Spectacular Member

Default Roster of titles

With Marvel cutting back on the number of titles being released...

Do you think they should keep the number of titles to a small number or resume their massive amount of titles?

Quote Originally Posted by boltmonster View Post
    With Marvel cutting back on the number of titles being released...

Do you think they should keep the number of titles to a small number or resume their massive amount of titles?
    Definitely not at the same level. This could be a blessing in disguise. They need to cut the amount of titles regardless.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

This is the 7th thread you’ve started asking basically the same question.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Baby Thanos Member catbellysqueezer's Avatar

They should release even more than before.
    Baby Thanos

Double it tbh

I will post one answer here rather then in everyone of these threads.

I think this is a good time for each of the big two to look at what has been selling in physical form. Take some of the lower selling titles and turning them digital and see if they sell at the same level. Dont flood the market with smaller books that only have a cult following.

This would also be a good time to expand their digital presence. I know that a lot of people are opposed to this but to be honest this is something that is going to happen down the line any way so why not get the ground work going for it.

I would turn Marvel Unlimited into a tiered service. Rather then just one price for books that are six months behind maybe have a higher monthly fee for people who want it and have that tier have books that are a couple months behind or even current.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

BANNED

Quality over quantity is what I say.

Quote Originally Posted by Ying Ko View Post
    Quality over quantity is what I say.
    These don’t have to be mutually exclusive choices
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    Definitely not at the same level. This could be a blessing in disguise. They need to cut the amount of titles regardless.
    No they don't. They do need to change how they're released. Some titles do pathetically in the direct market. So don't bother. Do those titles digital exclusive and only print them in TPB format. If something does gangbusters in bookstores, but can't sell in the direct market, then doing that makes sense. Instead, half the time stuff ends up cancelled prematurely. It's very rare that they realise their mistake and fix it - Unstoppable Wasp was one such case, they brought it back with the same writer and the story actually came to it's intended conclusion, with only minor changes on account of Nadia's change of team affiliation in the meantime (her Avengers team disbanded and she joined the Champions).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I will post one answer here rather then in everyone of these threads.

I think this is a good time for each of the big two to look at what has been selling in physical form. Take some of the lower selling titles and turning them digital and see if they sell at the same level. Dont flood the market with smaller books that only have a cult following.

This would also be a good time to expand their digital presence. I know that a lot of people are opposed to this but to be honest this is something that is going to happen down the line any way so why not get the ground work going for it.

I would turn Marvel Unlimited into a tiered service. Rather then just one price for books that are six months behind maybe have a higher monthly fee for people who want it and have that tier have books that are a couple months behind or even current.
    I've wanted them to do this on Marvel Unlimited for so long!
    I really think there should be a subscription option where readers can have access to new content and not just older books.

I also like the idea of transitioning lower selling books to digital only.

Another thing that needs fixing is the digital price point. 20 page books for $4 isn't going to attract new audiences. Books should be $2,50 at most.
    DC is on to something with their Digital Firsts, but the content is still mostly repurposed DC Giants stories.
    If they manage to create better content and continue the daily distribution for cheaper prices, I think their product could be way more attractive to new digital customers than anything Marvel is currently doing.