Default Which DC character is misrepresented the most outside of comics?

I would have to say

Flash - Nerfed like crazy even in his own show. But I blame the writers/budget for not having enough creative stories so that we really see all the crazy stuff he can do
    Deathstroke - Would be #1 if not for Flash. He's been crapped on in almost every form of media. Arrow Slade was great but short******d. Oh, he was cool in Flashpoint Paradox as well.
    Dr.Destiny - His appearance in JLU was a complete joke.
    Bronze Tiger - Just like Deathstroke, Oliver Queen beat him fairly easily in Arrow every time.
    Deadshot - None of them got it right. Arrow was the closest. He was a wimp in Batman: Gotham Knights anime.
    Martian Manhunter - Again, nerfed. But at least they got his personality right.
    Superman - This is a tricky one, but I think they play him too safe in other media.
    The Rogues - For obvious reasons, they never had a chance to be anything but filler villains.

BANNED

Batman is almost always portrayed as BatGod.

Most Barry Allen adaptations are Wally West. and not a good Wally West.

Bane is supposed to be a genius and criminal mastermind, but in media he's usually a dumb brute. DKR wasn't a great adaptation of Batman material but they actually nailed certain key elements of Bane's character that often get left out in adaptations.

Luthor is pronounced Looth-ore. Ra's is pronounced Raysh. no debate.

Wildcat in CW’s Arrow was awful. Just awful.

For heroes, I’d say Wonder Woman. Carter and Gadot were good but a lot of her other appearances in non-comics media make her more a haughty and short-tempered warrior woman.

For villains, would agree with Bane. Most just make him dumb muscle and I think only TDKR remembered he’s supposed to be intelligent.

Extraordinary Member

Bane is the one who usually gets stuck with a dumb portrayal.

If I can offer a single-instance screw up, Cassandra Cain keeping nothing beyond her ethnicity and name in BoP.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

BANNED

Aquaman hasn’t really gotten an accurate portrayal in live action. He was heavily nerfed in his movie and tv shows but a lot of it I guess could be mixing and matching and going their own route.

I’d say Smallville Aquaman was to aggressive and angry
    WODC Aquaman is way to goofy and seems dumbed down
    The Pilot Aquaman I guess didn’t appear long enough for me to nitpick Hartley’s characterization probably the closest appearance wise though.

The movie Aquaman is based heavily off the New52 but he seems like he’s capable of being killed bigger ammunitions like automatic weaponry, rifles, etc which isn’t accurate with the New52 onward or Post-Crisis even.

The grenade launcher thing was a pretty low showing too.

Smallville Aquaman and Pilot Aquaman were pretty nerfed too but his powers weren’t as expanded back then I guess you could say.

There’s stuff like Brave and the Bold where Aquaman is a dumb brute with hydrokinesis, Timmverse Aquaman who is overly angry which I guess could be circumstantial but it seemed pretty ongoing.

Robin being Dick Greyson. Which he was, but comics wise he hasn't been Robin for a very long time. I would love for them to introduce us to a new Robin.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.