Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Batman dressed as Santa (looks like Pete Woods art) No idea where this is from, but whatever the definition of "best" we're using this is pretty great.
    That's from a Holiday Special from a few years back. I forget the story but Superman delivers some toys to orphans or something and the kids are kinda "meh" about it, then Batman walks in with that Santa costume and the kids scream "We love you Bat-Santa!" and your image is the next panel.

Or something like that. It was a cute, fun story.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Yeah, Infinite Holiday Special

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbr...r-told-17/amp/

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    I meant as a signature. I might have missed that part.Also, "the superman punch" is seen as signature move of his.It might not be intended but its touted as such.

Also, superman's shoryuken
    He does a lot of technically pretty well drawn punches, like what can be seen as the actual Superman punch mechanics, and some hard looking hooks and crosses. But I can also see his attacks as flying in a pose bullet style, or even arm punching, because his powers to beyond physics. Stuff like planting his feet doesn't matter if he's in space, etc.

Along the lines of what Adekis said, I like when it isn't really a solution. Like punching a laser. Or a red sun missile, or something magic. Just because it doesn't make sense doesn't mean he won't teach it who's boss lol
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Fantastic Member

The best thing Superman has punched is darkseid in the justice league unlimited animated series!!

Are we talking about the best things he has punched? Or his best punches? I don't think it should be that different. Well these are my favorite ones. When i saw this thread my very first thought was this.

Superman punches time! I love time travel. There are some really cool ways to travel through time. Something like a Delorean is pretty rad. But when you get to punch through time, that's the ultimate way to time travel. If there ever was a score for a punch out of 10, i would give it perfect ten.

Second best thing to punch was his own fist. That sonic boom was enough to stop a gigantic tidal wave! I love this 3000.

All of this is great but its the THOOM which wins it for me.

My favorite two punches are these. My other choices are more random. I love this particular punch. To this day it does not fail to bring out a chuckle or two. Lol.

https://youtu.be/osEjX0Bb2X0?t=269

Superman punching light attacks has alaways been epic. Thanks to Fleischer it has been done in other places. I encountered that the first time in Superman TAS.

https://youtu.be/lKqzUxRnO8g?t=44

I have always loved to see Superman punch Darkseid. I don't think Superman ever comes out on top. For all that awesome talk about the world being a cardboard he couldn't stop Darkseid. In short, not very satisfying. But in those instances the force of those punches are epic.

https://youtu.be/1d26N0VgYhg?t=189

Good thing that the sonic boom isn't forgotten. Here's some BOOM! from Justice League Action.

https://youtu.be/y73_RpazLVw?t=72
    Last edited by Soubhagya; 05-11-2020 at 11:19 PM.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Is'nt a thunderclap(punch your fist) basically hulk's move?

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Thunders! View Post
    I think my favorite is probably from Superman 248 vs. the Galactic Golemn. The Golem was basically an energy being powered by a Galaxy of Suns. Superman knows if he destroys the creature he destroys the Earth, so he simultaneously uses the creatures own energy, and some "vibrational" manipulation to send Earth into another dimension as he slugs the creature and destroys him. There is some proto-pseudo science string theory involved and I love it.

Also I have to co-sign on the Muhammad Ali book. Superman had no powers so the guy who went toe to toe with Ali was actually Clark Kent, they fought under red sun lamps and Clark went all 12 round without falling down. Then he punches an alien armada in a way that has to have inspired Captain Marvel vs. Thanos fleet in Endgame.

That Ali book is one of my favorites, Ali was like Jordan, Lebron James, and Colin Kapernick all in one. He refused to do the book unless Ali won the boxing match and I am 100% ON BOARD. ALI beats Superman, but Clark Kent goes the distance. Perfect.

Agree with Muhammad Ali. I had not given that much thought. But yeah. Clark Kent went toe to toe with the greatest. Destroying that armada is among my favorite Superman moments of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Adekis View Post
    I'm torn, because on the on hand I really like seeing Superman punch lasers. There's just something so delightfully impossible about it.

On the other hand, it is ALWAYS satisfying to see Superman punch a Nazi!
    No wrong choices there.
    Last edited by Soubhagya; 05-11-2020 at 11:25 PM.

I don't know. It probably is. Maybe a Hulk fan can clear that up. At any rate it would be seen like that. It was there in the Incredible Hulk movie. And i don't see any Superman movie doing it. More people watch movies then read comics. That was awesome in the movie. Hulk did that to put out fire in a helicopter. But in the scale of epicness, stopping a tidal wave goes up to eleven.

Speaking of movies i love the shockwaves when Superman punches in DCEU. Love the one-two punch as follows.

https://youtu.be/06Qm8cKJ-jo?t=32
    Last edited by Soubhagya; 05-11-2020 at 11:45 PM.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Soubhagya View Post
    I don't know. It probably is. Maybe a Hulk fan can clear that up. At any rate it would be seen like that. It was there in the Incredible Hulk movie. And i don't see any Superman movie doing it. More people watch movies then read comics. That was awesome in the movie. Hulk did that to put out fire in a helicopter. But in the scale of epicness, stopping a tidal wave goes up to eleven.
    It is hulk's move. Hulk has basically 3 or 4 signature moves.thunder clap i see it all the time in hulk stuff. Also, Black adam did it superman/shazam. A thunderclap just doesn't fit superman. It's radial and lacks focus. It would be counter productive with his hightened senses. I can see superman doing it sparingly, not as a main move. Superman's attacks would have a focal point. It's just how he was raised.

It is hulk's move. Hulk has basically 3 or 4 signature moves.thunder clap i see it all the time in hulk stuff. Also, Black adam did it superman/shazam. A thunderclap just doesn't fit superman. It's radial and lacks focus. It would be counter productive with his hightened senses. I can see superman doing it sparingly, not as a main move. Superman's attacks would have a focal point. It's just how he was raised.
    No i don't see it as a main move either. That tidal wave was a perfect place to use it. Since i love that so much i like seeing it popping up in some other place too.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Soubhagya View Post

I have always loved to see Superman punch Darkseid. I don't think Superman ever comes out on top. For all that awesome talk about the world being a cardboard he couldn't stop Darkseid. In short, not very satisfying. But in those instances the force of those punches are epic.
    For some years he was considered about even with Darkseid and won at least one fight clearly. But I think they wanted to walk it back to have a more effective villain, and the cartoon Superman was always a little behind anyway.

Hulk's trademark is a clap, not punching his own fist. The Super clap predates Hulk's thunderclap, but in typical Superman fashion it's used in weird ways other than direct force. He's used the friction of his hands together for vibration effects from breaking hypnotic spells to generating lightning. Makes this is a pretty great taunt

https://tenor.com/bckzG.gif

That tidal wave scene, because it's knuckle to knuckle, is what got me thinking about this whole thing though. That and generally when he makes someone sit down and listen by decking them. It's a very pulp sort of thing that I like.
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

I don't see why Superman clapping with great force should be seen as an infringement on Hulk's turf, any more than a leaping punch should be seen as an infringement on Superman's turf by Hulk fans.

Strength-supreme has limited utility. You gotta get your attacks in however you can. Clap, punch, landing on someone from above- no character has exclusive rights to these actions.

As for Darkseid, I always figured Superman was way, way stronger.

Simple math. Orion's not as strong as Superman, and Darkseid isn't as strong as Orion, which is why when Orion first challenged him to single combat, he set him up with a firing squad instead.

Of course, later versions of all the characters involved may have mucked it up. New 52 Darkseid is uncharacteristically inclined toward brawling, which he never did under Kirby's pen!
    Last edited by Adekis; 05-13-2020 at 10:45 AM.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

That's only cathartic for me if batman is at his best and with all his tricks.
    That's why I love this. You don't get to see the fight itself... because at the time Superman thought he was fighting Brainiac or Doomsday or Mongul... can't remember which one now... but you get to see the aftermath of a Superman vs. Batman fight where Supes isn't going easy.

Mighty Member

My 2 favorites are:

Conner against the fatal fivehundred Persuader (as Persuader wanted to kill Cassie) Beast Boy cheered to him...

Conner vs Superboy Prime....