View Poll Results: Would you like to see Batwoman in a Team Book?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, new version of The Unknowns

1 2.27%
  • Yes, new version of The Gotham Knights

12 27.27%
  • Yes, Gotham City Monsters sequel

6 13.64%
  • Yes, but make a new team for her

8 18.18%
  • Yes, but add her to an existing team

6 13.64%
  • No, keep her solo

11 25.00%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    It got good reviews: https://comicbookroundup.com/comic-b...-city-monsters

It concluded the story with issue 6, though the team disbanded to go their separate ways - there's nothing to stop them from reforming IMO.
    I don't remember if I ever read issue 6; I thought coronavirus delayed it.

Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    I don't. Supergirl has a show without a book for a period. Titans has a show without a book AND characters. At least with Batwoman, there's an explanation that they did promote her hard but the solo book didn't sell well enough, but Supergirl and Titans had a pretty steady sale.
    That's the same with Legends of Tomorrow and Black Lightning, too. Even Green Arrows book was iirc cancled before the show had finished.

Flash is the only one from the CW protagonists who has his own book at the moment, but he is one of the big six.

The Legends team doesn't even exist in the comics. Black Lightning does have a comic - Batman and the Outsiders.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    The Legends team doesn't even exist in the comics. Black Lightning does have a comic - Batman and the Outsiders.
    But that not a solo comic, and they put Batman's name on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    But that not a solo comic, and they put Batman's name on it.
    In fairness Batman is actually responsible for forming the Outsiders since its initial creation, and is generally tied to the team in some fashion even when he’s not on it, either because he put the line-up together or someone from the Batfamily is on it like Dick Grayson or Cassandra Cain. I mean the team initially formed because Batman recruited/ran into some other superheroes in Markovia while he was saving Lucius Fox. Sure he’s left the team on occasion but for the most part the Outsiders are kind of his team.
    Last edited by sifighter; 05-14-2020 at 04:52 AM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Wish there was a "Put her on a team, any team!" option.

I voted for putting her into an existing team, but only because an established team is more likely to last, and thus get Kate more panel time.

I'd be down with more monsters, I think that option works and sets her apart from the rest of the Bats, who don't normally deal with the supernatural.

I'd be down with the Knights, though I dislike how close Kate has grown to the rest of the Bat clan a Knights book *is* a good place for all the extra Bats and Kate's a good choice for running the team if Nightwing's not around (which I wouldn't want him to be for this).

I'd be down for a new team, maybe something heavily influenced by military procedures and practices. We don't really have a street level DC hero who operates like a soldier who's part of a squad, and that would help Kate stand out from the crowd. Maybe she could pick up what's left of the Colony or something. Plenty of names to steal; Seven Soldiers, All-Star Squadron, etc etc.

I mean, I'd even support DC getting real crazy and giving her a solo again!
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Artemisfanboy View Post
    As a Bette/Flamebird fan, I'd like her to come back and for Kate to finally acknowledge Bette as a fellow heroine and give her some more respect instead of telling her to quit or stay out. So I'll propose her joining the this team and being accepted as an arc.
    This! Let's fall all over ourselves and ignore what her team should and would have been.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Wish there was a "Put her on a team, any team!" option.

I voted for putting her into an existing team, but only because an established team is more likely to last, and thus get Kate more panel time.

I'd be down with more monsters, I think that option works and sets her apart from the rest of the Bats, who don't normally deal with the supernatural.

I'd be down with the Knights, though I dislike how close Kate has grown to the rest of the Bat clan a Knights book *is* a good place for all the extra Bats and Kate's a good choice for running the team if Nightwing's not around (which I wouldn't want him to be for this).

I'd be down for a new team, maybe something heavily influenced by military procedures and practices. We don't really have a street level DC hero who operates like a soldier who's part of a squad, and that would help Kate stand out from the crowd. Maybe she could pick up what's left of the Colony or something. Plenty of names to steal; Seven Soldiers, All-Star Squadron, etc etc.

I mean, I'd even support DC getting real crazy and giving her a solo again!
    What's wrong with Kate being close to the rest of the bats?

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    Because "ShE's suPpoSeD tO bE IndEPenDent!" or something else nonsensical. Because working closely with others means she's not that, I guess?
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    I was going to reply with my opinion but I won’t because, quite frankly, it’s impossible to have an actual discussion about Kate on this forum rather than an argument. This has nothing to do with you, Protege.

Quote Originally Posted by Twice-named View Post
    I was going to reply with my opinion but I won’t because, quite frankly, it’s impossible to have an actual discussion about Kate on this forum rather than an argument. This has nothing to do with you, Protege.
    I'm open to discussion. But at least as far as I remember, you've never said what your problem with Kate being close to the rest of the Bats actually is.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Wow, absolutely no one likes the Unknowns - I understand, that run was atrocious. The concept was sound IMO, but badly executed.

The Unknowns was the only team Batwoman actually formed though. The Gotham Knights were formed by someone else and she was handed partial leadership, as was the case with The Colony (who I didn't include on the poll since they're villains).

The Gotham City Monsters stands out somewhat, in that she joined the group last and had no leadership position (would have made no sense if she did), and she pretty much just tagged along after they invited her to join IMO.

I voted Gotham Knights, but Birds of Prey or Outsiders would be good choices for her too.

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    The Gotham Knights were formed by someone else and she was handed partial leadership.
    True. Tim was the founder of that team, with him and Kate as co-captains (though Batman outranked both of course). Tim knows his own weaknesses. He's good with tech, but his battle tactics have always been improvised (even his Young Justice and Teen Titans leadership was based around friendship instead of being the best tactician - to the point that Wonder Girl ended up taking over more than once), and that's where Kate's strengths lie, strategy and tactics.