Cream Man at my LCS(it was in the buy one get one free bin). Great place to start as it's a lot of horrorish/creepy stories. Each issue is self contained and only connected by the titular character. Strong recommend.

I bought all 4 volumes of Kill or Be Killed and thought it was great.

Amazing Member

Here are some comics to read

The Tenth
    Darkness
    Spirit of the Tao
    The first Darkchylde miniseries
    RayField Adam Clement
    aka "King Grinch"