Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Quote Originally Posted by JAK View Post
    Yeah - though if they can up enough content into FF7R to fill two games' worth I'm good with it. Funny enough, I always had a hard time with the graphics on the original - I'm an old-school sprite guy, myself. lol
    Be interesting to see what you think of the new graphics. Game looks and feels like Advent Children (a FF7 sequel cgi movie, if you've never heard of it). And there are a lot of scenes ripped straight for the original, scene for scene, angle for angle. I gotta be honest, hearing the loading screen music again almost brought a tear to my eye.

It'll take like, 6 installments to tell the whole story if they don't start squeezing bigger chunks of the narrative into each game (not cool guys!), but they fleshed out Midgar so well it's hard to be mad about it.

Right now it's in my head - but as soon as I get a chance to put it to (digital) paper, I'll be happy to send it to you. Basically, the idea is to have several movies, with each somewhat defining a different era of Superman, to show the transition from Golden to more modern - and to have it all realistically work (even why he has a 40's and an 80's origin). The first is Golden Age - and while the Kents play a role of sorts, he grows up in the orphanage - ala the very first telling of the origin.
    Always wanted to see the orphanage origin used in a big adaptation. But you're gonna get a lot of backlash from that.

So, you talking a Morrison-esque shift, like the Collector of Worlds ushering in a more Silver Age type of story, or like a "Clark experiences changes in time" kinda thing?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Be interesting to see what you think of the new graphics. Game looks and feels like Advent Children (a FF7 sequel cgi movie, if you've never heard of it). And there are a lot of scenes ripped straight for the original, scene for scene, angle for angle. I gotta be honest, hearing the loading screen music again almost brought a tear to my eye.

It'll take like, 6 installments to tell the whole story if they don't start squeezing bigger chunks of the narrative into each game (not cool guys!), but they fleshed out Midgar so well it's hard to be mad about it.
    Oh, I love the graphics that I've seen so far! It was the blocky PS1 graphics that I didn't care for. They remade FFIV like that for the 3DS and it just took all the charm away, lol!

Always wanted to see the orphanage origin used in a big adaptation. But you're gonna get a lot of backlash from that.

So, you talking a Morrison-esque shift, like the Collector of Worlds ushering in a more Silver Age type of story, or like a "Clark experiences changes in time" kinda thing?
    Well, using the orphanage gives me a lot of opportunity for the future. He'll still be found by Jonathan and Martha, but they'll be waaaaay too young (still very early dating, but they're in love - in fact, they call themselves the Jonathan and Martha Kent when they take the baby to the orphanage). The names are taken down (with the description "a passing motorist") and since the child has no name, the staff take to calling him Clark Kent after them.

At first, he's VERY sick - for years, in fact (foreign pathogens/etc). They don't dare let him outside for fear it might hurt him (limiting his sun intake) and while he's bed-ridden, he witnesses staff who are cruel to the kids and a kindly glassed doctor who's very nice and stands up for them (running the aformentioned staff out of the place) and who comes in often to check on Clark. In this way, he sees both power used well and abuse of power - and not being able to do anything about the latter because he's too sick fuels his strong desire to do something once he can.

One of the few things they let him out (in a wheelchair) to do is go to the circus when it's in town. The staff notice he feels better after having gone and attribute it to excitement (when it's really him finally getting sun to fight off the foreign Earth germs) and because he's weaker, his favorite act by far is the strongman (which is where his love of the suit design comes in).

Anyway - major skipping - most of the first film, he's only seen in glimpses as Superman by most.. he'll stop for kids when they look like they need someone to talk to, but that's about it. So the public learns more about him but it's limited. At the end of the film, in one of his first major public acts he has to stop a bomb above the city (when he learns he can fly) and when it explodes, he's hurt and his clothes are ripped to shreds. He's in the hospital, and the city wants to do something for him - and once kids hear about it, they all start sending "get well Superman" letters. And since they're the ones who got a good look at him, they send drawings. The city picks one and decides to make him a new costume (that's how we get from Action #1 to the more Wayne Boring version).

2nd movie, he learns about Krypton, and decides to go out to investigate - setting up a Silver Age Brainiac movie in an outer space setting. By the end, he makes it back to Earth, and doesn't recognize ANYthing - it's modern(ish) day - setting up.....

The 3rd movie : The Daily Star staff he knew are all dead - but the granddaughter of his old paper rival (also named Lois, after her grandmother) works at the Daily Planet - this one, he falls instantly for. Perry White says Clark reminds him of a guy he saw for a short span while he was a young copy boy at the Star. He goes back to find the Smallville Orphanage long gone. He does, however, remember the names of the couple who found him - and sure enough, they're married. He stops in to see how they are, and they get on so well that Clark tells them his story - in return, they talk about how they could never have kids and how they'd always wished they could have kept the child they found. So now, Clark has something resembling parents finally (albeit older) and one small tether to when he was originally on Earth.

Seeing all the technology around him in the modern(ish) age sparks a wonder for technology and he dives in, finding himself more than capable and becoming a bit of a geek by it, which slips into his Clark persona more in the process.

Anyway, that's some parts of it.
    Last edited by JAK; 05-21-2020 at 05:29 PM.
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

Oh, I love the graphics that I've seen so far! It was the blocky PS1 graphics that I didn't care for. They remade FFIV like that for the 3DS and it just took all the charm away, lol!
    Oh, okay! I gotcha now.

They re-did IV? I only knew of them re-doing III. Or...wait, are you talking American version or Japanese? So hard to keep track! I'm thinking of the one where you could change each character's job and they barely had any base stats at all.

VI was the one with Terra and the evil clown Kefka, right? That was a damn fine game. Don't think I ever played IV......

Well, using the orphanage gives me a lot of opportunity for the future

Anyway, that's some parts of it.
    Hhmm. I see potential in a lot of this. I especially like the spin on the Kents, and the time lapse (theory of relativity actually being used in sci-fi? Blasphemy!) allows for a lot of interesting facets.

Yeah, you get that script going, I would love to take a look at it. If you're serious about pursuing it and trying to get some attention from WB, I'll sign a NDA for you too if you'd like.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Oh, okay! I gotcha now.

They re-did IV? I only knew of them re-doing III. Or...wait, are you talking American version or Japanese? So hard to keep track! I'm thinking of the one where you could change each character's job and they barely had any base stats at all.

VI was the one with Terra and the evil clown Kefka, right? That was a damn fine game. Don't think I ever played IV......
    Yeah, it gets confusing really quickly! FFIV was originally FFII on the SNES. That may still be my favorite, but part of that is because it was one of my first.

Here's SNES:
    FFVISNES(namedFFII).jpg

And here's whatever the heck this is on the 3DS:
    FFVI3DS.jpg

And eventually they did a much better remake on the PSP:
    FFVIPSP.jpg

And yep, VI was the one with Terra. (FFIII on the SNES).

Hhmm. I see potential in a lot of this. I especially like the spin on the Kents, and the time lapse (theory of relativity actually being used in sci-fi? Blasphemy!) allows for a lot of interesting facets.

Yeah, you get that script going, I would love to take a look at it. If you're serious about pursuing it and trying to get some attention from WB, I'll sign a NDA for you too if you'd like.
    Thank you!! Yeah, I like the idea of each era having it's own feel and giving reasons why it's all the same guy but still fits each period was something I thought of as a neat challenge.. Like in the 40's, Clark is more of what we see in the early issues, but once he discovers tech we see the more nerdy Clark come out naturally - in this Clark is where he lets out all the facets of himself he can't as Superman - and vice-versa. So it's not "this is real/this isn't," it's facets of the same guy in different circumstances. And I'll be happy to send it to you when I have it, I'd love your thoughts on it. As for being serious.. I honestly have no idea, I just figured it'd (the first installment, anyway, would) make for a good fan film, but once it's on paper we'll see if I feel differently.
    Last edited by JAK; 05-21-2020 at 10:02 PM.
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

And yep, VI was the one with Terra. (FFIII on the SNES).
    Thought so. Man that was a great game. 7, 12, and 6 are still my favorites (though 12 takes forever to get going). 15 has been....okay. Haven't finished it yet, so holding out hope that it improves.

Thank you!!

And I'll be happy to send it to you when I have it, I'd love your thoughts on it. As for being serious.. I honestly have no idea, I just figured it'd (the first installment, anyway, would) make for a good fan film, but once it's on paper we'll see if I feel differently.
    I look forward to reading it!

~ Black Panther.