Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I'm sorry, but all these clones and time-displaced alternate reality people do not mothers make.
    Yeah. I’ve always felt weird when a character is beholden to their “kid from a future/alternate timeline”.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    Yeah. I’ve always felt weird when a character is beholden to their “kid from a future/alternate timeline”.
    Yeah, Storm was like, uh-un, go on now... ain't nobody got time fer that!

Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Omega Level Member WhitePhoenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post

They’re also using that faux British accent, and referring to her as Ma’am more than mom.

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    A classic from a past era

Emma and her kids have also been through some tough times

But Krakoa has brought a chance for them to start over <3

I'm not your mother, Rachel.

That was cold.

I love me some Mommy Emma.

BANNED

I'm sorry, but all these clones and time-displaced alternate reality people do not mothers make.
    <insert metaphor for unconventional family structure in real life here>

10 characters because apparently the forum doesn't recognize that as text.

Astonishing Member

Well, my personal favorite mother and child are Jubilee and Shogo. I know not everyone cares for "mama-Jubilee". But I love the idea of the sort of foster kid of the X-Men growing up and adopting a child of her own. Also, they're a pretty good fit for each other because Shogo was practically born into weirdness anyway, so he'd need a parent who can adapt to and deal with that weirdness.

Jubilee-and-Shogo2.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    <insert metaphor for unconventional family structure in real life here>

10 characters because apparently the forum doesn't recognize that as text.
    Eh. Having a “child” thrust upon you just because they time-traveled to the past is definitely unconventional, but I can’t fault anyone for wanting to say “Um, no”.

BANNED

Eh. Having a “child” thrust upon you just because they time-traveled to the past is definitely unconventional, but I can’t fault anyone for wanting to say “Um, no”.
    The POINT is that if the characters within the story CHOOSE (as much as they CAN choose because writers) to define their relationship as mother/child or otherwise accepting the responsibility of raising the younger party, who is the readership to dismiss it as being any less of a "real" maternal relationship than an adoption or elder sister taking a parental role for a younger sibling IRL?

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

I like how a lot of the X-Men have had very unconventional families, including mothers. I always liked Tante Mattie as Gambit's mother figure

tumblr_pu0y2h49dE1ru09bvo3_540.jpg
    Make Good Art

The POINT is that if the characters within the story CHOOSE (as much as they CAN choose because writers) to define their relationship as mother/child or otherwise accepting the responsibility of raising the younger party, who is the readership to dismiss it as being any less of a "real" maternal relationship than an adoption or elder sister taking a parental role for a younger sibling IRL?
    Yeah I like that they're exploring the Emma/Cuckoos relationship as if she was her mom (it strangely happened since Bendis I think, for once he did something good). And Gabby/Laura is gold too (plus I like that Logan considers them family). Also, Jean has been pretty much a mom to Cable even if he was her clone's son.

Yeah, I get that.

But I’ve also seen people shame characters that don’t embrace such situations, too.

Astonishing Member

Yeah, I get that.

But I’ve also seen people shame characters that don’t embrace such situations, too.
    True. Not everyone can be Nightcrawler. He was one of the few who didn't even struggle with it at first. Nocturne showed up and he was like "Please, call me Dad."

Deadly Bee Weapon coveredinbees's Avatar

They do if the people want. Rogue is adopted just like the Cuckoos and Cable.

They have every right to refuse to be mothers to alternate future children. It is unfortunate, however, Jean says theae things in front of Rachel while attaching herself to her dead clone's baby.

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    Was Rachel wearing a sombrero in that panel?
    Yes! Days of Future Present

To each their own, but the fact that their isn't one single actual X-woman to have gotten pregnant, carry the child to delivery and raise them in-continuity might should be observed. The fact that Mystique/Destiny and Jubilee are the only reasonably reasonable 'mothers' out of this bunch should also be noteworthy.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Deadly Bee Weapon coveredinbees's Avatar

To each their own, but the fact that their isn't one single actual X-woman to have gotten pregnant, carry the child to delivery and raise them in-continuity might should be observed. The fact that Mystique/Destiny and Jubilee are the only reasonably reasonable 'mothers' out of this bunch should also be noteworthy.
    Don't complain to ne about the sliding time scale. They're millenials now.