Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Wolverine’s proven he’s profitable enough to justify a solo. If he didn’t get one he’d just take up more space than he already has on the team books. The same people who claimed he doesn’t need a solo would be the first ones to complain he gets all the focus in a team.

Quote Originally Posted by Spinster Sinister View Post
    I mean...I find the current run a bit uninspiring too but I thought the same thing about flagship team X-Men books for YEARS. He does have a lot of new/old area to mine. Amiko and the Scarlet Samurai would be fun to see, hell various bit mutants (Maggott? Idie? One of the Proudstars?) could make a good supporting cast. Percy is just staying a little too on brand at launch with too recent OML teas and...groan...Omega Red.
    Agreed especially with the supporting cast. I feel Logan can sit down and chat with almost any character and it's interesting.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

I’d say that he does. Not only is he one of the only X-Men who can survive in the world of solos, he’s pretty much one of the nice bits of connective tissue between the X-Men and the rest of the MU. Even now in the era of Krakoa where you don’t really see the X-Men getting involved in things outside of their own circle, Wolverine is still out there, getting involved with the other members of the superhero community and the world at large. I’d say Wolverine having a solo is definitely warranted.

Yes he does because the comic book buying public wants it case closed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    I’d say that he does. Not only is he one of the only X-Men who can survive in the world of solos, he’s pretty much one of the nice bits of connective tissue between the X-Men and the rest of the MU. Even now in the era of Krakoa where you don’t really see the X-Men getting involved in things outside of their own circle, Wolverine is still out there, getting involved with the other members of the superhero community and the world at large. I’d say Wolverine having a solo is definitely warranted.
    So true ����

Only Yana and Loogie deserve solos.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    I like to think he’s popular in the same way Clint Eastwood characters are popular.
    That's basically it, you don't need to like him, but he appeal is pretty obvious. People love revenge stories and a man with a soft spot for animal, just look John Wick sucess lol.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

With two issues in I really enjoy Ben Percy's Wolverine solo. Wolverine is a classic character and he works extremely well in solo books. The solo books provide the character that extra focus so he doesn't have to take over the main team books.

One of my favorite versions of Wolverine was during GM's New X-men. He was a lead character but he wasn't in danger of taking over the series - it wasn't Wolverine and the X-men (not that there is anything inherently wrong with that).

Wolverine has a lot of compelling attributes that gives the character staying power. Sure we have had a lot of stories about him but there are still a lot of stories to be told.

He's become like Batman with all his extended family, and that is not even counting the Summers family.

"Wolverine" should be a role in mutant combat teams as important as a telepath. Logan, Laura, and Akihiro are all Wolverines available for deployment, but there are several still in training. Anole, Mercury, Indra... they are all in Logan's boot camp, and THAT is what the Wolverine solo should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Yes he does. That’s why he has one. It sells well and his fans enjoy reading it. Case closed.
    Literally. Why is this even a question?

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    With two issues in I really enjoy Ben Percy's Wolverine solo. Wolverine is a classic character and he works extremely well in solo books. The solo books provide the character that extra focus so he doesn't have to take over the main team books.

One of my favorite versions of Wolverine was during GM's New X-men. He was a lead character but he wasn't in danger of taking over the series - it wasn't Wolverine and the X-men (not that there is anything inherently wrong with that).

Wolverine has a lot of compelling attributes that gives the character staying power. Sure we have had a lot of stories about him but there are still a lot of stories to be told.

He's become like Batman with all his extended family, and that is not even counting the Summers family.
    I think there is something inherently wrong with that. The X-Men are a team and their books should function as team books do. No character should be drawing the majority of the focus unless a particular story arc is centering them. That's another reason popular characters get solo books, and why they should have them.
    Last edited by davetvs; 05-12-2020 at 12:26 PM.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    I like to think he’s popular in the same way Clint Eastwood characters are popular.
    oh that makes perfect sense. I don't care for his characters either but I know there are many that do lol.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Does he need one as in deserving of one? This shouldn't even be a question. Other than Spider-man, Wolverine is the only other Marvel character who's solo series that has been a consistent seller over the past few decades. Even in the 90s when he was truly everywhere, his comics wasn't getting all the special gimmick covers(only 2 I'm aware of)to increase sells every other 10 issues. Hardly had any guest appearances from other characters because he didn't need it. If anything I'd say Wolverine is the only X-Men character deserving of a solo.

He should always have a solo. Him, Spider-Man, Superman and Batman should all have solos at all times.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

There are entire X-teams that don't have the draw that Wolverine has. He's earned his series.

If the book makes a profit?

Yes.