Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

One has to wonder why our Hal and Carol seem to be on opposite sides... why can't these crazy kids just work it out???

I'm surprised they're keeping the New 52 Star Sapphire costume.

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    I was hoping to see more of Hal and Carol. But somehow this is not what I had in mind.
    Don't know if this just the cover but looks like the black on Carol's New 52 costume has becoming mostly all pink sapphire

Carol from the 80th Anniversary issue.

Weird that Johns or Reis decided to dress her like Cowgirl. Nothing wrong with the look per se, but it's an odd choice considering.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Weird that Johns or Reis decided to dress her like Cowgirl. Nothing wrong with the look per se, but it's an odd choice considering.
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed that .

Maybe she was going for the "dress like your rival" move...

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I could her wearing a flight jacket but yeah other stuff definitely evokes Cowgirl.

That or it’s Hal’s fantasy version of Carol.

BANNED

Kyle & Carol forever.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueRuggo View Post
    Kyle & Carol forever.
    ....NOT! (seemed appropriate to dig up a 90's burn in honor of Kyle "NIN" Rayner )

BANNED

Haha, yea.

I do have to say though that I cannot for the life of me understand the hatred that there was for Kyle & Carol. New Guardians was one of my favorite New 52 titles and it provided us with one of the only depictions of Carol Ferris having any agency of her own in a way that was believable, in contrast to most of her pre52 depictions in which she was either (1) Hal Jordan's sex kitten employer and truly just the object of his affection or (2) a bitchy, bossy shrew. Both depictions were offensive and stupid, made worse by Hal Jordan's male chauvinistic tendencies.

Kyle and Carol made such a natural, cute couple. He didn't try to control her or beg her for money. One of the few times in which a male hero was partnered with an older, more experienced female, and it worked. I wonder if that was the real reason people hated it.

It's made even sadder by the fact that Carol has had barely any presence since Rebirth. The Kyle & Carol relationship is more or less erased, and we are back to having Carol Ferris being referenced ~once a year as Hal Jordan's booty call... or not even at all. I guess in that way the Hal & Carol forever crowd got what they wanted.
    Last edited by BlueRuggo; 10-24-2020 at 02:13 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm surprised they're keeping the New 52 Star Sapphire costume.
    Her New52 costume was superb though.

Haha, yea.

I do have to say though that I cannot for the life of me understand the hatred that there was for Kyle & Carol. New Guardians was one of my favorite New 52 titles and it provided us with one of the only depictions of Carol Ferris having any agency of her own in a way that was believable, in contrast to most of her pre52 depictions in which she was either (1) Hal Jordan's sex kitten employer and truly just the object of his affection or (2) a bitchy, bossy shrew. Both depictions were offensive and stupid, made worse by Hal Jordan's male chauvinistic tendencies.

Kyle and Carol made such a natural, cute couple. He didn't try to control her or beg her for money. One of the few times in which a male hero was partnered with an older, more experienced female, and it worked. I wonder if that was the real reason people hated it.

It's made even sadder by the fact that Carol has had barely any presence since Rebirth. The Kyle & Carol relationship is more or less erased, and we are back to having Carol Ferris being referenced ~once a year as Hal Jordan's booty call... or not even at all. I guess in that way the Hal & Carol forever crowd got what they wanted after all.
    I like Hal and Carol together but I was going off of the Johns run depiction of them where I feel like, for all their faults, they really belonged together. So to have her shift so quickly to Kyle just felt disingenuous to me. It wasn't necessarily the dynamic but just it didn't seem like these two would fall for each other so quickly and with their history.

I mean, us Hal fans were complaining about the lack of Carol a lot during the Hal N' Pals run.
    It feels like everyone is getting costume updates these days, or just going back to classic costumes.

It's definitely an improvement over the from Pre-Flashpoint but I think I still prefer the Silver Age costume.

I also like the GL:TAS take on the costume .

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    It's definitely an improvement over the from Pre-Flashpoint but I think I still prefer the Silver Age costume.

Hmm.. it's good looking. Why do you like it?