Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Yeah, think it'd be a neat way to keep Coast City around since Carol has more ties to stay on Earth with stuff like running Ferris Aircraft.
    Why not continue what Johns did with Coast City as metaphor. Coast City may be back, but there's still lingering trauma and sadness about those who were killed. (think post 9/11 or Avengers: Endgame after the snap) It could be a recurring theme, giving Coast City its own characteristic and Star Sapphire having a unique hero/city dynamic where her role would be to ultimately help the city heal. (something befitting a hero whose powers are based on love)
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 05-29-2020 at 06:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Why not continue what Johns did with Coast City as metaphor. Coast City may be back, but there's still lingering trauma and sadness about those who were killed. (think post 9/11 or Avengers: Endgame after the snap) It could be a recurring theme, giving Coast City its own characteristic and Star Sapphire having a unique hero/city dynamic where her role would be to ultimately help the city heal. (something befitting a hero whose powers are based on love)
    And Carol is part of the corporate elite so they can also focus on the business-to-business dynamic of repairing Coast City .

There were also a lot of corporate espionage going on in the early Silver Age Green Lantern books so I think it'd be cool to see that come back to a degree.

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    GLTAS Carol was strong, funny, and competent. For someone without experience and training in ring slinging, she sure held up her own against Atrocitus.
    GLTAS Carol rocked.

I still regret to this day that the show was canceled so early in its run. I was hoping we'd see more of her in action later on.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Neither would I - as long as Hal and Carol are depicted as a solid couple, written well with an understanding of nuanced adult relationships. Badly written couples with friction are difficult to stomach every month, especially if it's Hal just being clueless over and over. (I really disliked Venditti's first GL run - he made me drop the book and I've never dropped Hal - even bought every issue of "Action Comics Weekly...")
    I couldn't agree with you more.

I'd also be down for such a book if they are written as a solid couple.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    And Carol is part of the corporate elite so they can also focus on the business-to-business dynamic of repairing Coast City .

There were also a lot of corporate espionage going on in the early Silver Age Green Lantern books so I think it'd be cool to see that come back to a degree.
    Yeah, that could be interesting. Maybe so something like some Iron Man stories that are part him balancing running his company/corporate warfare and the other part is being Iron Man.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by comradepitrovsky View Post
    I’ve always thought that Carol should be able to hold down a book sans anything with Hal: remember, the reason she got the gem back in GL 16, in the old days, had nothing to do with Hal! She’s one of a few characters - like Mera, for instance - who is actually more interesting then the nominal main character in her cast. A book about a test pilot who is also a Fortune 500 CEO and a major backer of the Justice League and a intergalactic space queen would rule. Plus, I still want them to do something about that baby she sold to Neron in the 90s. Aaaanyway, a commission I got from Luis Lackzy of Carol:
    Whew, that is gorgeous. This artist definitely made me like this costume even more.

Which leads me to ask, what are y'all favorite SS designs?

Here's mine in order:

1. Justice League Doom

2. New 52

3.Classic

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    that's interesting. carol being elevated to hero status. i wonder if she can carry her own on-going series.
    Yeah, Carol definitely seems like a strong enough character who could headline her own series. The closest it came to that was probably her prominent role in 2011’s Green Lantern: New Guardians.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Whew, that is gorgeous. This artist definitely made me like this costume even more.

Which leads me to ask, what are y'all favorite SS designs?

Here's mine in order:

1. Justice League Doom

2. New 52

3.Classic
    1. Classic/Silver Age outfit
    2. New 52
    3. GL: TAS

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    1. Classic/Silver Age outfit
    2. New 52
    3. GL: TAS
    This pretty much matches my opinion as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    This pretty much matches my opinion as well.
    Same for me.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    GLTAS Carol rocked.

I still regret to this day that the show was canceled so early in its run. I was hoping we'd see more of her in action later on.
    I'm still jealous that Young Justice got another season. Wish that happened to GLTAS too.

I'm still jealous that Young Justice got another season. Wish that happened to GLTAS too.
    Speaking of Young Justice, first time Kari Wahlgren played Carol.

Same, though I guess the series' fate was tied up with the failure of the '11 movie which YJ doesn't have with higher ups probably.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    The Justice League Action design was less revealing in the actual show: