Default The Force: The light side, the dark side, and the gray side: choose

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Gray_Jedi

In all seriousness, which would you choose?

Not entirely clear on the difference between the Gray and Light sides, but if Dark means going around and blowing up whole planets, I'll let that one go.

Probably Gray. Not because I want to access the Dark side, but simply because the restrictions of the Light side seem kinda dopey. Why can't Light Jedi have personal attachments? Gotta be chaste? Gotta suck up to that starchy council? Pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Shai-Hulud View Post
    Not entirely clear on the difference between the Gray and Light sides, but if Dark means going around and blowing up whole planets, I'll let that one go.

Probably Gray. Not because I want to access the Dark side, but simply because the restrictions of the Light side seem kinda dopey. Why can't Light Jedi have personal attachments? Gotta be chaste? Gotta suck up to that starchy council? Pass.
    Lol! When you put it this way, it's hard to disagree.
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

as the cheat codes say: RACCOONKING!!
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Honestly, I probably spend the entire time ranting about the Diet Philosophy that is espoused by pretty much every Force User until the blind guy from Rogue One clocks me upside the head with his stick.

Err in the light side you can have sex/dates/etc. it’s just you could not have “ties” to bind you to one person to mess up your focus.

I think it is canon Obi Wan has a piece via one of Padame‘a servant girls just no marrisge.

Snaking was obsessed with Padame to point of marriage, him wanting to save her lean him to go dark.

It’s weird but truth.

I guess gray because?

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    Err in the light side you can have sex/dates/etc. it’s just you could not have “ties” to bind you to one person to mess up your focus.

I think it is canon Obi Wan has a piece via one of Padame‘a servant girls just no marrisge.
    Nah, Obi-Wan actually had a relationship with Duchess Satine Kryze of Mandalore prior to Phantom Menace, which he broke off for his commitment to the Jedi Order, though he admitted if she just asked he would gladly leave to be with her. What I do like is that after clearing the air, both Obi-Wan and Satine still cared for one another but are committed to their duties so they still cherished what they had despite knowing a future romance isn't going to be possible. It's basically what if Anakin and Padme went that kind of route instead of making their relationship a secret kind of deal.

...Plus we got the hilarious theory that Satine's nephew, Korkie, may actually be her love child with Obi-Wan since despite his limited appearance, the kid looks rather similar to Obi-Wan.

I go with Grey. I get the best of both the Light and the Dark without having to commit to the Light's stifling philosophy or the Dark's twisted hatred.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis