Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Why not? All of the popular properties have been explored thoroughly, including X-Men, and the title count is insane. Plus, solos tend to be easily ignored so don't see the harm.

Quote Originally Posted by Spinster Sinister View Post
    Why not? All of the popular properties have been explored thoroughly, including X-Men, and the title count is insane. Plus, solos tend to be easily ignored so don't see the harm.
    I think I started feeling some type of way after reading issue 2 of his current solo series. Like, even with this new exciting status quo we have Wolverine dealing with mind control and hurting his teammates once AGAIN. No hate to his fans, but I personally think he just works better as part of the larger X-Men tapestry. He also doesn't have the benefit of other solo titles (Spider-Man, Batman, etc.) of having a really strong supporting cast because his most meaningful relationships are with other X-Men who are doing their own thing in the team books.

BANNED

Nah, writers have taken him for granted to include x-men characters as much as they want from his solo in recent years. It's literally what he is been doing the same in team books. His self contained books are better.

If u have read the second plot of Wolverine #1, it was better than the first one.
    Last edited by Vishop; 05-11-2020 at 06:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Emphasis this point. RIGHT NOW. Because in the past (including the RECENT past) we've seen Logan anchoring multiple team books. And you can sure as hell bet it will happen again at some point in the future.
    Heck, even when he was dead they shoved a horde of mostly unwanted replacements into everything they possibly could.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by scourge View Post
    Heck, even when he was dead they shoved a horde of mostly unwanted replacements into everything they possibly could.
    What Horde? The books didn't fully adjust to the post-Logan status quo until after Secret Wars, at which point Old Man Logan pretty much picked up exactly where Logan Prime left off by appearing in all the events that needed Wolverine. And once ResurrXion kicked off the Old Man was on something like THREE team books plus his solo ongoing.

X-23 only got to be on a team until IvX, after which she only appeared in her solo until the post-Phoenix: Resurrection relaunch. She didn't even get to be Wolverine during events during the time she carried the name, because the Old Man got all of those roles. Daken only put in a handful of appearances in individual arcs of Gold and ANW, until he got to be part of the "B" roster of Blue towards its end. Jimmy Hudson was virtually forgotten except for a handful of issues on the Blue team.
    Last edited by Ambaryerno; 05-11-2020 at 08:38 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    What Horde? The books didn't fully adjust to the post-Logan status quo until after Secret Wars, at which point Old Man Logan pretty much picked up exactly where Logan Prime left off by appearing in all the events that needed Wolverine. And once ResurrXion kicked off the Old Man was on something like THREE team books plus his solo ongoing.

X-23 only got to be on a team until IvX, after which she only appeared in her solo until the post-Phoenix: Resurrection relaunch. She didn't even get to be Wolverine during events during the time she carried the name, because the Old Man got all of those roles. Daken only put in a handful of appearances in individual arcs of Gold and ANW, until he got to be part of the "B" roster of Blue towards its end. Jimmy Hudson was virtually forgotten except for a handful of issues on the Blue team.
    You sound like Logan was not a better character in books like Gold or Astonishing compared to all those years of Kyle/Yost or Aaron/Bendis's team books?

in 2 issues his book out rn has outpaced a lot of the other DoX titles imo. and I'm not even a Stan like that or anything lol. It's worth it rn

Fantastic Member

No he doesnt need a solo

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I dont see or understand why he is as popular as he is (such a boring character to me) but these companies are about making money. so I get why he is everywhere but do we really need another solo going into why he wants to cut, stab, and kill everything around him? I would say no, absolutely not.
    I like to think he’s popular in the same way Clint Eastwood characters are popular.

Yes. Wolverine works great as solo and must have it. The same are for Gambit, X-23 and other characters that works great as solo.

I'm cool with him having a solo and though I'm not a diehard, I appreciate how popular he is and enjoy seeing him on t-shirts and what not everywhere. I always find his relationships with other characters intriguing and I like that those can get explored more in his solos. Wolverine can dive deep into situations most other characters can't because of his healing ability and I enjoy that.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

I don't care about Wolverine but it is clear that he is a popular character, his comic sells and people are happy. Why not?

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I think I started feeling some type of way after reading issue 2 of his current solo series. Like, even with this new exciting status quo we have Wolverine dealing with mind control and hurting his teammates once AGAIN. No hate to his fans, but I personally think he just works better as part of the larger X-Men tapestry. He also doesn't have the benefit of other solo titles (Spider-Man, Batman, etc.) of having a really strong supporting cast because his most meaningful relationships are with other X-Men who are doing their own thing in the team books.
    I mean...I find the current run a bit uninspiring too but I thought the same thing about flagship team X-Men books for YEARS. He does have a lot of new/old area to mine. Amiko and the Scarlet Samurai would be fun to see, hell various bit mutants (Maggott? Idie? One of the Proudstars?) could make a good supporting cast. Percy is just staying a little too on brand at launch with too recent OML teas and...groan...Omega Red.

He's immune to the coronavirus, so he should have no trouble carrying a solo title.

Yes. He needs one.