Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Not really since all the Amazons were made from clay. There are even children amazons in Marston's. Diana and the other Amazons do say it's possible from training. Only one other Amazon is close to Diana Mala. Dc has never had that. How Diana could have almost lost. Mala could have also won. We saw that in Marston's. A lot of what we have is no one on the Island is near Diana's level.
    This only happened in the newspaper though and not in the actual comic book. I'd say its canon to Marston's vision, sure, but in the original story Wonder Woman is depicted as a sort of 'child of destiny' created by the Aphriodite. Also, in the newspaper story, are Amazons created as a sort of workshop process instead of through divine intervention?
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Azzarello took her origin, something truly unique, as a being created of pure femininity, and made her Cassie Sandsmark.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Azzarello took her origin, something truly unique, as a being created of pure femininity, and made her Cassie Sandsmark.
    Not even Cassie's original origin, which was more unique. I like the "she got rewarded for having the chutzpah to ask Zeus for powers" origin over the "she was a demigod" origin.

I agree with the sentiment of preferring the more maternally focused back story. Same with Black Canary. I prefer the one that was inspired to heroism by her mother over any of the other versions.