Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

^^ Interesting how Hal flexed his butt when pointing to Carol.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    i wouldn't mind following a green lantern star sapphire team up book.

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    Neither would I - as long as Hal and Carol are depicted as a solid couple, written well with an understanding of nuanced adult relationships. Badly written couples with friction are difficult to stomach every month, especially if it's Hal just being clueless over and over. (I really disliked Venditti's first GL run - he made me drop the book and I've never dropped Hal - even bought every issue of "Action Comics Weekly...")

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Neither would I - as long as Hal and Carol are depicted as a solid couple, written well with an understanding of nuanced adult relationships. Badly written couples with friction are difficult to stomach every month, especially if it's Hal just being clueless over and over. (I really disliked Venditti's first GL run - he made me drop the book and I've never dropped Hal - even bought every issue of "Action Comics Weekly...")
    I'm in agreement on all of this .

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Carol as she appeared in Green Lantern #45 (October, 2009). Art by Doug Mahnke.

yeah, i'm tired of heroes portrayed as incompetent or whatever.

with a sapphire and lantern team up, the setting can be in coast city instead of space. a good time to develop the rest of the forgotten supporting cast that live in coast city.

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    Carol as she appeared in Green Lantern #45 (October, 2009). Art by Doug Mahnke.

Absolutely gorgeous .

yeah, i'm tired of heroes portrayed as incompetent or whatever.

with a sapphire and lantern team up, the setting can be in coast city instead of space. a good time to develop the rest of the forgotten supporting cast that live in coast city.
    That'd be pretty interesting setup, maybe Carol becomes Coast City's main superhero the more Hal spends time in space on space cop stuff.

That'd be pretty interesting setup, maybe Carol becomes Coast City's main superhero the more Hal spends time in space on space cop stuff.
    So, in this context Carol is the "stay at home" spouse taking care of the domestic issues (earth-based), while Hal goes off to work? (in space) hehe ... Actually, I can see a book having a lot of fun with that analogy.

that's interesting. carol being elevated to hero status. i wonder if she can carry her own on-going series.

Coast City hasn't had a consistent GL presence in forever, so I kind of assume Carol has picked up the slack if anyone has.

So, in this context Carol is the "stay at home" spouse taking care of the domestic issues (earth-based), while Hal goes off to work? (in space) hehe ... Actually, I can see a book having a lot of fun with that analogy.
    Not an analogy I intended but I could see it that way.
    that's interesting. carol being elevated to hero status. i wonder if she can carry her own on-going series.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Coast City hasn't had a consistent GL presence in forever, so I kind of assume Carol has picked up the slack if anyone has.
    Yeah, think it'd be a neat way to keep Coast City around since Carol has more ties to stay on Earth with stuff like running Ferris Aircraft.

Spectacular Member comradepitrovsky's Avatar

I’ve always thought that Carol should be able to hold down a book sans anything with Hal: remember, the reason she got the gem back in GL 16, in the old days, had nothing to do with Hal! She’s one of a few characters - like Mera, for instance - who is actually more interesting then the nominal main character in her cast. A book about a test pilot who is also a Fortune 500 CEO and a major backer of the Justice League and a intergalactic space queen would rule. Plus, I still want them to do something about that baby she sold to Neron in the 90s. Aaaanyway, a commission I got from Luis Lackzy of Carol:

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Character profile from the 80s: