Default Has Superman ever changed the course of a mighty river?

In the opening theme of the 1950s Adventures of Superman TV series among Superman's abilities like being faster than a speeding bullet, more powerful than a locomotive, able to leap tall buildings in a single bound,
    bend steel in his bare hands was the ability to change the course of mighty rivers. All the other abilities were shown at one time or another on the TV show. But never anything to do with a river. So was this ever
    shown in a comic book, animation, or other live action depictions?

Off the top of my head, the only time I can recall him doing this in comics was somewhere around the Infinite Crisis era, when he had multiple Fortresses set up in different parts of the world. One of them was in a jungle or rain forest, a dam was broken, and Clark had to save a nearby village from being flooded.

I'm sure it's been done other times, but that's all I can think of right now.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Kingdom come

Stops a lava river.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 05-12-2020 at 02:30 PM.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

How close is close enough to that feat? You mean like them literally saying it?Supes 30.jpg.jpg
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES