Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    A classic from a past era

Ugh, Guggs if we're going to endure something from that era at least afford us the kindness of a writer who read previous issues of the characters he used. Or at the very least comics that were occurring simultaneously with X-men Gold:

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I see you caught the shade too 😁

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    I know teens are impressionable, but they're not so dumb that they would read a comic and immediately become convinced that being an adolescent parent is the coolest thing in the world. There were a few teen moms in my high school who were very nice people, but I can assure you that none of us other kids saw their situations as something to be envious of.
    I'm currently reading a manga about a 16-year old who's on track to have ten kids with a demon lord and it's presented as not being a negative thing. So, at least editors in Japan likely agree with you.

But we're getting away from my point! It's this association of parenthood with "fogeyism". I'm just kind of tired of the media and people who consume media associating marriage, parenthood and just being over the age of 25 as being "old".

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    Emma and her kids have also been through some tough times

This is one of the last moments I actually enjoyed in Morrisons run. I try not to think of the last issues too much.

This should go in the emotional/powerful moments thread.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    Ugh, Guggs if we're going to endure something from that era at least afford us the kindness of a writer who read previous issues of the characters he used. Or at the very least comics that were occurring simultaneously with X-men Gold:

to be fair, you cant put that on him. His issue was written before the Red annual came out

Wolfsbane is/was a mother

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    Wolfsbane is/was a mother

whew chile I know childbirth isnt pretty but this takes it to a whole new level

nevertheless who is the father?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post

Super hawt Asgardian God Hrimhari, Prince of Wolves.

Rahne_Sinclair_%28Earth-616%29_and_Hrimhari_%28Earth-616%29_from_X-Force_Vol_3_17_0001.jpg
    Last edited by Veitha; 05-12-2020 at 12:38 PM.

Rahne has really been thru everything and then some I swear she's in the dictionary beside the phrase "didn't deserve an ounce of all that"

Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    Rahne has really been thru everything and then some I swear she's in the dictionary beside the phrase "didn't deserve an ounce of all that"
    I remember reading X-Force and then X-Factor Investigations and I was like oh my God just run away to some far, tropical island Rahne and leave it all behind.

She's now on a far, tropical Island so it ended up slightly well.

Jubilee is the only respectful one deserving of the title "Mother".

BANNED

Motherhood seems to be pretty scarce in X-Men books, apart from characters like Mystique, Jubilee and Jean, even if in the case of the latter it seems to anger some of her fans. The men seem more accepting of clones and time travelers as children (or at least their characters lend themselves more to that), but that's possibly due to their backstory involving too much abandonment and betrayal (like Cyclops, Wolverine, Nightcrawler and Cable). Just a thought. I doubt that'll ever change.
    Last edited by PrezValentine; 05-12-2020 at 12:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    I've always found Rahne to be a selfish, horrible person who deserves every bad thing that happens to her.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Deadly Bee Weapon coveredinbees's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    I've always found Rahne to be a selfish, horrible person who deserves every bad thing that happens to her.
    Good lord. I've never met anyone else who doesn't like Rahne.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post

Hrimhari

10c

Astonishing Member

Didn't realize that so many x characters are terrible parents.